Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:57:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis and the Permanency of the North Atlantic Ocean Bottom

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis and the Permanency of the North Atlantic Ocean Bottom  (Read 608 times)
walt

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

Hi walt

I have not read that book but I have heard of it since it is very famous. I dont understand how Atlantis could be on another planet, you are going to have to enlighten me on that one.

I got the idea from the book, and not the TV show called Stargate Alantis.
In the book he talks about another planet that was hit and distroyed.
We may have been moved to earth many years ago by aliens.
Just a thought...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 04:38:47 am »

oh ok , I still fail to see how it could be on another planet, but carry on.
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Parker
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 10:39:58 pm »

If it happened on another world, there would be no way that Plato, Solon or the Egyptians would have heard about it. Period! 

Oh. I forgot to mention, Mark, I always thought that Linear A might hold some keys to Atlantis. It was the Minoans' first writing system and it has never been deciphred. It is very old, and, since the Minoans sailed the seas, they would have knowledge that other cultures lacked. There might be a whole other history in there that we don't know about, in fact, the Minoans might have even been the Greeks that Plato refers to from Timaeus.

Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Parker
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 10:43:08 pm »

And by the way, I always hated Stargate Atlantis!  I wish one of these Atlantis shows would actually read Plato and just not used the name 'Atlantis' to go right to their drek.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 06:28:52 am »

Aw c'mon.  Stargate At;antis was a good show.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Mark of Australia

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 08:29:03 am »

heh,
I never watched Stargate Atlantis but it seemed like a popular show.

Hey Gwen, Linear A is mystery that I haven't looked into much apart from knowing that they are sure it is not Greek. Not sure if Linear A is the same script as Linear B but it is a different language

We will never know what is written in Linear A because the language is lost apparently.
Report Spam   Logged
walt

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »

heh,

Hey Gwen, Linear A is mystery that I haven't looked into much apart from knowing that they are sure it is not Greek. Not sure if Linear A is the same script as Linear B but it is a different language

We will never know what is written in Linear A because the language is lost apparently.

My task here is done...
please read your future by going to youtube and listen to:
" the story of walt willis"
good luck folks!
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Parker
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 03:41:37 pm »

Aw c'mon.  Stargate At;antis was a good show.

The show had nothing to do with Atlantis, Robert. Cities flying through space and life-sucking zombies are not Atlantis.

Thing is, someone could make an entertaining action adventure show on Atlantis set in the Bronze Age, but nobody bothers to read Plato.
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Parker
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 03:43:38 pm »

heh,

I actually did as search on the web for Linear A, Mark and one of the results that pops up is conversation we already had about it, you and I, five years ago!

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php?topic=67.0

Amazing how time flies, isn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: