Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 02:07:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?  (Read 6146 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 01:04:25 am »

Hello to everyone,

I went to church yesterday, the first time in a year.  I don't often go to church anymore, as most here know, I am not one for organized religion.  Going on Good Friday has become something of a tradition to me.  I read someplace lately that people who tend to go to church every Sunday tend to be happier people - I truly believe that. 

And yet, is it truly happiness that I want, or to seek new answers to all of the wrongs in the world?

I do not need a church to intercede in my relationship with God, nor do I need their explanations as to why there is so much wrong in the world, and why no entity tries to stop it.

The sermon fell a little flat to these ears - the Pastor's main theme seemed to be an admonishment that so many people these days preferred not to struggle and, instead, wanted "the good life."  I don't know anyone in my life who hasn't, at one time, struggled, and, even if we might crave an easier life, none is forthcoming.

Which raises the question, have some of us truly lost touch with the church, or has the church simply lost touch with us?

I wish everyone a Happy Easter.

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: