Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:48:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Our Annual Halloween Festival

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Annual Halloween Festival  (Read 1301 times)
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: August 26, 2007, 08:05:36 am »

Hello all,

At the end of the month, we shall commence our third Annual Halloween festival.  For those unfamiliar with our past work, the festival usually begins at the end of August, lasts two months, and ends on November 2.

We tend to like Halloween a great deal around here, so much so that the celebration simply can't be crammed into a single day, it needs two months.

How do we celebrate it, you may ask?  We engage in the study of all things supernatural, be they matters of folklore, horror movies, mythology, horror literature, and, of course, monsters.

Anyone is entitled to join in, provided they pick a subject in keeping with the mood. 

Several have been started already here, the ones that first come to mind being Unknown's "Frankenstein" topic and Carolyn's "Vampires" topic, Jean has a topic on "Werewolves" as well.

All these can be found in our "Supernatural" section.

Enjoy the harvest, people, it is often the strangest time of the year.

Karen
Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:06:17 am »

Oh, and "boo."
Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 01:01:20 pm »

Awesome Aphrodite

I can't wait... I will have some new stories for Halloween, I promise.

Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:46:22 am »

I'll take sea serpents & the Loch Ness monster, I already started stuff on them.

I also think we should each do a horror movie , too, I see Stacy did King Kong...
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 03:34:29 pm »

Hi Jennifer

If we each do a movie, I want, "The Creature from the black Lagoon." It was always one of my favorites... I don't know why.
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 10:53:06 am »

I'll take sea serpents & the Loch Ness monster, I already started stuff on them.

I also think we should each do a horror movie , too, I see Stacy did King Kong...

Well, I didn't literally "do"KingKong, that would be impossible, but I guess I know what you mean.
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 10:05:08 pm »

Ha Ha, good one Stacy
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 10:41:42 pm »

I want "Swamp Thing".... I mean I really WANT him!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:33:56 pm »

I'll do some alien movies, maybe War of the Worlds?
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 03:16:30 pm »

I have no idea what to do yet, but I am sure I'll come up with something.

Loved your King Kong stuff, Stacy...
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 08:44:14 pm »

Hey Rocki

I saw your Swamp Thing thread; I used to have the original comic he premiered in...
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 10:36:46 pm »

He is so wonderful!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 11:29:47 pm »

I have dibs on the monster, "the Golem" (though, I imagine few would want him).  We must pay heed to German expressionism in films, which, of course, was instrumental in influencing the Universal monsters. 

Sarah
Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:40 am »

I have dibs on the Phantom of the Opera, the most romantic monster unafflicted with vampirism!
Report Spam   Logged
Zodiac
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 10:37:21 pm »

Hey!  I'll do gaint monster movies and some of the Lovecraft movie stuff!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: