Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:42:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?  (Read 5761 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2008, 03:20:57 pm »

Perspective is the ability for two people to look at the same thing and see something completely different based on their experiences.

“Often, I get the feeling we are seeing, before our eyes, the gradual unmaking of the human race.”

I feel the ‘unmaking’ is of the existing human society. We know in our heats that our current approach to life is flawed, but we have been lulled into believing we cannot change it. We can and we will, but I also feel there will be an external motivation, or to put it another way, change will not be an option, it will be forced upon us.

So, if this upcoming dramatic change is in the works and we cannot get out of its way, we will pass through the eye of the storm for it will hit us dead center. The world as we know it disappears. Then we are back to the question of; if the world as we know it is no longer, what do we replace it with? Do we begin to rebuild the old structures, or do we take this opportunity to create something new, different, better? I feel the answer will be that we create anew, for in our hard won wisdom, we ‘know’ in our hearts what needs to be done.

Humans manifest. What we have today, we manifested over a long period of time. We took ideas, desires, needs, etc., and over time, these ‘things’ grew into what you see around you. A new, different world requires new, different ‘things’. If we look through our ‘eye’ of wisdom, what do we want these new ‘things’ to be? We can build whatever we desire, so I feel having a clear picture of this new world is extremely important.

I positively loved this responce and No Thing, I beleive this to be true for the utter most part.
Now, if everyone were to consider now that time to bring forth change. How are we going to convince to opposing sides or veiws that they should join us and help us with this change?
 Smiley I'm sure you see why we must be forced.

Just like we are forced to contribute all our energies at this time, to contribute further to our own failures.
Thus in turn we lose our focas on our dreams because we are left to decide on which of these tasks will be the lesser evil of the 2. And then while we are here on our computers, we can publish our thoughts and desires our dreams and express our very souls. To go out tomarrow and repeat the very same steps as the day before.
Smiley And this is why everything seems to stay the same.
So how do we find it in ourselves to be strong enough to do it before we are made to?

Report Spam   Logged

no thing

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2008, 04:20:24 pm »

HereForNow,

I have missed your presence and it is good to see you back again.

Regarding convincing others of our ideas, this is a slippery topic. The American forefathers must have faced a similar dilemma. I feel that we all share similar ‘basic ideals’ and through these ‘basic ideals’ we can agree upon a set of guidelines to live by. Again, perspective being what it is, I can only say that to me, the ‘basic ideals’ would contains such notions as; no homelessness, no hunger, no money, respect for each other, etc. etc.. These notions and others have already been presented in this thread. Although these sound utopian, that is what I feel we are working towards. There will always be those who scoff at a utopian society, but if this is what we want, then this is what we will manifest. Once you live in utopia, the utopian ideals would be the norm, not some unachievable dream.

Posting our thoughts, dreams, and desires is part of the clarification process, for by stating what we want, we clarify to ourselves and the universe what it is we are trying to manifest. Repeating the same cycle as yesterday is a choice, oftentimes a difficult choice, but we must never forget that we do have a choice. Fear is one of the main reasons (although there are MANY reasons) we do not exercise this choice, for change is something most people try and avoid. When presented with an opportunity to exercise our ‘intent’ we will often convince ourselves that ‘things’ are not SO BAD…..which keeps us on the road to maintain the status quo. Humans do not grow in this way, and in fact, they become stagnant.

In reading what some tribal elders, prophets, shamans, etc. have said recently, the time for us to come together and make this change through our combined ‘intent’ has passed. I understand what they are saying in that I know how difficult it would be to build a critical mass of human beings to make this change…very difficult, but even at this late date, still not impossible. Unfortunately, I also feel that this will not happen, and that the changes are on the way, dramatic changes. Mother earth cannot support us at the rate we are reproducing. Although I have no idea how, a new beginning will be forced upon us.

So, given the opportunity to make a new beginning, what shall we manifest?

ILAL

no thing
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2008, 04:30:24 pm »

IF....
Given....

I would see a world of people who love their lives and the very miracle of life itself.
What more can we give of ourselves then love?
Report Spam   Logged

Baphomet
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2009, 04:20:45 am »

This will sound a bit strange, I am sure, but I am really not certain that people actually desire an easy life.

I saw a Star Trek episode tonight, original series, where the crew was kidnapped by androids who simply wanted to serve them, make their lives easier.  Well, of course, Kirk and company were so repelled at the idea that they had to rebel against it.  Kirk stated that it is only through struggle and perseverance that life finds any meaning.

I wonder, is it truly that or have we become so accustomed to the struggle that we would not welcome anything else?

I, for one, would welcome a situation where I did not have to worry about money, where wants were provide for, and wherein I had the freedom to simply create, as is my nature.
Report Spam   Logged

"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters." - Goya
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 04:06:55 pm »

Baphomet_

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,2564.0.html

I encourage you to explore your imagination on this.....
Report Spam   Logged

Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2009, 11:45:05 pm »

We have made our world needlessly complicated.  Think of it, the world is in  the grip of a financial crisis, but does it really need to be? 

The economic system we have built is a travesty, built to feed the greedy all that they can amass to themselves.

There is enough food for everyone if we have the goodness to share.

There is enough water for everyone if we have the common decency to allow people to drink.

We can build homes and provide heat, shelter and purpose for everyone.  We can, but it is too much fun for some to compete, be cruel to one another and hoarde.  Human beings have always been their own worst enemies.

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
no thing

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2009, 02:10:49 pm »

Dawn,

I agree with everything you stated, but it is easy to overlook the other side (well, lets call it the small fraction) of humanity that provides the exception of this view and the hope for our future. They are the ones who focus on bringing these positive ideals into existence. You are part of this ‘other side’, as is everyone who strives to envision and create a new existence for humankind, and the numbers of those on this side are growing every day.

A topic I have discussed before, and one that is constantly being reinforced to me by my wife, is that it is so very important where we place our thoughts/intent/energy. This is most easily seen when we look at a person like Mother Teresa. She made it very clear that she would NEVER participate in a protest against war, but she would be very agreeable to participate in a movement for peace. The difference is that when we place our thoughts and energies on war, even when we disagree with it, we are reinforcing what we don’t want. When we focus on peace, this is where the energy goes.

This is a very fine distinction, but when we remember that where our thoughts and words go, reality flows, it is a little easier to understand. When we focus on the dark side of humanity, we are unintentionally feeding it. This negative side of life is there for us to use in order to develop our discernment. In your heart, you have already arrived at the understanding that this is NOT what you want for your existence, so make the break and focus on what you do want.

When I was younger, I remember hearing people talking about ‘negative energy’. It meant nothing to me at the time, for it sounded like ‘New Age’ mumbo jumbo, but as with so many things in life that are initially misunderstood, I have come to ‘know’ that this is a truth. I will also admit that it is very hard to adopt this way of thinking into our every day lives, but it only takes a couple of applications of this ‘law’ to help us to verify its truth, and it is a truth/law that flows from love. It takes effort on our part to embrace and live this truth, but I feel that what we owe one another is exactly this. It is difficult, but as my father use to tell me, “everything that is truly ‘worth’ having is worth working for”.

ILAL

no thing
Report Spam   Logged
no thing

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2009, 10:18:29 am »

If all humans were fully telepathic, would this change your views of this topic? How do you think it would change the world in general?

ILAL

no thing
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2009, 10:25:16 pm »

Well, I guess telepathic ability would be a wonderful gift.
However, our dreams have made this world.

Think about the questions that arise based on what is everyone elses reality.
Who's reality?

The rabbit hole is deep my friend....
 Wink
Report Spam   Logged

no thing

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2009, 08:45:29 am »

So, how far down the rabbit hole do you wish to go? We did create this world with our dreams, and we maintain it with our dreams. I feel that we are agreed that we would like to change this dream of reality for it does not serve us.

“Think about the questions that arise based on what is everyone else’s reality.
Who's reality?”

This is exactly the point. Would/could/should telepathy allow us to share a common dream, focus all of our energies towards a common vision? It would certainly prevent hidden agendas.

ILAL

no thing
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 12:46:52 pm »

And we have been longing for eons.....

What stops this from happening?
Report Spam   Logged

no thing

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 03:12:59 pm »

HereForNow,

How to answer your question…not that is a rabbit hole for certain. In this dualistic existence, there are many ‘things’ that have influenced us. That is the way it is supposed to be, for our purpose for ‘being’ is to learn. In truth, there is no good or bad, but the dualistic nature of existence tells us otherwise. Again, this is part of the learning on the physical plane, forcing us to develop decrement.

Suppose you are an alien child, living on a world where water did not exist (lets imagine that you are a silicone based form of life!!). Someone can try to explain to you what water is and how you would swim in it. You would form an idea of what water and swimming are, but it is not until you are submerged in water that you ‘know’. Even with the best teacher, it would take you some time to begin swimming once you were exposed to water. But your teacher is very wise, and your teacher ‘knows’ that the only way to learn about water is by being immersed in it. Being silicone based, you may sink to the bottom, but you would not die. The water is neither good nor bad, but only a tool that expands ‘you’ through your experience with it.

If someone tells you something every day of your life, especially someone that you trust, you will believe what they are saying. This is the power of illusion. I feel one of the most important illusions that has been created is that we are simply mere mortals. This illusion has enormous effects.

“And we have been longing for eons.....

What stops this from happening?”

This illusion is what “stops this from happening”. To me, the truth is that we are children, spiritual beings in a physical existence. We have sunk to the bottom many times, but slowly we are learning to swim, for swimming is the lesson we are trying to learn in this metaphor. In this physical existence where we find ourselves, we are learning a very, very important lesson, and that is that we have the ability to control a power that has no equal. Love.

I was reading an article this afternoon, and one line jumped out at me. It is from the lyrics of the song “Hotel California”;

’we are all just prisoners here, of our own device’

By continuing to live in the illusion, we create our own prison through our own devices, but the veils that surround us are lifting. We are awakening from our old dream and realizing that we are spiritual beings, magical beings. We are beginning to understanding (in tremendous numbers) that we are love and light, and that we can and will create a new dream. We are learning to swim.

ILAL

no thing

PS The Eye of Horus suits you
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 02:54:29 pm »

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

zachariah

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two wom

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2009, 08:23:47 am »

no thing & others, the problem with your philosophy is that it is essentially an impractical one.  Sure, we each have the choice to individually improve ourselves, but there is no way that humanity itself can collectively improve itself.

There is no group think in human society.  Equally, I doubt you will even get much improvement as to what improvement is.

To the religious people, their answer is to follow more closing the teachings of their God. 

To those who place their faith in nature, it's a different answer.

I could say that we should place a greater value on ethics, but that is a legal term, which seems to change with every generation. So, the question remains, what exactly constitutes improvement?

Ya Ya and how do you get 6.80 billion to care.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:25:49 am by zachariah » Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
zachariah

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two wom

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2009, 08:29:20 am »

It is a dog eat dog world world.
Report Spam   Logged

"Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: