Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:20:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Art for Art's sake not, for Pete's Sake

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art for Art's sake not, for Pete's Sake  (Read 12169 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2007, 01:58:49 am »

Thanks Heather

I'll check it out!
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Heather Delaria
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2007, 01:01:04 am »

Anymore art to show?
Report Spam   Logged

"An it harm none, do what ye will."
-the Wiccan Rede
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2007, 03:02:39 am »

Sure...

I got lots...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 04:01:24 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2007, 12:51:30 am »

Do you ever draw from live models, Unknown?  I had an art class last semester and we did that a lot - hard to get used to at first.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2007, 12:57:42 am »

I had that life drawing class too.

It was funny because most of the peoples favorite model was this very overweight older women, not healthy young women or man.

I always thought it was because with the overweight model you didn't need to get the perspective or porportions just right, actually I gave away a lot of those pics to the models...because they asked for them.

I have done a few live portraits for friends.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:01:31 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2007, 01:10:09 am »

The hardest part for me was that they didn't sit still!

It was also a little bit disarming at first. The models I drew from were posing **** and I wasn't used to seeing that. 

Boy, was I not used to seeing that.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2007, 01:14:29 am »

I hear yah

Its one thing to see someone **** in private and quite another in public. It didn't bother me after the first night, how about you? What are you going to school for?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:21:59 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2007, 01:42:09 am »

I'm one of those people who have yet to pick a major. Ideally, I'd like to get involved with archaeological digs, but you really can't major in archaeology.  So, I just try and take a lot of ancient history classes and see where I can go from there.

It definitely bothered me most of the time I was drawing from a life model, mostly cause they kept changing the model!  It was really hard to get used to, I definitely couldn't model like that.

Report Spam   Logged

unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2007, 01:51:28 am »

You'll find something...
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2007, 01:55:58 am »

I'm one of those people who have yet to pick a major. Ideally, I'd like to get involved with archaeological digs, but you really can't major in archaeology.  So, I just try and take a lot of ancient history classes and see where I can go from there.

It definitely bothered me most of the time I was drawing from a life model, mostly cause they kept changing the model!  It was really hard to get used to, I definitely couldn't model like that.

Gee, how prissy.  I have modelled lots of times.  It's kind of fun to let people see you.
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2007, 05:46:14 pm »

I don't why this is compressed so bad, darn
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:23:17 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2007, 12:48:40 am »

Oil painting or acryllic?
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2007, 01:17:43 am »

Hi Carolyn

I painted this with my mouse, in Corel photo-paint. I got her teeth to far apart, rats
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2007, 01:45:34 am »

Looks fine to me!

Corel Photo-paint??  The things you can do with a computer these days!  Does anyone ever draw anything by hand anymore?
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2007, 03:00:33 am »

Its still done by hand honey, here a little of the old fashion.
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: