Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:37:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?  (Read 5786 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2009, 01:38:38 pm »

LOL Bush is a contributer to the destruction of america, however it's our faults for not doing more in our own lives to improve the state of the world today. It doesn't take money, or anything material.

Those things are why everyone is so unhappy.
I really don't know how we should go about finding happiness, but I know for sure that being wealthy is not it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:18:38 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Jelanie Spears

« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2009, 05:12:41 pm »

I totally disagree.  Bush's policies have had a trickle down effect on the policy wherein the rich get richer and the middle class an the poor get screwed.  Wages haven't kept up with inflation for thirty years, for instance. 

When people have got nothing, they have very little to help people with.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2009, 09:48:27 pm »

I agree, this is the effect. However the political rabbit hole goes much deeper then just Bush and the whole of his,"administration". Doesn't matter.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is how we conduct our role in all of it.
How do we contribute or help in solving the problems of the world?
How do we help make things worse?

Complicating problems which they are certainly good questions to be curious about.
Yet I am learning that it is simpler to ask these questions about our own lives.
The hard part is learning the truth and then improving upon those things we discover.
If we owe each other anything in life; It's the truth about everything.
Starting with being honest with yourself.

Other wise we continue on blind and in the dark, and still chained to that same rock we've been laying on.
It seems everyone really has no where left to fall. No where else to go but up. Or-we just throw our hands up in the air and the coals of our still burning fire, burn out as we give into the things that are destroying us. Ignoring that need for different or better.

Slap in the face after slap in the face seems to be the only thing that brings about the changes we all have these dreams about. Until then we can see ourselves as divine and showing nothing in the end.
The truth as I have come to understand it for myself.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:57:08 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2009, 10:43:11 pm »

I USED to think we can save the world, no more!

Guess what?

The world is to selfish, greedy and LAME to ever do anything for itself, so we're all DOOMED!  Accept it.  If one thing this cruddy financial crisis should teach ya, it's that. 
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2009, 12:21:57 am »

Carolyn I know your frustration and beleive me. We haven't seen the worst of this yet.

Smiley However time is short, and this means that we will be facing those hard times as it was written and that is a good sign.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 10:10:34 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

no thing

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:50 am »

Carolyn,

I do agree with HereForNow that the worst is yet to come, but even after stating that, I must say that we are not doomed. The analogy of the approach of a hurricane is very similar. Having lived through numerous hurricanes, I would have to say that we are in the period in which the first wind bands from the main storm are starting to blow. The skies are getting dark, light rain has started, and the waves are growing. It will get MUCH worse.

Our greatest strength against the coming storm is our ‘knowing’, for this allows us to prepare. Although I used the hurricane as an analogy, in all honesty, none of us know what form this storm will take, YET. Physical preparation is important (although we do not know for sure what to prepare for), but mental and spiritual preparation to me is even more crucial. It is so very important to shun the feelings of DOOM. When we foster these feelings, we are attracting this very thing into our lives.

In the middle of a very violent hurricane, it truly feels like the end is near, but it passes and we walk outside to see what is left. We WILL walk outside again…Much work to rebuild, but this is where our biggest opportunity lies. Allow this to be your guide through the storm. Form the picture of what you want your new world/reality to be, and hold it in your heart.

ILAL

no thing

Report Spam   Logged
Ramona Hanneken

« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2009, 01:13:58 pm »

Hi guys, from a science point of view, on the other hand, we really are doomed.  Eventually either an asteroid will hit the planet (one came pretty darn close a few weeks ago and we didn't even know about it), or another ice age will happen (right now we are in an interglacial period, the natural trend for the planet to actually be an ice age), and human beings will cease to exist on the planet.

Hopefully, neither of those things will happen in our lifetime! 
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2009, 01:14:46 pm »

My greatest down fall was allowing myself to slip into a kind of depression as a result of those things I have overcome already. Or atleast thought that I did.

The truth of this matter is; We are a kind of memory foam that soaks up our enviroments and adapts to them accordingly. However, if you live and work and toil everyday in a regressive nature. It's hard to remain possitive and overcome. Yet if you are looking for a better way, it's easier to eventually learn from your own examples of what you know doesn't work and trading those exercises for what might.

Everyday is another war inside myself but I'm fighting back and eventually I am going to win.
Until then I have to keep reminding myself that the world the way it is today is not all I have to look forward too. It's conditioning for the task ahead to make that living part of ourselves strong enough to endure. Overwise, that little whisper that is nagging at you and telling you that it's futile will eventually win and all is lost.

It's easier to give up. However quitting is not in my nature and I'll be damned if this world is going to have that satisfaction of seeing me crumble beyond what I have.
I might have lost my arms in the last round but I can still walk to and see where I'm going.
With miles left to go, it's time to put some pep in my step.
Report Spam   Logged

Ramona Hanneken

« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2009, 01:36:12 pm »

Yeah, it is realllly easy just to be down on everything, and I am no one to talk, I get down sometimes, too.

Here is what works:  don't really look at everything as drudgery.  Just try and develop a positive attitude.  In other words, if you have a job, just be glad that you have one, even if it is a crummy one.  At least you have one, right?  Then, do everything you have to do the best that you can do, even if it is a mundane task. 

No one gets the lives we want, and I guess the comfort is that everyone is in the same boat.  Hope that helps, if not you, then maybe someone.
Report Spam   Logged
Ravenwood

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2009, 10:10:54 pm »

I USED to think we can save the world, no more!

Guess what?

The world is to selfish, greedy and LAME to ever do anything for itself, so we're all DOOMED!  Accept it.  If one thing this cruddy financial crisis should teach ya, it's that. 

I used to believe that human beings would be too smart to ever actually destroy themselves, but now I am not so sure.  We are ever our worst enemies.

Take the recent financial crisis.  It would make so much more sense to simply give money to folks who's homes are in foreclosure, then let them give the money to the banks.  That way, the banks would get paid and people could still stay in their homes.  Does the government do that?  No, it simply gives the money to the banks directly to the banks, who then pay huge bonuses out to themselves, then stick us with the bill.

The whole system stinks:  geared to help the rich and no one else.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2009, 08:17:22 am »

I wrote this just today to blog on myspace. I wanted to share this with you all because it's time.
No Thing, you inspired this dear friend and I know you of all these children will know what this is.

Before reading, I encourage you to open yourself to my words for only a moment to try and feel what I am to better help you relate. If you know what this feeling is, I am crying even now as we speak these tears of joy filling a spawning river. I love you all so much and it's time to wake up brother and sisters.

The Gathering is beginning.

Have you ever cried tears of overwhelming joy from an instant feeling of love for creation?
Cried because of an episode of Touched By An Angel?
Cried because you imaged a place where everyone else who is gathered and are experiencing this feeling with you and at a singal moment as it explodes outward like a supernova? And suddenly you are looking out from within at the entire majesty of everything that ever was, is and will be all at once. Knowing it's all alive and you are a part of it's very foundations as it is yours.
The picture goes dim and fades to nothing as you srceam inside for more being left with only a portion of what it all was. Returning to a sea filled with the voices of confusion and nonsence. You ache with all your very being to return and to be embraced by those others that are out there and waiting just as we are. Have you ever weeped from the saddness of all the pain this burden of love leaves us because of those who choose not to reach out with this feeling and for those in whom you know don't have it at all?
Even now as I write this I feel all of those of you who do know and understand this message.
I know you are feeling me as well and we need to all come together as one as we are. Everyone who knows what this is, come and behold this season as it's many fruits are ripe and the harvest begins.
To all my brothers and sister of love and peace, who seek this.
Come forth as you imaged  to encourage the rest who are looking. Reach outward from within with this love and be embraced with creation itself in wholeness and become whole. Call to the others who are waiting as we do and show them all where we are.
As I am here, waiting to be there with all of you. You have all seen and felt it. Confess this now that if only a whisper. We have touched you as if to hold you as you do now that you know you are never alone. Weep no more for we all shall soon be free..................
Harry- Herefornow

Dawn- Feel this, don't hold it back and let it flow in you as it does all of us others. As it was you who seen this in me.

Join in calling the others together and know that no matter how much time is left that anytime is better then never. Scream with all you are to the world around this illusion and don't be fooled.
Brothers and sisters, it's time and you all know this. Don't hold back any more!!!
The real work must begin now. Right now.

Report Spam   Logged

zachariah

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two wom

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2009, 09:08:49 am »

I used to believe that human beings would be too smart to ever actually destroy themselves, but now I am not so sure.

why would you believe that?

Even on forums people attack and kill one anothers souls.
Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2009, 10:17:49 am »

In some ways I can relate Zach. Yet for the rest of us who would rather hug that same person. This is the focas I try to maintain. I've been negitive and positive in my posts for the last 6 years and one constant is that there are cruel people.

As it's been told to me. You simply have to take what they are saying with a grain of salt at times and consider the source. You are the only one that knows your own truths and because they don't. It better to ignore them. LOL

Trust me. It feels so much better then hurting the friends you do have by ruining their buzz with all the drama.........Philosophically speaking ofcourse.
 Wink
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 10:19:46 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

zachariah

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two wom

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2009, 12:13:32 pm »

Trust me. It feels so much better then hurting the friends you do have by ruining their buzz with all the drama

Yes, there are worse things then death.
Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2009, 01:10:25 pm »

I used to believe that human beings would be too smart to ever actually destroy themselves, but now I am not so sure.

why would you believe that?

Even on forums people attack and kill one anothers souls.

I heard some advice a long time ago:  no one can do anything to you, or make you feel something unless you let them. You are in control of your reactions, you don't need to give people the power to push your buttons.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: