Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:09:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Republican Congressman: Evolution, Big Bang 'Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Congressman: Evolution, Big Bang 'Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell'  (Read 219 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: October 06, 2012, 04:16:53 pm »

Paul Broun: Evolution, Big Bang 'Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell'

The Huffington Post  |  By Alana Horowitz Posted: 10/06/2012 10:24 am EDT Updated: 10/06/2012 3:04 pm EDT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rikEWuBrkHc&feature=player_embedded#t=0s

Congressman Paul Broun (R-Ga.) said last week that evolution and the big bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of Hell."

"God's word is true. I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the big bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell," said Broun, who is an MD. "It's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

He continued:

"You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I've found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don't believe that the earth's but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That's what the Bible says."

According to NBC News, Broun's comments were part of a larger speech given at the 2012 Sportsman's Banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Georgia on September 27th. A clip of the video was distributed by the The Bridge Project, a liberal watchdog group.

Broun is a high-ranking member of the House Science Committee, of which Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) is also a member.

Akin made headlines last month for suggesting that women don't get pregnant from "legitimate ****" because their bodies have "ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

As Gawker points out, Broun made headlines in 2009 for trying to make 2010 "the year of the Bible."

Broun is running for reelection unopposed, the AP reports.

Watch a clip of his remarks above. The full video is available here.

(h/t TPM)
Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:40:18 pm »

Wow those idiots are on the science committee? Unbelievable!
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 12:42:15 am »

Republicans, a party of Goobers!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 10:46:49 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9ImScQGAo&feature=related

Grin

Where did Seth ever get his ideas ?
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 12:08:46 pm »

I'm sure they have that clip on a 24 hour loop.  Maybe you're right about this country going up in flames, Volitzer. It will be destroyed by the religious right. That's a more plausible scenario. Don't you think?
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Myrtle

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 12:18:35 am »

I'm hoping that Mitt bans that science stuff once he's elected!  All the learning good people need to learn is right there in the good book.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 06:53:09 am »

There is nothing in your magic book that is good, unless you think slavery, ****, incest, torture and genocide are good.
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:40:57 pm »

These religious nuts will help the NWO by being ignorant.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 01:16:49 pm »

I think the religious nuts will beat them to it, Volitzer. They are the real threat to this country.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: