Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:09:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thracians

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thracians  (Read 4381 times)
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 12:15:57 pm »

From a blog....

Thursday, January 20, 2005
The Rock Womb at Nenkovo

While I'm searching some books to support my claim that the Greek or Roman sources speak about Thracians as "wild, illiterate, skilled in wars Barbarians", let me continue with another interesting find from the same area - Eastern Rhodopes.

The Rock Womb at Nenkovo is amazing structure in a high mountain, in a wild, rocky area above the Borovitsa Chalet, some 14 miles from Kurdzali. Here we see again a link to the Goddess cult, practiced in this area. To quote some excerpts:

A surprise awaits the visitor at the very entrance as one realizes that it is shaped like the opening to a ****. It leads into a 65 Ft cave, and expert analysis has shown that the original karstic cavern had only been 48 Ft deep. Undoubtedly, a human hand shaped it into a place of conception constantly washed by water seeping through the walls. At the deep far end of the cave, a carved altar symbolizes the womb itself. The real surprise, however, comes at midday: as the sun approaches its highest point in the sky, its light seeps into the cave through a special opening in the ceiling and projects a perfectly recognizable representation of a phallus onto the floor. As the sun progresses further, and the light slants across the interior of the cave, the phallus grows longer, reaching out to the womb altar. Only during some months of the year, however, January and February, when the sun is lowest on the horizon, the phallus becomes long enough to reach the altar and symbolically fecundate the womb.

The meaning of these orgies is archetypical. According to the Indo-Iranian tradition, the King died and was reborn again as a manifestation of the natural cosmic cycle. To do this, he had to climb high in the mountain and slaughter a sacrificial animal or another human, enacting his own death. He then entered into symbolic matrimony with the Mother Goddess, fecundated her and was thereby reborn. This is the ancient myth of the Lover Son, born by the Mother Goddess, who returns to her womb by the act of copulation.

Many details of the extinct Orphic rite apparently survived in the rather fantastic beliefs of some remote communities in the Strandzha Mountain. According to them, St. Marina lived in a cave with a stream pouring into it, which popular imagination likened to male fecundating fluid pouring into a womb. Marina was herself conceived after her mother had prayed to the Sun. Once a year, young unmarried men and women gather in the local caves to take part in the sacrament of conception. The parallel with Herodotus' account is obvious. (It was he who denounced the sexual wantonness of the Thracian ritual in the cave temple on Samothrace.)

I saw myself this place. And can assure you - it's for real and very impressive. I can not "trace" in the time the Herodotus' account. But I already know that sometimes the "official" history "mixes" the real places and events

(Interesting, yes?)

http://historyfromthecloset.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:17:45 pm by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Boreas

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:47 pm »

Thracian chariot revealed:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080807/ap_on_re_eu/bulgaria_ancient_chariot
Report Spam   Logged

Gens Una Sumus
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: