Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:36:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Art for Art's sake not, for Pete's Sake

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art for Art's sake not, for Pete's Sake  (Read 12206 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 12:00:45 am »

Ah Faith, you little devil you
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 12:02:42 am »

I think thats it... for Buffy Pics

I should do Spike or Angel to even things out a little

Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 12:31:42 am »

Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Zodiac
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 12:35:03 am »

Great art there, Unknown!  I can see all sorts of comic book influences in it - Frazetta, Jim Starlin, Paul Gulcacy!

I used to want to be a comic book artist myself and would go to all the conventions.  Did you ever try to get hired by Marvel or DC?
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 12:43:29 am »

Does this remind anyone of anything... Atlantis maybe?

No kiddin Zodiac! you wanted to draw comics too

No I never did try, did you ever see that book "How to Draw Comics" by Stan Lee And John Buscemi

wow it was great. They had a big Marvel Tryout Book with real Comic board with crop marks and everything, but I chicken out and never even drew anything in it.  I started to draw some of my stories but I just never finished them
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:45:01 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 12:53:23 am »

This really doesn't do this picture justice
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Zodiac
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 12:56:36 am »

Gorgeous painting!

Yeah, I have both books. The "How to" book was what taught me about perspective.  Very valuable!  I am more of a penciller, than an inker, though. I'm pretty quick, too, I love the whole storytelling element you get with comics.  I submitted my work to Marvel and DC years ago (back before I was any good) and assume it ended up in the sludge pile.

These days, the art in comics is so crappy I'm not even interested in getting into it.  All tired old Manganese stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 01:00:02 am »

Purple Haze All in my Brain, wouldn't this make a cool black light poster?

I know what you mean that Spawn guy whats his name? Todd McFarlin he ruined everything. I can't stand the new paper either the old stuff was way better
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 01:02:48 am »

I wanted to be a penciler too, my biggest problem was perspective.

This is Guild wars thing you kinda had to play it to get the jokes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:12:22 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Zodiac
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 01:16:28 am »

I love your version of Faith, man is she hot!  You can really do likenesses well.

I didn't mind MacFarlane so much as all the crap that came after - all maganese crap.  Comes from Japan.  Cheap, junky, hurried stuff that doesn't know how to set a mood and doesn't even try to be realistic.  And they are doing all the books the same way!

We went from Neal Adams to junk.
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 01:51:27 am »

I think McFarlin opened the door hes the first one that really broke the traditional comic panel format. Every once in a while people will pick up comics for me to read but It is just not the same.

My favorite comic artists are john Bryne and John Buscema those guys new what they were doing not only were they fantastic artists but they knew how to tell a story with pictures.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:29:05 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 06:30:20 am »

Wow.  You are one excellent artist, Unknown.  Are those paintings of Buffy and company or photos?  I hope that making art is part of what you do for a living.
Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 11:07:59 am »

The Buffy ones I used on average about 3 photos they are composites, I used to work as an illustrator
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 11:21:05 am »

This one is a pencil drawing of a Boris Painting
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 06:51:45 pm »

Great work, Unknown, the last one did remind be of Boris, I like the ability to switch styles. I used to draw myself.  Have you ever heard of a guy named Mke Deodato?  Really good at drawing women.  He was one of my influences, he did Wonder Woman back in the 1990's.

I also used to be really into that comic book, "Lady Death."  Ever see it?
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: