Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:15:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

GOP Senate Candidate: No Abortion Access For **** Victims

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP Senate Candidate: No Abortion Access For **** Victims  (Read 49 times)
Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: October 12, 2012, 11:29:50 pm »

Rick Berg, North Dakota GOP Senate Candidate: No Abortion Access For **** Victims

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQwFyssnNE&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Posted: 10/12/2012 4:20 pm EDT Updated: 10/12/2012 6:02 pm EDT

Rick Berg
Rep. Rick Berg, who is running for U.S. Senate in North Dakota, believes that abortion access should be legal only when the life of the mother is at risk.(Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images)

WASHINGTON -- North Dakota Senate candidate Rep. Rick Berg (R-N.D.) is a staunch opponent of abortion access, believing it should be banned except when the life of the mother is at risk. But when asked in an interview Wednesday whether a woman who sought an illegal abortion should be jailed or fined, Berg declined to get into specifics and said the punishment should be figured out through the "legislative process."

Berg sat down with KVRR in Fargo, N.D., Wednesday, where news director Jim Shaw asked the congressman whether there any circumstances under which he would allow an abortion.

"My position has been pretty clear," Berg replied. "I'm pro-life, I'm concerned about the unborn and people who can't take care of themselves. So I'm pro-life. I would make an exception for the life of the mother."

When asked whether he would make an exception for **** victims, Berg said he would not, but refused to be specific on the penalty for women seeking an abortion if it was illegal:

SHAW: Why would you force a woman who has been raped to have that baby?

BERG: You know, like I said Jim, my position is pro-life, and I care about the unborn and I feel that’s really where we should be in our policy.

SHAW: What would the appropriate sentence be if abortion was illegal and a woman did have an abortion?

BERG: I'll leave that up to others to come up with that.

SHAW: Should we put her in jail? Should we fine her? Do you have any thoughts on that at all?

BERG: Those are things that need to be worked out through the legislative process.

In 2007, while a member of the state legislature, Berg voted with the minority to outlaw abortion. The bill would have made it a felony for a doctor to perform the abortion procedure and, according to the Bismarck Tribune, allowed for prosecution of the mother.

In his interview with KVRR, Berg seemed to leave the door open to punishing the woman seeking the abortion as well, if a legislature deemed it appropriate.

Berg spokesman Chris Van Guilder disputed this interpretation, saying the congressman absolutely does not believe in punishing the mother.

"Rick is not, nor has he ever been, in favor of punishing women who seek abortions," said Van Guilder. "As a husband and father, nothing is more important to Rick than his wife, Tracy, and their son Jack. Rick believes in the miracle that is life and will continue to defend the unborn, elderly and the infirm."

Berg is one of 10 Senate candidates endorsed by Republican National Coalition for Life, a political action committee that endorses candidates whom it deems to be "unconditionally pro-life."

Berg's Senate race against Democrat Heidi Heitkamp is extremely tight, with Heitkamp currently holding a 1.2 percentage point lead.
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 11:31:50 pm »

Oh joy. So after a woman has her body used and abused by her rapist, she gets to have it used and abused by the state as well. And all to conform to the religious views of SOMEBODY ELSE. The First Amendment is supposed to protect us from just this kind of religious persecution. And it is persecution. There is no difference between this man and the Taliban. The scandal is that this man can win even one vote in this country that is supposedly the "land of the free". It seems if you're a woman, not so much.

If their going to punish the woman for having an abortion, then they have to punish the man who inseminated her. There is no immaculate conception, never was and never will be.

Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:27 pm »

What a complete lack of respect for women. I would never wish pain or suffering on another person, no matter how much I believed they deserved it. Though sometimes I think people like this can only understand how disgusting their beliefs are once they experience the situation in question, either directly or indirectly.
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 09:35:01 am »

Again these Republicans are closet gays.

Nothing they say about women should be taken seriously.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: