Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:06:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hellraiser Remake Is Stalling Again

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hellraiser Remake Is Stalling Again  (Read 76 times)
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:52 pm »

Hellraiser Remake Is Stalling Again
Source: Shock Till You Drop
September 7, 2011

The sweet suffering that only Pinhead and his fellow cenobites can dish out may not be felt on the big screen right away.

Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry), the duo attached to revive Hellraiser on the big screen for Dimension Films, attending the Los Angeles signing event for Still Screaming last night. And when pressed for details about their Hellraiser remake, both were telling fans that it was looking unlikely that it was going to happen with them involved. This update comes after Farmer and Lussier drafted a number of scripts that presented different takes on the latest Pinhead outing.

So, this means Hellraiser is, once again, on hold until Dimension sorts out what it wants to do with the series creatively.

A direct-to-DVD sequel Hellraiser: Revelations is arriving this fall - a production that was reportedly cranked out just so the studio could hold on to the rights. And it appears they were smart in buying themselves time to develop the property longer.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=20823&_r=true
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 05:36:54 pm »

You know, with all the trouble they have been having in getting this remake made, it just might be a sign that the project should be left alone. In other words...NO MORE REMAKES!
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 05:39:13 pm »

Hellraiser: Revelations
Download

Release Date: September 2, 2011 (limited); October 18, 2011 (DVD)
Studio: Dimension Films
Director: Victor Garcia
Screenwriter: Gary J. Tunnicliffe
Starring: Nick Eversman, Steven Brand, Tracey Fairaway, Jay Gillespie, Sanny Van Heteren, Daniel Buran, Devon Sorvari
Genre: Horror
MPAA Rating: R (for bloody horror violence, grisly images, sexual content and language)
Official Website: Not Available
Review: 3/10 rating
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: One-Sheet
Production Stills: View here

Plot Summary: Pinhead is back and in his chamber of soulless delights, he thought he had two willing participants in Steven and Nico. But Nico wants out and decides that a member of Steven's family will serve as proper barter.

Trailer (8.19.11):
Flash Player

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=20580

Deleted Scene (8.29.11):
Flash Player
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=20693

Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 05:40:50 pm »

I have to say the thing that bothers me the most is that Doug Bradley is not playing Pinhead. That's the same reason I didn't like the remake of Nightmare On Elm Street. Robert Englund will always be Freddy Krueger in my eyes. The say goes for Doug Bradley as Pinhead, Brad Dourif as Chucky, & Tony Todd as The Candyman. I hate when only 1 person has played one of these characters and Hollywood decides to insult that particular movie franchise by re-casting or rebooting the franchise.
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Janusiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:41:53 pm »

I have seen the other hellraisers, i liked them. But when will people learn not to open that box. Then they try to run when the demons come out, and pinhead comes out. I mean the box wasn't there a minute ago and its there now. If it was me i would let it sit there.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: