Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:25:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Gammera the Invincible

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gammera the Invincible  (Read 234 times)
Hangman

« on: September 05, 2011, 05:51:23 pm »

Gammera the Invincible

http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=RzZow6kSjXc

One of the most fearsome of the Japanese monsters to hit the screen in the early 60's makes his debut in sci-fi thriller. As tensions between America and the Soviet Union rise to a fever pitch, U.S. troops shoot down a Russian bomber which is flying low in an Arctoc region. The bomber crashes, and its payload of hydrogen bombs explode upon impact. The blast releases and awakens Gamera, a gigantic fire-breathing turtle which had been frozen
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sumai4444

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:05:52 pm »

Personally i have always loved the concept of nuclear radiation, directly connected to a giant reptile or monster, that awakens, or is created. Very similar to the creature garuda thought to be born of an ancient radiation from ancient nuclear weapons far in earth's past, (called the evil wind), or the fact no matter what culture you study, there are always reptile beasts that often breath fire.
Report Spam   Logged
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:15:38 pm »

I love the old nuclear powered created monsters, too, but Gamera, the jet powered turtle always seemed a bit lame to me.

What culture did garuda come from?
Report Spam   Logged
Sumai4444

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:20:19 pm »

Garuda is a Hindu god, or mythical beast, depending on who you ask. He was said to roar through the sky, surrounded by fire, and his feathers where made of gleaming metal that no arrow or blade could pierce. (Rocket ship maybe?) Garuda needed to eat snakes to survive(If you look at a modern airplane, it looks like, in the eyes of a primitive person, a great beast eating snakes.) Garuda is the basis for alot off theorists who say ancient gods are based on Extraterrestrial intervention to ancient cultures. Especially in a culture that details in great expanses in their most sacred texts, a form of flying saucer.
Report Spam   Logged
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:43:02 pm »

Damn if that doesn't sound like a rocket ship. I don't get the whole eating snakes part, but everything else sounds spaceship related!  I wonder what the Aztecs were doing shooting at this thing if they thought it was one of their gods?
Report Spam   Logged
Sumai4444

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 07:56:21 pm »

Actually the Hindus were eastern Indian, and the Aztecs came along later in South America, but they too had ideas of winged serpent gods, could probably talk about Garuda being part of a war, with more than one side,where gods and humans fought together maybe? Those who werent incinerated instantly by the blinding flash of ight called the evil wind, received painful boils, and hair and teeth fell out? Sound sliek radiation to me! And the Japanese come up with awesome movies that have all these elements, love it!
Report Spam   Logged
Demon Queen
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 08:30:41 pm »

Good call, the Garuda as national symbol of Thailand and was considered King of Birds. I take it the ancient atomic war you are talking about refers to the one from 10,000 bc?
Report Spam   Logged
Sumai4444

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 09:55:51 pm »

That would be the one Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Sumai4444

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 11:33:34 am »

I'd also like to share that Plato's account of Atlantis was second hand account from ancient Egyptian lore meaning he modernized it to entertain his contemporaries and all the technology of this age eerily parallels much of Atlantis. What if it was a nuclear explosion, or "evil wind" that literally blew Atlantis off the face of the planet? More cross referenciing puts the naming diety as Atlas who is literally described as holding up a world everyone assumes is earth. But there is some specultiom according to he myths atlas is bsed on it was an artificial world that the Atlantians came from hence the naming for some. Niburu perhaps? Another eerie connction to Anunnaki and Atlantis if it can be shown to be relevant.       
Report Spam   Logged
Sumai4444

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 11:56:38 am »

But now we have come full circle people. Atlas literally represents the world any way you look at it. To this day the composite of all worlds maps is now called the  World Atlas! Let us also remember in the ancient times Atlantis supposedly lived the edges of the map depicted giant serpents or sea monsters on the edge of the world. Some say randomly others say s guardians if the gods to keeep man from entering their realm or knowing their secrets. Every culture seems to have a sinking continent or city of technological or magical wonders. But how do you describe outerspace and a crashing ship or city? You don't, they just pass on the story to their generations as a sinking continent or city. And almost always there arelizard men or lizard monsters described. So deeply is this ingrained into us as humans the ages have had storie and myths  even until today with the Japanese mega monsters! So with ideas of aliens is it so hard to believe giant lizards with jetpacks?
Report Spam   Logged
Sumai4444

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 11:36:28 am »

Was just watching a special on History channel that verifyed the heiroglyphics of Atlantis in Egypt clearly denote it sudden disapearance twelve thousand years ago. That puts it eerily near the nuclear wars of about 10,000 BCE! So Atlantis is in the same age and the hyroglyphics depict gods or aliens eerily paralelling Anunnaki. But these findings put Alantis in the age of the nuclear wars. Not necessarily part of the war or it's demise. But the same type of gods or aliens are in India,according to the Hidu Veda, and part of the same war. The Veda is written in sanskrit, the language Sumeria invented claiming taught to them by the Anunnaki. This is the most direct evidence of the Anunakki to Atlantis. This may help anyone with question in the Anunnaki section of the forum who had questions to the connection to Atlantis. 
Report Spam   Logged
Demon Queen
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 12:30:26 am »

I'm not really sure that makes your case, Sumai4444. To say that the Veda came from the Sumerians or the Anunakki still doesn't solve the problem that Plato says that Atlantis came from the Atlantic while the Veda were in India. I think we are talking about two separate cultures here.

What history channel doc did you watch and did it specifically say that the hieroglyphs mention Atlantis?  If so, I'd like to know what temple they were in to read more about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Sumai4444

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 10:26:33 am »

Right you missed the part that a. Plato told the story of Atlantis AFTER being told about it by the Egyptians, and b. Atlantis is believed to be from about 12k years ago. I'm on a quest to find that doc for you!
Report Spam   Logged
Demon Queen
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 12:29:41 am »

Well, the Egyptians did tell it to Plato, but if you read Timaeus and Critias, it actually explains that Atlantis came from the Atlantic and controlled the Med all the way up to Tyrhennia in the north (Italy) and Libya in the south.  It is also inferred that the Egyptians were enslaved by the Atlanteans. Can't remember India ever coming that far into the Med to make war there, so it had to be two different cultures.
Report Spam   Logged
Annunaki

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 12:32:20 am »

Great series, Gammera, I think I liked Ghidrah and Godzilla better, though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: