Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:15:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mysterious Southwestern Lights Spur UFO Talk

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mysterious Southwestern Lights Spur UFO Talk  (Read 122 times)
Kristin Moore
Superhero Member

« on: October 02, 2011, 10:44:30 pm »

Lee Speigel lee.speigel@huffingtonpost.com

Mysterious Southwestern Lights Spur UFO Talk

First Posted: 9/16/11 01:36 PM ET Updated: 9/16/11 02:00 PM ET

Whatever it was that streaked from west to east through the sky Wednesday night over several southwest states still has people wondering if it was a meteor, fireball, space debris or, you guessed it, a UFO.

Keep in mind that UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, so by definition, it is, for now at least, a UFO. From Southern California to Arizona and Nevada, eyewitnesses reported a series of green-blue and yellowish lights.

Astronomer Edwin Krupp, director of the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, told The Huffington Post the object was most likely a meteor.

"Nobody's got a clue exactly how big this object was, but it's got to be something you could hold in your hand," Krupp said. "It can be anywhere from a pebble to a rock to a football -- it's a very small object."
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kristin Moore
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:45:30 pm »

WATCH A SHORT VIDEO OF THE METEOR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MFvq4kJfmo&feature=player_embedded#t=0s
Report Spam   Logged
Kristin Moore
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:25 pm »

The general description of the object received by news outlets and police departments during the early evening was of a green and orange falling object with a tail behind it.

Krupp explains that eyewitnesses find it hard to believe when they learn the "UFO" they just saw was actually quite small.

"What often confuses people when you say that is they start thinking, 'Wait a minute. If this is a very tiny object, how come I can see it?' Of course, they're not seeing it -- they're seeing the super-heated air, which is a huge column of air that could be miles in diameter.

"Once I heard that the reports were coming in from Arizona and Nevada, I knew this was not a local event at all. To see something over that wide an area, you know that it's happening at a high altitude," Krupp added.

Curiously, in the television news reports of the streaking meteor, one video shows something that doesn't look to be a falling star or piece of space debris. It depicts a couple of lit objects over Glendora, Calif., that seem to slowly move back and forth in the sky -- not exactly typical meteor behavior.

Could these have been other types of unexplainable objects?

"Certainly, it's correct to say that most people are not used to looking at the sky, not used to evaluating either brightness, distance or angular size in the sky, and therefore, have a very good chance of misidentifying objects or effects in the sky," said Krupp. "There are all kinds of explanations for UFOs, and the least likely is that they're spacecraft from another world.

"There are sometimes odd lights seen in the sky that elude identification, because we don't have enough information to pin them down."
Report Spam   Logged
Kristin Moore
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:47:23 pm »

Melinda Kabat
66 Fans
07:26 PM on 9/17/2011
I've seen some pretty strange objects. Where we live is very dark, and can see the milky way. Hubby and I both witnesses UFO's on 2 occasions. 1st time...was dozens of "bubbles" in the sky, surrounded by black "smoke," that disappeare­d into thin air. 2nd time...2 bright blue lights, w/ obvious intelligen­t control, zipped across the sky in a matter of seconds, and were at a low altitude, in front of a helicopter­. Other times I have stationary "stars" all of a sudden move at crazy speeds across the sky.

Now, I can't say for certain what I saw was piloted by "extra-ter­restrials,­" but that is my hypothesis­. I don't know if this was a meteor or something else...the witnesses surely know better than us what they saw. I saw a fireball meteor before and it looked nothing like this. It was red, like a "ball of fire" would appear. This object was blue first then green, switching colors, and it almost appeared to change it's trajectory at one point.
Report Spam   Logged
Kristin Moore
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:47:45 pm »

lavisiter
21 Fans
03:46 PM on 9/17/2011
MY first hand report: I came within 20 feet of this or maybe its equivalent­. BUT it was Tuesday, NOT Wednesday when all the phone reports came in.

I was driving along Highway 64 - it was already dark....su­ddenly what looked (like this) except it was an orange "smaller" ball with a long white/oran­ge tail. It appeared suddenly from East and literally shot past my car to the right and within 20 feet from the ground - and maybe 20 feet out from the outer edge of the highway. It was very fast but it shot down to the level of my car and whizzed right past WITHOUT crashing? And it was Tuesday night. It was extraordin­ary and but for twenty feet - it would have hit my car and I would have been blasted off the planet. I personally don't think a meteor would come out of nowhere that low and then just fly off? .....but it also didn't seem large enough for what I would think would be a UFO.....AN­D many people out on the MESA have been having cell phone connection problems for the first time in the last several weeks.....­. I'd like to know what is going on!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: