Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:57:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Rand Paul has introduced the "One Subject at a Time Act" in the Senate!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rand Paul has introduced the "One Subject at a Time Act" in the Senate!  (Read 130 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« on: July 16, 2012, 07:15:20 pm »

Rand Paul has introduced the "One Subject at a Time Act" in the Senate!

This means that we now have the bill introduced in both chambers of Congress, with seven co-sponsors in the House.

Let's . . .

Thank Rand Paul for introducing this legislation!
Ask our "elected representatives" to co-sponsor these bills
Tomorrow . . .

Downsize DC co-founder, Perry Willis, will present you with something BRAND NEW. Together, we'll test drive a new tactic that will preview part of how we plan to execute our new Deny Consent, rebellion strategy.

So do this NOW . . .

Go to Rand Paul's Facebook page and leave a comment thanking him for introducing DownsizeDC.org's "One Subject at a Time Act" in the Senate.
Call his office and say thank you to the staffer who answers. 202-224-4343
Then do this . . .

Use our Educate the Powerful System to ask your supposed representatives to also co-sponsor "One Subject."

The hardwired letter to Congress for that campaign reads . . .

I would notice and appreciate your co-sponsorship of the "One Subject at a Time Act" (OSTA), HR 3806 & S. 3359.

You can copy or edit the following for your personal comments . . .

I believe every proposal must stand or fall entirely on its own merits.

Stop passing unpopular bills by combining them with popular measures that are completely unrelated. I consider this practice to be dishonest and criminal.

You can do something to fix this right now. The "One Subject at a Time Act" was introduced by Tom Marino in the House and Rand Paul in the Senate.

I CAN THINK OF NO GOOD REASON WHY YOU WOULD NOT BECOME A CO-SPONSOR TOO.

Please be clear, I DENY MY CONSENT for you to continue combining unrelated legislation. BE RESPONSIBLE. Co-sponsor this legislation.

You can send your letter to Congress here: https://secure.downsizedc.org/etp/one-subject/

Next . . .

We need to send out press releases promoting what Senator Paul has done. Can you contribute to help us send releases to as many media outlets as possible? You can make your contribution here.

Or, after you send your letter to Congress you'll see a contribution form. Please consider making a contribution to fund not only our press releases, but also the BIG CHANGES we have underway right now. This change will include . . .

A NEW TOOL FOR YOU that gives greater emphasis and higher purpose to proposals like "One Subject."
A game-changing NEW project for our educational Foundation.
Special new software for the Foundation that we have already tested, and that you will get to test too, very soon. You will be able to measure how minds change!
Plus, fresh tactics and new software tools, to DENY CONSENT to Statism.
Perry and I can hardly wait to tell you more! We'll explain the details in the coming weeks, starting with a new DENY CONSENT tactic tomorrow. In the meantime...

There are costs associated with all these changes, above and beyond our budget. The speed with which we complete them depends on your support. Monthly pledges are particularly helpful because they permit us to plan ahead and be aggressive.

But most of all we need to thank Rand Paul and send out press releases today, so every dollar counts.

And remember to read tomorrow's Dispatch, where we'll test drive a clever, new tactic.

Thanks for your support!

Jim Babka
President
DownsizeDC.org, Inc.
& Downsize DC Foundation

Reply to this message if you need help. We're eager to assist.

Forwarding or reprinting is encouraged so long as you retain the attribution and action links and do not edit.

DownsizeDC.org, Inc. is dedicated to withdrawing consent from State criminality. The Downsize DC Foundation exposes Statism and promotes human progress through voluntary association. Both are non-profit, public education organizations with operations at: 1931 15th St., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223, 202 521 1200. The Downsizer-Dispatch normally publishes four times per week.

http://www.downsizedc.org/about
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

Great!  Bills are now being suggested by Rand-I kidnapped-a-girl-in-college-Paul. Give me a break, why isn't this guy in prison?
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 10:40:22 am »

Do you not understand how 'riders' work when getting a bill into law ?

A 'rider' is an attachment to a bill that usually has nothing to do with the original intention of the bill, in the legislature that is likely to pass but if proposed on its own would likely fail.

Case and point....

Say there was a bill proposed to rehabilitate crack-whores that a Senator-1 needed to get re-elected in his district.  It makes it out of sub-committee only to get to the floor of the Senate and it gets voted down and the bill dies.

Now say another Senator-2 comes of with the Born-Again-Credit Act where due to the evils of fractional reserve banking all Americans are given another chance with their credit history.  OMG who wouldn't want that so all 100 Senators sign on to supporting it.  However to get the support of the Senator-1 the Senator-2 has to write in a paragraph provision to rehabilitate crack whores.  In order to get it done Senator-2 compromises.  The bill gets passed in the Senate, then in the House and then goes onto the President to get signed into law.   The BAC Act is now the law of the land with unrelated legislation that has nothing to do with the original act.

This is what Rand Paul is trying to stop.

Besides Krista some girls are into being kinky, unless she actually filed criminal charges most here would just write it off as college experimentation.
Report Spam   Logged
Rebelitarian

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:27:04 pm »

The term w*h*o*r*e is being censored here.    Roll Eyes

Ouch !!!!!!!!!!!     Shocked
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:28:31 pm by Rebelitarian » Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:55:30 pm »

Yeah the software here does all the censorship, but the administrators and mods here are great.  I've been banned from other sites and have had to get in under a new username but not here.

If it gets out of hand they at least give you a warning, other sites just ban outright.
Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »

Thanks, Volitzer!  I think its best if we have a difference of opinions here, its boring if every agrees on all the same stuff.

We have censored a total of six words here and w*h*o*r*e along with N*a*z*i* were not among them. It is the software.
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 10:45:56 am »

Yeah the Colbert & Stewart forums used to ban me all the time before they shut them down entirely.    Shocked

Go over there now... the forums are shut down.  Thank you fellow infowarriors.    Wink

The Hartmann forums have me on the outs again, I just got to give it time before I can sign up again.    Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Rebelitarian

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 01:02:57 pm »

Yeah I just got banned from Thom Hartmann too.

I guess if you come across smarter than Thom Hartmann you tend to get banned or offend his buddies who post crap there.

Such frail little egos over there.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 03:58:08 pm »

I don't think people should get banned unless they post ****, other than that, anything should go!
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 12:26:56 pm »

Yeah the more die-hard conservative or liberal the forum the more likely you are to be banned !!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: