Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:38:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do Human Beings Owe Each Other..?  (Read 6201 times)
bluducky

« on: March 27, 2007, 07:53:34 pm »

Absolutely agreed, Derek, and that is something I have always strived to achieve -- just to show someone that there is an alternative to the common way to live (against everyone, and only for oneself). Now and again, you notice little changes in people, that they no longer behaved the same way toward something as they used to, as if they can see a little clearer now.

This is noticed more acutely with some foreigners, who from, as you said, countries that see violence and death as a common part of life. Almost like they have "reformed," and adopted a new way of living.

(It also goes the other way. A small example comes to mind: A young japanese girl came as an exchange student years ago, and when she got here, she felt it was wrong to kill flies, but by the time her stay was over, she was killing them left right and centre because they were so annoying: she had adjusted to something she never previously saw herself doing. Now myself, I never harm anything, but many people just hate flies, and that impression stuck with her, and she adapted (Australian flies can be a nuisance))

By no means do I advocate pushing one's values onto another, that would be immoral. But so many times have I seen small changes in people's attitudes, simply because they observed the way another behaves, and they adapt it into their own behaviour. It really is a personal choice, but it is strongly affected by the people around you. (which helps to explain a lot)

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: