Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 09:25:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurora Shooting: Suspect Opens Fire At Colorado Movie Theater, Killing 12  (Read 481 times)
Kristina
Superhero Member

« on: July 20, 2012, 09:30:00 pm »

6:05 PM – Today
'Dark Knight' Director Chris Nolan 'Devastated' By 'Unbearably Savage' Attack

Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families.

Click here to read the full statement.
6:01 PM – Today
Gun Game Advertising Gaffe

On a day when political campaigns canceled events and moved to halt their negative advertising, at least for a moment in deference to the tragedy in Colorado, Google's automated online advertising placement mechanism provided a troubling reminder of the way gun violence permeates our culture.

As described below, the brother of shooting victim Jessica Ghawi had linked to a two-year-old YouTube video of her, falling in heels on the ice while attempting her first interview, as way to keep the focus on his sister. Next to the playful, heartbreaking video, at least some YouTube viewers saw an advertisement for the video game "Combat Arms" featuring an assailant pointing assault weapons in all directions over the caption "Get Armed" and "Frag For Free."

Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: