Atlantis Online
October 25, 2020, 09:17:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Zeta Reticuli

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zeta Reticuli  (Read 2082 times)
Predator
Superhero Member

« on: July 31, 2011, 03:52:20 am »

First, Bode’s Law:

As I stated before if you apply Bode’s law which states:  The semi-major axis of each planet is double that of it’s neighbor nearer to the star.  Or simply each planet is about twice as far from its star as its inner neighbor (i.e. Jupiter is 5.2 AU from the Sun, Saturn is 9.5 AU).  Now if you apply this to the new discovery of a planet around Zeta 2 Reticuli and you assume this planet is the closest to its star this making it the closest planet to Zeta Reticuli 2 (Reticulum 1 we will call it in keeping with Lazar’s naming convention, which, I should add differs from the IAU convention which would name it Zeta 2 Reticulum A - so far).  At 0.14 AU it’s hard to imagine a closer planet to Zeta 2 Reticuli.  For comparison, Mercury is located at 0.387 AU from the Sun so this newly found planet is Reticulum 1 in all likelyhood.  Using Bodes law we can extrapolate where the other planets of Zeta 2 Reticuli should be.

Kepler’s 3rd law relates the planet’s period or year to it’s Semi-Major Axis of it’s orbit.  Mathematically this is expressed as P2 = a3.  “P” is the Period measured in earth years and “a” is the Semi-Major Axis measued in Astronomical units (AU).  Using both of these we can find out the length of the year on each hypothetical planet in the Zeta 2 Reticuli system, INCLUDING Reticulum 4, Bob Lazar’s home of the Greys.

Now let’s apply Bodes Law and Kepler’s 3rd Law:
Planets of the Zeta 2 Reticuli System Planet    Semi-Major Axis    Period
In Days    Period
In Years
Reticulum 1    0.14 AU    18.9 days    0.052 years
Reticulum 2    0.28 AU    54.0 days    0.1481 years
Reticulum 3    0.56 AU    152.9 days    0.4196 years
Reticulum 4    1.12 AU    432.6 days    1.12 years

So one Reticulum 4 year is equal to roughly 1.12 earth years OR 432 days.  And Reticulum 4 is in roughly the same position in Zeta 2 Reticuli’s “life-zone” as the Earth is in the Sun’s “life-zone.”  Zeta 2 Retituli is a G1V spectral class star, the Sun is a G2V.  They are both “G” class main sequence stars, the difference between the “2” and the “1” indicates that Zeta 2 Reticuli is a little hotter than the Sun.  The higher the middle number the lower the temperature.  The “V” means they are both main sequence (middle age) stars but given Zeta 2 Reticuli’s higher temperature, and lower metallicity, it is probably older than the Sun by a couple billion years.  So basically the Sun is a little cooler and younger than Zeta 2 Reticuli.

For comparison here is a breakdown of the inner planets of our own solar system.
Inner Planets of Our Solar System Planet    Semi-Major Axis    Period
In Days    Period
In Years
Mercury    0.387 AU    87.97 days    0.2409 years
Venus    0.723 AU    224.7 days    0.6152 years
Earth    1.000 AU    365.25 days    1.0000 years
Mars    1.524 AU    686.98 days    1.8809 years

So this brings me to my conclusion.  We can check part of Lazar and Jarod 2’s story by asking the simple question:  “How long is a year on Reticulum 4?”  If the answer is anywhere in the neighborhood of 410 to 445 days (I’m allowing a lot for error), then their stock will have gone up even more.  Keep me posted as to what you find out.

Reference:  http://www.mufor.org/zeta2ret.html

Visible Light Spectrum

Return to either “Government Scientist Goes Public” Web Page, “The Physics of Star Trek and Subspace Communication:  Science Fiction or Science Fact?” Web Page, or “The Zeta Reticuli Incident” Web Page.

http://www.gravitywarpdrive.com/Zeta_2_Reticuli.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: