Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:07:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Existence: is there a point to it?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Existence: is there a point to it?  (Read 1241 times)
Calvin Noble

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 03:50:23 am »

Robert and Krista, you are on a path of sin and filth and are both in dire need of redemption. Consult your local clergy before it is too late and you wander about like other liberal atheists and drug addicts.
Report Spam   Logged
Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »

There does seem to be a karma a set of rules that apply in the universe, but as for an over-riding power behind all that, I would have to say where is the physical evidence of that?
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 08:25:40 pm »

Why would I be ashamed of what I am (Atheist)?  A pastor or priest doesn't have any more answers about life than I do.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 08:27:48 pm »

There does seem to be a karma a set of rules that apply in the universe, but as for an over-riding power behind all that, I would have to say where is the physical evidence of that?

The believer has no evidence.  Just faith, which is nothing more than wish-thinking.
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Calvin Noble

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 04:35:42 am »

Why would I be ashamed of what I am (Atheist)?  A pastor or priest doesn't have any more answers about life than I do.

Why yes, he does, Robert, his words come from the Almighty.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 06:55:17 am »

Prove it. 
Report Spam   Logged

Calvin Noble

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 12:20:49 am »

Robert, one doesn't have to prove the existence of the Almighty, that's why it is called "faith." Either you have it or you don't.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 07:07:33 am »

So in other words, you can't.  Taking it on faith is nothing more than wish-thinking.
Report Spam   Logged

Calvin Noble

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »

By that same token, you can't prove that God does not exist, it is only your natural bias against the idea that tells you so.
Report Spam   Logged
Calvin Noble

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 08:30:39 pm »

In other words, Robert, you are just as narrow-minded in your own beliefs as you accuse me and others of being.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 06:59:42 am »

My beliefs are based on evidence and reason. So if that's being narrow-minded then I guess I am.
Report Spam   Logged

TWGilbert

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 03:18:44 pm »

Metaphysics/Mysticism #101: For any and all curious: A new micro book: The Reality of Nature and the Nature of Reality: Two sides of the same coin: The Dispelling of Fears and the Fears of Dispelling: The Conquering of Fears and the Fears of Conquering. These ideas both look at and are looked at. The nature of reality and the reality of nature compile the most fundamental principles of existence: that we observe and are observed at the same time: We are the actors and audience, the movie, the projector, and also editor, ticket salesman, and clean up crew in one of life’s many grandest infinite epochs within the space time continuum, the material realms, of which there are basically six (the seventh [actually it’s the first. We’re in the seventh. Depends on which way you count] and highest level is that state of rest we hear referred to so often scripturally). The material realms are a playground, a marvelous series of contraptions for exploration, enjoyment, trial and error, a totally mixed bag of experience, for discovery, for learning, but mostly for diversion. So where do we begin with our analysis? Stating various perspectives on reality and examining how they intersect and/or diverge: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was With God and the Word was God” (from the New Testament[King James Authorized Version], the gospel according to John). Here, a simple but rough translation: In the beginning was the Mother, and the Mother was With Child, and the Mother was the Child. How so? Rather simple, really. If God is Everything, Infinite, All knowing, Omniscient, and Omnipresent, then God (a perfect Singularity) can only create creation by removing part or parts of Himself (or Herself, depending) to use as materials for that creation. “God is Everything, and God is Nothing, and God is both Everything and Nothing, and God is neither Everything and Nothing,” (from the Book of Tao): A holistic approach to the same ideas previously stated. (Also, Hari, Om, Tat, Sat = Mother, Father, Creator, God). Then again, another perspective on the same ideas: “Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God.” (from the book, A Course In Miracles): Interpretation: That which is pure spirit is the ultimate and only reality. All else, which is imagined, is unreal and does not exist. Analysis: God, being a Singularity, is ultimately alone in a universe surrounded by Nothingness (an infinite sphere). The Nothingness is then a mirror, an inescapable “image” or reflection of God, for all of eternity. That God spends all of His time and effort creating Divine imaginings (the space time continuum in which we all inhabit in cycles of “quasi existence” for eternity) simply means we are in and within God’s imagination, in His mirror, Image, of Nothingness, in His mirror, image, of Nothingness that surrounds His Singularity of pure spirit. Yet He has taken parts of Himself to be infused in that adventure (His Sun/Son, the eternal Christ, of which we are all a part, and therefore His Light of creation), to be crucified (placed) on the cross of matter (Mater, Mother), the space time continuum, for 3 days (ages,epochs) in the realms of matter, for a time, or a series of times, to avoid the truth about reality previously mentioned (we are alone in a universe surrounded by Nothingness for all of eternity). But, what this also implies is that we are all infinitesimal parts of God (out Souls of pure spirit) and are therefore immortal (have always been, and always will be) and all of the parables, stories, myths, in all religions throughout history in all cultures relay aspects or examples of this reality, from Persephone, to the Prodigal Son, to Sleeping Beauty. The ultimate challenge to knowing any of this comes with the ancient biblical text line: “No one shall eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil [remembering who and what we truly are] whom I can “tempt” (means “time”, as in space time continuum) away.” We are all therefore stuck here for an eternity or until we master the secrets (sacred hidden teachings, mysteries) of how to remove ourselves from the reflection, image, mirror and return to the central source, final End of the journey for a rest (that seventh stage), then do it all over again in another epoch. Why am I relaying all of this? Because the dual nature of everything in existence (from the beginning, the differentiation between what is doing the observation and what is being observed, the Singularity and the Nothingness, God and the mirror) belies the facts that all of us stuck here in this realm, without exception, are children of the Divine, yet are purposefully devised with divergences and varying expectations and differences causing us to be almost permanently at odds (tower of Babel realized to perfection). However, there are so many ways in which we can all stop our myopic meanderings and “personal” and corporate and “separate” agendas, and realize that we all have to continuously help each other in this material realm, in order to be at peace. This particular realm in which we find ourselves is in fact the seventh level of  “Hell,” and there’s no getting out of “Hell,” unless we all collectively help each other figure it out. If you are wondering about what happens when we leave this place by dying, we actually recycle through the lower material realms (reincarnate) to return over and over and over again ad infinitum until we detach ourselves from the physical, emotional, and mental attachments (karmic judgments) we have spent an eternity collecting for ourselves. For those of you not wishing to recognize the reincarnational aspects of life, let me refer you to two marvelous scriptural references which irrefutably imply reincarnation: Matthew, Chapter 11, verses 13 & 14: “For all the prophets and the law prophesized until John, And if ye will receive it, this is E-li’-as, which was for to come.” And Matthew, Chapter 17, verses 12 & 13: “But I say unto you, That E-li’-as is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.” If you don’t think this emphatically refers to reincarnation, text or call or write back to me a plausible alternative explanation. I’m waiting. Regardless, the conditions at this “crux” in our collective development in 2014, as divine sibling rivals everywhere, evolving, growing, and expanding, is at more than just a metaphorical “crossroads.” We are capable of leading ourselves to our own salvation or leading ourselves to our own destruction. Our destiny is completely within our own unmistakably Divine hands. Reaching out to any and all with the divine secrets, of who and what we really are, may eventually save us. We are responsible for our own destinies as to the Divine lights within all of us. Your diplomas (sheep skins, golden auras) are in the mail. Blessings, Namaste, and peace, where we may all foster and encourage them.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: