Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 10:58:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Does this old photo show the lost stone triangle of Oak Island?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this old photo show the lost stone triangle of Oak Island?  (Read 696 times)
Christiana Hanaman
Superhero Member

« on: June 02, 2012, 12:29:32 am »

Does this old photo show the lost stone triangle of Oak Island?
by Oak Island Treasure on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 2:47pm ·

Robert Dunfield sent me a photograph of what he believes may be be the stone triangle.

For those who don’t know, the triangle was originally discovered by Captain Welling in 1897 then rediscovered by Hedden in 1937 before slipping down on to the shore in the 1960s during excavations.

During the Explore Oak Island Days tour, Danny paused at the location where the stone triangle once was and explained how it was destroyed. Here’s a photo of the position I understand to be where the stone triangle once stood (pay close attention to the horizon).

Location of the stone triangle, Oak Island, 2006

Here follows the image that Robert Dunfield sent me which he believes shows the stone triangle just beyond the logs. Robert felt that a pile of cut logs was a strange thing to photograph, so decided to look closer.

Location of the stone triangle, Oak Island, 1965 - note the similarities in the horizon

If you match this horizon to my previous photo which we understand to be the location of the stone triangle, you will see that the orientation is almost exactly the same, and it's even possible to match the topography of the horizon, and even the smaller landmass slightly closer to Oak Island.

So now we can say with confidence that the location in Robert’s photo is certainly the place where the stone triangle once was.

The only original photo of the stone triangle I have to hand is one which Nolan took and appears in Crooker’s book, Oak Island Gold.

Image of stone triangle from Crooker's "Oak Island Gold".

Compare the large white boulder in the foreground of the previous image with those by the shore in Dunfield’s picture:

Location of the stone triangle, Oak Island, 1965

I’ve purposely not marked out specific reference points in the images as I’m interested to see whether you come to the same conclusions. What do you think?

Could this photo have captured the stone triangle before it tumbled into the sea?

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=242612527127
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Christiana Hanaman
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:25 am »

Location of the stone triangle, Oak Island, 1965 - note the similarities in the horizon
Report Spam   Logged
Christiana Hanaman
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:58 am »

Image of stone triangle from Crooker's "Oak Island Gold".
Report Spam   Logged
Christiana Hanaman
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 12:31:33 am »

Location of the stone triangle, Oak Island, 1965
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: