Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 10:49:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

'The Avengers' D23 Panel, Clips Reveal Major Details

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'The Avengers' D23 Panel, Clips Reveal Major Details  (Read 757 times)
Flash
Superhero Member

« on: August 21, 2011, 06:01:37 pm »

'The Avengers' D23 Panel, Clips Reveal Major Details

Posted: 8/21/11 10:49 AM ET

The Avengers assembled in Anaheim on Saturday to save the world from the painful dearth of details about their upcoming epic film.

A star-studded cast consisting of Robert Downey, Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow), Cobie Smulders (S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Maria Hill) and Tom Hiddleston (the evil Loki) participated in a panel discussion about the Joss Whedon-directed Marvel superhero teamup, and presented footage that debuted two brand new action scenes.

A number of outlets on hand summed up the scenes, which also featured Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Chris Evans (Captain America) and Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), all of whom were not in attendance.

Here's an excerpt of the much longer summary provided by Cinema Blend:

The footage begins with Loki entering a big round cage with glass walls. Behind him doors with pneumatic locks seal behind him and we see Nick Fury walking over to a control panel. Fury says, "In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass..." Fury presses a button and a huge hole opens beneath the cell. Inside the hole you can see dark clouds and lightning - they are in the helicarrier. Nick Fury continues "that's 30,000 feet straight down a stainless steel tube." Never changing expression, Loki compliments Fury on his jail, calling it "an impressive cage" and recognizing that it wasn't built for him... Fury responds that it's built for something a lot stronger. Loki understands, saying "a mindless beast makes play he's still a man," referring to Hulk.

Entertainment Weekly also gives a solid play-by-play of both scenes, which you can read by clicking here. While the video isn't online, you can check out the teaser trailer from the film released earlier this summer by clicking here.

Johansson described to the audience the first day on set in which all the stars wore their respective hero outfits, calling it "take your kids to work day." Everyone brought their significant others and children, with cameras capturing the historic day.

The stars of the film also spoke to the media behind the scenes, and, amongst the questions asked, The Hollywood Reporter quizzed Renner and Johansson about their experiences both training for, and carrying out, the various action and fighting scenes in the film.

While Renner made a laundry list of different techniques and skills he had to learn, including archery and stretching, Johansson was frank about the impact it all had on her body.

"We're still broken," she said. "I'll be rehabbing these injuries for years."

The film is due out May 4th, 2012.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:55:41 pm by Flash » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »

'Avengers': Captain America, Thor Fight In Fan Footage (VIDEO)

First Posted: 8/19/11 04:09 PM ET Updated: 8/19/11 04:34 PM ET

swooped in to save the day -- and make major box office cash -- this summer, and now, Captain America and Thor are teaming up.

Following their successful big screen launches, the two heroes will feature in the Marvel comics teamup next summer, Joss Whedon's massive "Avengers" flick. Played by Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth, respectively, they join up with Robert Downey, Jr.'s Iron Man, Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, Mark Ruffalo's Incredible Hulk, Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to form the greatest -- and star-studded -- superhero squad in film history.

Shooting in locations throughout the country, the cast is currently in Cleveland, where they're wreaking havoc on the city's streets and putting together some major action scenes. A fan caught some of the fight scenes on a hand-held camera, and posted some semi-spoiler footage, which can be seen below. Also check out the teaser trailer that came at the end of "Captain America" last month by clicking here.

WATCH:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/avengers-captain-america-avengers_n_931715.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:56:50 pm by Flash » Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 06:05:21 pm »

'The Avengers' Trailer Teaser: Partial Footage Posted With 'Captain America' (VIDEO)

First Posted: 7/29/11 04:41 AM ET Updated: 7/30/11 08:03 AM ET

It's not often that a film is nearly as notable for what happens during the credits as the two hours of action that precedes them, but when you're teasing the biggest superhero epic of all time, the excitement is justified.

A well-reviewed film and the current box office weekly champ in its own right, "Captain America" included a tease of the next chapter of the Marvel Comics movie universe, the massive hero ensemble flick, "The Avengers." Set for a 2012 release, the film, directed by "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Firefly" creator Joss Whedon, brings together the legendary super group, many of whom have already had shining moments on the big screen.

In addition to Chris Evans's Captain America, the film will feature Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Robert Downey, Jr.'s Iron Man, Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye, Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, Mark Ruffalo's Incredible Hulk and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow. Currently filming in New Mexico, it will take into account previous big screen story lines for the appropriate heroes, and, in addition to creating its own massive adventure, will launch each independent property into either sequels or brand new franchises.

Known for his ability to capture an authentic female voice in scripts and mixing a strong emotional core with big action, Whedon spoke about striking that balance in a new interview with io9.com.

"Although there is a lot of angst and a lot of human drama — which are the reasons you go to the movie, but you're not supposed to talk about them in an action film," he teased, "there's also a lot of expression of this human drama through hitting each other in the face and blowing up cars, so I think everybody's going to win."

The studio should win, too. Both "Captain America" and "Thor" kicked off their film franchises this summer with box office-winning $65 million opening weekends, while last summer, "Iron Man 2," made $622 million worldwide, including a $128 million domestic first weekend. Put them all together, and the possibilities are endless.

In an interesting move, Marvel released a clip of the very end of "Captain America," and, attached to it, part of the teaser trailer that runs after the credits end. We're treated to new costumes, Thor's self-seriousness and Tony Stark's wise guy sarcasm, making for a brief but juicy tease to kick off a year-long marketing campaign.
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 06:09:14 pm »

The Avengers Teaser Trailer

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:09:49 pm »

The Avengers 2011 2012 Trailer (New)

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:52:41 pm »

Exclusive: Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr. Talk THE AVENGERS at D23
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:August 20th, 2011 at 4:17 pm

At today’s D23 (essentially Disney’s Comic-Con), I got to ask Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr. a few questions about The Avengers before their presentation to the fans.  We talked about if they’d been enjoying their D23 experience, what footage are they showing the fans from The Avengers, and what’s it been like for them as tons of images and video have been leaking from the set and there is so much interest in the project.  Hit the jump for what they had to say.

Finally, I’m going to be posting a lot more video interviews from D23, so make sure to keep checking back.   But for more on The Avengers, here’s Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson, and Cobie Smulders.

Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr.

* How are they enjoying the d23 experience
    * What footage are they showing the fans from The Avengers
    * What’s it been like for them as tons of images and video have been leaking from the set and there is so much interest in the project

http://collider.com/chris-hemsworth-robert-downey-jr-the-avengers-interview/110616/?_r=true

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 10:52:56 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 10:53:14 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 10:54:46 pm »

Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson Talk THE AVENGERS at D23
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:August 20th, 2011 at 4:02 p

At today’s D23 (essentially Disney’s Comic-Con), I got to ask Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson a few questions about The Avengers before their presentation to the fans.  While I had limited time, they talked about how with so many superheroes in the film they had limited screen time, are they looking forward to spinoff films, and are we going to see them fighting on the streets of Cleveland and kicking ass?  Hit the jump for what they had to say.

Finally, I’m going to be posting a lot more video interviews from D23, so keep checking back for new ones.

Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson

* I ask since there are so many super heros in The Avengers, I’d imagine they have limited screen time. Is that a good or a bad thing.
    * 1:08 – Are they looking forward to spinoff films
    * 1:30 – Are we going to see them fighting on the streets of Cleveland and kicking ass?

http://collider.com/jeremy-renner-scarlett-johansson-the-avengers-interview/110607/

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:56 pm »

Exclusive: Tom Hiddleston Talks THE AVENGERS at D23; Says ‘Loki Goes Toe to Toe With Every Superhero’
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:August 20th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Tom Hiddleston THE AVENGERS D23 interview slice

If there was any debate if Loki was the main villain in Marvel’s upcoming Avengers movie, Tom Hiddleston ended it today.  That’s because backstage at D23 (essentially Disney’s Comic-Con), I got to speak with Hiddleston and he told me:

“Loki goes toe to toe with every superhero.  I have had a one on one with Robert Downey Jr. A one on one with Chris Hemsworth.  A one on one with Scarlett.  A one on one with Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Sam Jackson.  And it’s so exciting to see how the different chemistry is.  Not just between the actors.  So my one on one with Robert becomes a battle of wit’s and words.  My one on one with Chris Hemsworth ends up in both of us knocking ten bells (I think that’s what he said) again because that’s how we communicate.  It’s been the most exciting thing I’ve ever done.  It’s giant and will be amazing.”

Hit the jump to watch the interview.  He also tells a great story about the restaurant Chili’s and seeing movies in Albuquerque.

Finally, look for a lot more video interviews from D23 in the coming hours.

Tom Hiddleston

* Talks about how he found the restaurant Chili’s
    * 1:35 – Talks about the Brazilian barbeque in Albuquerque
    * 1:50 – Talks about going to Starbucks and the local movie theaters in Albuquerque while they were filming The Avengers and tell some fun stories about having kids see them and do double takes
    * 2:48 – Is he done shooting The Avengers yet. Says he goes back to Cleveland tomorrow. Reveals he has most of his stuff with Chris Evans next week (Loki vs. Captain America!).
    * 3:10 – Talks about how Loki goes toe to toe in The Avengers with the entire cast.  Says “”Loki goes toe to toe with every superhero.  I have had a one on one with Robert Downey Jr. A one on one with Chris Hemsworth.  A one on one with Scarlett.  A one on one with Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner and Sam Jackson.  And it’s so exciting to see how the different chemistry is.  Not just between the actors.  So my one on one with Robert becomes a battle of wit’s and words.  My one on one with Chris Hemsworth ends up in both of us knocking ten bells (I think that’s what he said) again because that’s how we communicate.  It’s been the most exciting thing I’ve ever done.  It’s giant and will be amazing.”
    * 3:55 – Is he the secret to Woody Allen getting to 50 million domestic on Midnight in Paris

http://collider.com/tom-hiddleston-the-avengers-interview/110590/

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 11:00:12 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »

10 Images from THE AVENGERS! New Captain America Costume!
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:July 28th, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Chris-Evans-Chris-Hemsworth-The-Avengers-movie-image-slice

With Marvel releasing part of The Avengers teaser trailer online (watch it here), I’ve grabbed ten images from the clip and you can check them out after the jump.  While Marvel has been filming The Avengers for awhile now, this is the first time we’ve got a good look at everyone except for some concept art.  It’s also the first time we’re getting a peak at the new Captain America costume.  Also, if you went to Comic-Con, you might notice the background where Mark Ruffalo is standing…

Hit the jump to check out Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johanssen, Mark Ruffalo and Samuel L. Jackson in costume.  I cannot wait to see this next summer.

After you’re done checking out the new images, here’s a really well done fan made teaser poster for The Avengers.  Whoever did it used the concept art and did an excellent job.
Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:24 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:38 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Flash
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »