Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:31:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Name 5 reasons women should marry men

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Name 5 reasons women should marry men  (Read 546 times)
Allison
Superhero Member

« on: July 20, 2011, 11:48:06 pm »

Name 5 reasons women should marry men

USA earthling says:
Sex
Companionship
Family
Children
Sex
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:51:26 pm »

The Lighting Lady says:
I can count that high, but am unable to find five reasons other than:
1.) In hopes of finding a more secure/stable life,
2.) In hopes of achieving happiness,
3.) In hopes of achieving the "little house with the picket fence dream,"
4.) In hopes of raising children in with a father intact every day, and
5.) In hopes they will be taken care of during sickness and in health.

In other words and generally speaking -- "Idealist goals in an two-working parent society which rarely supports Idealisms." Marriage originally was a religious vow, and was darned difficult to nullify. People were expected to stay true to their word, no matter what. Now Marriage is merely a contract of law, and comes complete with an escape clause named, "divorce." A marriage certificate is worth about as much as a handshake agreement -- except to the explosion of divorce attorneys who have ca$hed in on hurt feelings and shame.
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:51:53 pm »

John Crockett says:
Don't get married, find someone you hate and buy them a house. It is cheaper in the long run.
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 11:53:45 pm »

Nozama Dog says:
Unless children are planned, in some states, there is no incentive for a man to marry a woman, or more specifically, a financially much better off person marrying another.

In the state of California, one of the partners is entitled to 50% of the property acquired after the marriage. (I'm not a lawyer, so this may be slightly off base) To be fair, it could be a man or a woman who is the beneficiary of this law, but it's outrageous to think that a divorce could end up costing someone half of their net worth, plus monthly alimony.

Why would any one subject themselves to this liability? A man/woman with enough on the ball to have a couple million in the bank plus real estate is probably desirable enough (at least on a financial basis alone, they could look like George Costanza) that they wouldn't have any trouble finding dates.

As far as the common law wife thing, just don't let anyone live with you for seven years and you're set.

The law shouldn't be that I have to take care of someone I divorced until they get married again, or die. How is that fair? What incentive would this person have to get married again, when they're riding the alimony pony?
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:29 pm »

nozamadlog says:
Over 83% of marriages last until one of the partners die.

It's the people that marry 4-10 times (like the Hollywood types) that skew the numbers.
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:45 pm »

Dan Zapix says:
1. Somebody to lie to
2. Somebody to cheat on
3. Somebody to stab in the back
4. Somebody to blame
5. Somebody to do all of the above to, and then screw them for everything they're worth while telling them you want to work things out (but actually hooking up with a new guy).

or so has been my experience every time...
I can't think of 1/2 a good reason men should get married. The tax credit isn't worth the above.
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 11:55:07 pm »

Cheeky Monkey Mama says:
Because they're awesome! (at least mine is:-)
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 11:56:45 pm »

T. Menosky says:
1. Someone to carry in the groceries
2. Someone to take out the trash
3. Someone to mow the lawn
4. Someone to fix the cable when it's not working
5. And I agree with the squish the yucky bug thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:21 pm »

Gertrude, the Bad Sheriff says:
You shouldn't squish spiders. They eat mosquitoes.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:32:23 pm »

Not all women/men have business getting married or having children.

The ones who do when they shouldn't are the ones who create the majority of societies' problems.

However my 5...

1) Men are more focused and women in relationships tend to be more focused themselves.

2) Men are imperfect and good women fill in the gaps, bad women keep bringing it up all the time.

3) Children need the benefits of 2 good parents a mommy & a daddy.  None of this baby's daddy crap.

4) If women accomplish nothing else in life then at least maintaining a marriage and raising good kids is a worthwhile accomplishment even tho there are no degrees or other types of trophies involved.  Good men nurture progress, and good women nurture families.  The 2 working symbiotically achieves greatness with their kids.

5) Men are 'practical' orientated and women are 'detailed nurturing' orientated.  Both talents are needed to show kids relatability skills to be a pro-functional adult.
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 11:47:59 pm »

Women are more focused on themselves?  Who do you think does 90% of the bringing up of the kids, or the cooking and cleaning?  Certainly not men. These days, you are lucky enough to tear a guy away from watching sports to do anything around the house.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 01:48:34 pm »

In the state of NY it is the exact opposite.  At least with the good men who got away from bad women.  Men who work 2 jobs while the grandparents/uncle babysit while the woman hangs around with her gang-banger buddies doing drugs and getting high.
Report Spam   Logged
Allison
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 10:02:00 pm »

I know a heck of a lot more fathers abandoning their kids than mothers who do! And you do, too, if you are being honest about things.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 04:13:56 pm »

It all depends on which part of the country you are coming from.

You watch Law & Order SVU  NY with the nutjob women and how CPS has to interfere.  There's is so much truth to that it's almost unbearable.

I'll tell you what if military women had to put up with NY women the cat-fights that would ensue would really bring new meaning to battered women.

I've got a lot of male friends who do everything they can to minimize exposure to a kid's dysfunctional mother.

Which part of the country are you from that you see more fathers abandoning their kids and leaving the mother stuck ?

If that is the case then they should try dating NY men cuz I swear it is like to parallel worlds at times.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: