Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 06:34:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Art for Art's sake not, for Pete's Sake

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Art for Art's sake not, for Pete's Sake  (Read 12020 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« on: February 17, 2007, 10:04:23 pm »

Well I guess I will have to be the first to break the ice here, this is a little pen and ink thing I did a few years back enjoy

Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 10:10:42 pm »

This is a tiny little sketch its blown way up here. I made it a long time ago I don't know why I kept it around so long. Cept I keep trying to paint it but it always looses its power

Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 10:14:26 pm »

Great work, Unknown!  You have, every bit, the soul of the artist.  Have you ever tried illustrating your own stories and poems?
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 10:20:22 pm »

Thanks Brooke

That means a lot to me, you just can't know how much, I was always being discouraged from becoming an artist. I wanted to draw comic books it was all I ever really wanted.

I will probably do illustrations for whatever stories I write, I was an illustrator for a national magazine for a couple of years. The Parish Editor it was a big catholic Publishing house, well not so big.
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:21:16 pm »

These are really getting squished, I thought there might be some people here that would enjoy a Buffy power Pic

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:36:00 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 10:47:08 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 10:57:55 pm »

This is part of tarot deck I was desiging based on Greek "Mythology" and of coarse the Kabbalah, which I never finished to my everlasting shame. I would rather use the term religion than mythology but then no one would know what I was talking.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:27:52 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 11:11:56 pm »

I told you not to rip the tags of the matresses Rocky, OHHH Adriene
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 11:25:48 pm »

Cool stuff, Unknown.  I used to watch Buffy all the time.

So what sort of illustrations did you do for the Catholic publishing house?
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 11:33:39 pm »

Ever heard of the liturgy? well its the weekly sermon, so I would do that scene from the bible, Also other holiday stuff 4th of July, Mothers Day etc. Sometimes covers Like a portrait of Jesus that kind of stuff
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:41:25 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 11:39:22 pm »

Heres a little sketch I did with a felt marker at work one night, real, real, late at night
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:46:49 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 11:48:45 pm »

I got more buffy pics if you would like to see them Jennifer?
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 11:51:28 pm »

Sure, how many you got?

I've heard of the liturgy, but don't know much about it, I'm not a very religious person...
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 11:53:49 pm »

Not to many I'll dig some up for you

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:55:36 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 11:58:57 pm »

Hope springs eternal...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:08:28 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: