Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:19:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

HARUSPICY

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HARUSPICY  (Read 910 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: August 23, 2007, 04:45:41 pm »

Part II

i. Part II of the Procedure is not to be performed by all, as it requires greater Skill and Experience on the part of the Haruspex.

ii. Say "VERS RACHTI!" [Prepare the Fire!], and light the Flame.

iii. Heat the Vessel until the Water just begins to boil; remove it from the Flame.

iv. Intone a Prayer such as this:

"I beseech You, TURMS, Hermes, Trismegistus, Argephontes, Diactoros, Mercurius, Thoth, Lord of Holy Words, Opener of the World Egg, Djehuti, The Elder, Taaut, or whatever other name it pleases You to be called, fly to me, touch me with Your Caduceus [wand] and inspire me with the True Will of the Gods! I seek to know (say the Question). I pray that you show me the Images and Forms, for which I offer this Egg. TURMS HATHRTHI! THUI MUR TEVC SRENARTN! [Be kind Hermes! Stay here and show the Images!]"

v. Tilt the Patera so that the Egg slides into the Water, saying:

"TURMS THUNZ: SUTH! TURMS ESLZ: ZICH! TURMS CIZ: MINI TES!" [Hermes once: stay! Hermes twice: write! Hermes thrice: help me!]

vi. The Album will arrange itself into significant Forms and Shapes. The Haruspex must observe the Album in all ways, looking for Forms and Images that are relevant to the Question.

vii. In general, parts of the Album that float are connected with the Sky and the Sky Gods; those that sink are connected with the Earth and the Earth Gods.

viii. Be especially observant of any Letters or other Characters that appear in the Sky.

ix. Beyond this little can be said on Interpretation; practice is required; invoke TURMS and APLU for aid.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: