Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:40:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ron Paul voted for the MLK Holiday

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul voted for the MLK Holiday  (Read 434 times)
Lugus

« on: March 09, 2012, 06:57:28 am »

There seems to be a fair amount of confusion about Ron Paul’s positions on different issues as well as his voting record as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.  Probably one of the biggest bits of misunderstanding is his vote of MLK Holiday.

Ron Paul voted Aye on a bill to make MLK Day a legal holiday.  This site shows the actual votes for and against HR 624.  http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h1979-624  The purpose of this bill was “TO AMEND H.R. 5461, MARTIN LUTHER KING HOLIDAY, BY DESIGNATING THE THIRD MONDAY IN JANUARY RATHER THAN JANUARY 15 AS THE LEGAL HOLIDAY.”
(If the above link does not work, I have a copied it into a Word document and will be happy to post or email/PM the names to those who are interested.)

Those who state that Ron Paul is opposed to an MLK Holiday usually point to his vote on the earlier HR 578.  The purpose of this vote was “TO SUSPEND THE RULES AND PASS H.R. 5461, DESIGNATING THE BIRTHDAY OF MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. A LEGAL PUBLIC HOLIDAY. “
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h1979-578

Let’s think about this for a few minutes.  Ron Paul voted Aye on one bill and Nay on the other.  I hope that most of us would agree that, if he had actually been opposed to the holiday, he would have voted against it both times

Conclusion:
Therefore, Ron Paul was not opposed to a holiday for MLK.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:37:59 pm »

Thanks for setting the records straight.

Now those playing the race-card will have to find a REAL reason to hate Ron Paul.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:14:19 pm by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:42:37 pm »

I don't hate the man, I just think he's irrelevant. Just like Nader was.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »

I hope that Barack Obama gets re-elected, I think he's done a great job!  Sure, the economy could be better but look at the mess he got from George W. Bush.  Hard for anyone to clear that up right away. 

Obama in 2012!
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:57:00 pm »

Hi Volitzer!
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 04:20:16 pm »

Hi Michelle !!!!

Yes Bush really did screw up the economy....

Obama is not making anything better except in the crony-capitalism realm.

The Obama Deception

Even black-America is cathing on that he is a Bilderberg plant.

If Obama really wanted to help the middle class, he would have had the banks make loans to those holding the 12 million patents at the US Patent office and revitalize the US economy for all the jobs lost under Clinton and Bush.  It never happened.  I mean there was $27-$28 trillion for banks but nothing for new industries.  Yes he helped out the auto industries, however moving production to Brazil isn't going to help the average American.
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 12:23:38 am »

HI Volitzer, how have you been? 
This is a much better video on Obama, hope you vote for him if Ron Paul doesn't get in there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2POembdArVo&feature=youtu.be

The Road We've Traveled
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:05:38 pm »

I will not vote for any Globalist no matter which party they run in.

To me a Globalist should have just as long a political career as a klansman politician.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 01:43:28 pm »

Vol,

I agree with Michelle.  Since Ron Paul is basically kaput, you need to seriously consider voting for President Barack Obama.  He's unquestionably the best choice for 2012 and deserves a second term.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 02:56:56 pm »

Sorry but I will not take political suggestions from those who praise Obama but cannot tell us their personal economic status here.  I mean if Obama has put you and Krista ahead economically in some kind of production job then by all means let's hear it.  I mean after the failed banker bailouts and the Solyndra fiasco please tell me of Obama's success in your own personal lives that don't include medical or governmental work as these jobs are all government subsidized.

There are far more people worse off now than they were 4 years ago.  I see it everyday.
Report Spam   Logged
Michelle Sandberg
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 11:52:07 pm »

Tom is right!  You need to vote for Obama, Volitzer, as only he is for the middle class. I don't know how a person as rich as Romney can even relate to the middle class. One day on the campaign trail, he even had the nerve to say that "corporations were people."  Well corporations can't get sick and die, marry or get divorced, etc.. and they are only about gathering more money, not raising families.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: