Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:06:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?  (Read 5781 times)
zachariah

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two wom

« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2009, 11:17:15 am »

rockessence, Mad Elf, These are the Times that Try Men's Souls, See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Baphomet

List of names signed on,

when do you guys post?
Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2009, 02:05:17 am »

Posted on: Yesterday at 11:17:15Posted by: zachariah 
Insert Quote
rockessence, Mad Elf, These are the Times that Try Men's Souls, See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, Baphomet

List of names signed on,

when do you guys post?

I haven't sen alot interaction of this forum for a while.

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2009, 02:14:30 am »

http://www.dianetics.org/?gclid=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=Happiness&utm_campaign=USSELFHELPCONTENT&lbuid=35464&lbuky=BI7J1G3D&lbrid=35554#/videos

perhap I need this....   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2009, 09:47:15 am »

I had no idea we had a quota to keep up.  Personally, I just like to come here and read what Bianca and the other girls post.  Is that not allowed?
Report Spam   Logged
Jill Danko

« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2009, 10:49:08 am »

It sounds a bit like you guys would be more interested in a social networking site? 

Here is mostly for history, archaeology and philosophy.
Report Spam   Logged
Jill Danko

« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2009, 10:52:21 am »

Until recently, I did this for years. Well, one day I went to work and collaped on the job.
Woke up to chest pains and numbness in my fingers, dizzy.

I was in the hospital for about 2 weeks and now I have to go to counciling once a week because of the problems I have now. I basically ran myself to thin and worried about everything to the point I got sick.

That's pretty sad.  Did you collapse from worries or was it health issues?

Is the counseling helping anyway?

It is good that you gave up pot.  They say it helps relieve pain, but I don't think smoking pot for recreation is any better than drinking all the time.  Both are crutches and hinder people from finding ways to deal with the real world.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2009, 11:03:24 am »

I callapsed from being way over tired and I was also suffering with some mental issues I have from way back that didn't effect me until recently.
As for pot smoking, I gave up that and **** years ago.

I was into drugs since sixth grade and it was something I did into my early twenties.
After I did, I started drinking for a while. I'm a product of a low income family (on and off/singal widowed mom/abusive step father) living in a drug laden neighborhood. It was all I knew.

Funny thing is, I never thought that the other things that I have been through would have effected me more then the drugs did. After becoming sober, I did everything in my power to get my life together.
However, once you have been profiled a druggie finding people to see past those sins is impossible.
I guess even getting help makes you a loser if your not a celebrity.

(smiles)
I know what change takes and it is not something that comes easy.
Beleive me, if it wasn't for my wife and kids. I probably would have relapsed.
As for the incident that hospitalized me recently;

It was from pushing to hard to get ahead of the game we call "living".......
Imagine 14 hours a day monday through friday and 12 hour days, saturday and sunday.
I did it for almost 8 months plus being a part time parent and husband, and part time home maker so my wife wasn't stuck doing everything at home. On top of sleepless days and nights from worry and stress night-mares, and restlessness. My average schedule ran from 4 am to 12:30-1:00 am, 7 days a week. I was a mess.

I was living on food and coffee, not resting or slacking in any way shape or form. 5 kids running through a house is enough to drive one to drink. LOL
It finally got the best of me. I burned out.
Now I'm finally resting at night from the meds, and I'm not as stressed out.

I finally bit the bullet and went to see my doctor about the stress. I managed an out patient counceling and I am finally opening up about the things that lead to my condition.
Anyhow, this is the story with me.

It almost seems hypocritical for me to even post my personal philosophies about what people could be doing differently. I couldn't even solve my own problems on my own. However, if we don't man up sort of speak and take those steps toward helping ourselves then there is nothing anyone else can do to help either. This is why I am standing my ground on this. Human beings do what we do daily and we owe it to ourselves to make a change before we can help others. Outside of that, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step and no one is taking it. What can you do as an individual that will change the world if we can't make it better for ourselves?

Just being honest.........
Please don't think I'm being negitive.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:47:49 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Jill Danko

« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2009, 11:09:32 am »

What sort of mental issues?  Job stress or something like that?
Report Spam   Logged
Jennie McGrath
Superhero Member

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2009, 11:57:12 am »

That sucks, HFN!  Doing better now, I hope!

Remember, if you think they are out to get you, they really ARE!

But the "they" happen to be the aliens that the government isn't talking about, and I don't mean the illegal kind!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2009, 12:36:25 pm »

Jill- Post dramatic stress syndrone (vets disease). I was beatin by my step father and the mental abuse I have taken my whole life as a result of my mother having severe manic depression is part of it. There are other things but I'm not comfortable sharing those things.
Trust me, you really don't want to know my whole story. I wish I didn't know it all so well.
Just take my word for it. I almost died twice as a result of well,,,,, things.
I am a much better parent then my parents and I guess thats all the matters concidering.

Now its a matter of me forgiving those things and moving on from them. Just, somethings aren't so easy to let go of......
I'm rather bitter about those issues.

Jennie-if they are coming for me, tell them they need to hurry up. I'm tired of living on this rock.
 Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2009, 12:44:15 pm »

I had no idea we had a quota to keep up.  Personally, I just like to come here and read what Bianca and the other girls post.  Is that not allowed?

It's perfectly ok not to participate. I'm sorry if you read me wrong on that. I was just saying that, I haven't seen alot of activity lately and rereading all the old stuff is not as much fun as open, active discussion. If you get more out of reading that is wonderful too.
I'm sure the girls would be pleased to know that someone is following their posts.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 12:44:53 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2009, 12:51:17 pm »

But the "they" happen to be the aliens that the government isn't talking about, and I don't mean the illegal kind!   Wink

I still love you Jennie...
(smirks)

You should get a myspace account so we could ummm interact more.
Besides, I would love to know what you look like. Not that it matters cuz we still buds and all but.
I have always been curious. You have an attractive personality.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2009, 04:35:34 pm »

Jill- Post dramatic stress syndrone (vets disease). I was beatin by my step father and the mental abuse I have taken my whole life as a result of my mother having severe manic depression is part of it. There are other things but I'm not comfortable sharing those things.
Trust me, you really don't want to know my whole story. I wish I didn't know it all so well.
Just take my word for it. I almost died twice as a result of well,,,,, things.
I am a much better parent then my parents and I guess thats all the matters concidering.

Now its a matter of me forgiving those things and moving on from them. Just, somethings aren't so easy to let go of......
I'm rather bitter about those issues.

Jennie-if they are coming for me, tell them they need to hurry up. I'm tired of living on this rock.
 Smiley

Well, that is terrible news, my friend.  My advice would be to simply wait things out, till they get better.  Things are never quite as grim as we imagine them to be, and all bad things tend to pass, if we give them enough time.
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2009, 04:36:23 pm »

But the "they" happen to be the aliens that the government isn't talking about, and I don't mean the illegal kind!   Wink

And Jennie, aliens do not exist, with the exception, of course, for the ones that apparently dwell in your own mind.
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2009, 07:09:04 pm »

(big harty hand shake)

How are you Aristotle?
I am kinda just coasting along at the moment. I mean we all have our moments, and I guess it was my turn. I'll be ok...... Smiley

Thank you for expressing though. I just need to get my head out of my butt and get back on that horse.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: