Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 05:16:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

(XI.) HISTORY - Into the Twentieth Century

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (XI.) HISTORY - Into the Twentieth Century  (Read 4742 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 11:35:03 am »

C A R R O L L   R I G H T E R

Carroll Righter (February 2, 1900-April 30, 1988) was known as the "astrologer to the stars." He wrote a syndicated daily advice column for 166 newspapers around the world, and was reputed to be an advisor to Ronald and Nancy Reagan. Righter, who liked to be called the "gregarious Aquarius,' began doing charts for Hollywood notables in 1938 and became a columnist in 1950.

Mr. Righter was mentioned in President Reagan's 1965 autobiography, Where's The Rest Of Me? and according to former White House Chief of Staff Donald T. Regan, Mrs. Reagan turned to astrologers to help determine the president's schedule.[1] Asked specifically whether he believed in astrology, President Reagan said, "I don't guide my life by it" but he added, "I don't know enough about it to say, is there something to it or not...and I don't mean to offend anyone who does believe in it, or engages in it."

When Righter was asked in 1985 if he consulted with Ronald Reagan on astrology, he replied, "No comment."

Mr. Righter claimed he warned Marlene Dietrich to avoid working on a studio set one day because she might get hurt. His advice was not heeded and Dietrich broke an ankle while reaching out to save a falling child. Word of the accident and Mr. Righter's advice led other celebrities to the astrologer's Hollywood doorstep, ensuring his fame. Among those who sought his advice were Arlene Dahl, Rhonda Fleming, Jane Withers, Joan Fontaine and Grace Kelly.

Mr. Righter also wrote several books, including Astrology and You, the Astrological Guide to Health and Diet and the Astrological Guide to Marriage and Family Relations".

References

^ "Astrologer to Hollywood Stars, Carroll Richter dies at 88", The Dallas Morning News, May 4, 1988. Retrieved on August 4, 2006. 

^ "President Won't Judge Astrology", Albany (N.Y.)Times Union, May 18, 1988. Retrieved on August 4, 2006. 

^ "Nancy's in Good Company Astrology Has Followers in High Places", San Francisco Chronicle, May 4, 1988. Retrieved on August 4, 2006. 

^ "C Righter, Astrologist To Stars", Sun-Sentinel, May 4, 1988. Retrieved on August 4, 2006.

^ "Daily Columnist Carroll Righter, 88 An Astrologer to Hollywood Stars", Newsday, May 4, 1988. Retrieved on August 4, 2006. 

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Righter"
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: