Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:28:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

HARUSPICY

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HARUSPICY  (Read 911 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: August 23, 2007, 04:29:07 pm »

The Sacrifice

i. Say "TULAR EISNA SATH!" [Make the Divine Boundaries!] and carry the Egg and the Water in a Circle around the Altar, thus delimiting the Sacred from the Profane. Say "TA SACNI!" [This is the Sanctuary!]

ii. Say "AC EISI NERICN VACL!" [Offer the Water as a Libation for the Gods!] and pour out some of the Water to wash the Celebrants' hands.

iii. The Haruspex faces South, stretches out his hands, and in a loud voice implores the Gods to give Omen, with an invocation such as this:

"APLU! Phoebos! Apollo! Delian! Pythian! Lord of Delphi! Guardian of the Sibyls! Or by whatever other name You wish to be called, I pray and beseech You that You may by Your majesty be propitious and well-disposed to me, for which I offer this Egg. If I have worshiped You and still do worship You, You who taught Mankind the Art of Prophecy, You who have inspired my Divination, then come now and show Your Signs that I might know the Will of the Gods! I seek to know (say the Question) THUI SRENAR TEV! [Show Signs, here, now!]."

[APLU is the Etruscan name of the god of prophecy; you may of course call him by other names, Apollo, Hobal, Shamash, Horus, Mont (Menthu), etc.]

iv. The Assistant (if there be one) says, "FLERCHVA RATUM TUR!" ["Carry out the sacrifice according to the Law!"]

v. The Haruspex uncovers the Knife, with a single blow cracks the Egg, and then carefully opens and empties it onto the Patera. If the Yolk breaks, it is a Vitium and the Haruspex must begin again.

vi. The dedication is completed by all Celebrants saying: "IKAN NETSVIS ALPNU APLUS TURUCE." ["The Haruspex has given this as a gift to APLU."]
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: