Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:09:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ROCKS OF ATLANTIS MAY HAVE BEEN FOUND BENEATH BIMINI

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKS OF ATLANTIS MAY HAVE BEEN FOUND BENEATH BIMINI  (Read 1865 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 08:52:30 am »

Conclusion

Evidence of fossil coral ages, as backed up by a C-14 date, indicates that a considerable thickness of Pleistocene and Holocene strata is missing from the near-surface geologic section beneath the Bimini Inlet. A reasonable implication of these missing rocks is that, during a period of time covering perhaps 800,000 years -- or a minimum of 120,000 years at the least -- an ancient land surface in the Bimini area could have been above sea-level during times of continental glaciations when ocean water levels were depressed due to the oceanic water mass locked up in ice sheets. That ancient land surface could have been the continent of Atlantis.

But, one asks, "What happened to that continent; where is the remainder of it today?"

To answer this question requires one to enter into the great geologic controversy of the last 40 years; that is, the controversy between those who believe in plate tectonics and sea-floor spreading vs. those who credit largely vertical crustal motions as the true explanation for global tectonics. Because we have a serious problem with the plate-tectonics group-thinkers (see chapter 25 of our book), we would simply say that legendary Atlantis just sank, during a series of geological catastrophes between 19,400 and 12,400 BP. This explanation, advanced in a series of Cayce readings, makes as much sense to us as do the stories advanced by the followers of plate tectonics for oceanic crustal movements.

The uppermost Bimini disconformity is significant because it implies an environment that could have been inhabited by an ancient civilization for thousands of years. In Cayce reading 364-3, that former human environment and ancient land surface is implied in this way.

"... a portion of same {Atlantis} that may be seen in the present, if the geological survey would be made ...especially, or notably, in Bimini..."
We have now completed a small first step in a geological survey of Bimini. Indeed, we may have even "seen" a portion of Atlantis in the rock cores recovered. Further field and laboratory work is being planned, with emphasis on the analysis of the core samples for their abundances of rare-earth elements.

Acknowledgments

We want to thank the many unnamed people who have helped our Bimini research along over the last months and years. Their names have not been listed here to avoid their suffering the consequences of ridicule, or even career impediment, for having helped with research based upon psychically-derived information. You will not be forgotten, and if some day you wish to be cited in updates of this article we will be most pleased to do so.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:54:03 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 08:53:27 am »

Appendix

GPS locations of the core-hole stations in the Bimini Inlet

Latitude Longitude
Core Hole 1:
 N 25° 43' 9.4" W 79° 17' 55.6"
Core Hole 2:
 N 25° 43' 11.1" W 79° 17' 58.7"
Core Hole 3:
 N 25° 43' 10.6" W 79° 18' 2.6"

Core Descriptions

Here follows descriptions of the cored strata taken from exploratory borings 1, 2, and 3 (see Fig. 4).

Hole 1. The uppermost 2.0 ft of hole one consists of loose sand. Between 10 ft below mean sea level and minus 26.8 ft there was 85 per cent recovery of gray limestone with small to moderate-sized solution channels. (See Fig. 14).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:53:26 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 08:54:30 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:52:42 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 08:55:57 am »

Fig. 14. Solution channels and borings at minus 10 ft (left), and minus 16 ft, in core 1.

From 26.8 ft to the bottom of the hole there was 25 to 50 percent recovery of gray to white limestone containing considerable solution cavities and channels up to one-half inch in diameter. At minus 35 to minus 36.6 ft a layer of cemented shell hash was recovered. Note that this is quite possibly the same layer as the one encountered at this same depth in hole 3.

Between minus 41 and 47 ft the drill core-barrel returned 50% of a layer of cemented shells with numerous solution cavities. And from minus 47 ft to 51.5 ft the core barrel returned 90% of a layer of limestone with medium-sized shells and coral fragments. Ninety per cent recovery of this stratum exhibited numerous solution cavities and channels, and medium-sized shells and coral fragments.

Hole 2. The top of this core, from minus 18 to 20 ft was composed of moderately well cemented, light-tan-colored sand with some borings and/or solution channels. (60% recovery). From minus 20 to minus 30 ft the core barrel recovered 95% of light tan, cemented, bedded sand with some solution channels around minus 23-25 ft. This sand became white down hole. Between minus 30 to minus 35 ft there was 95% recovery of cemented white sand. From minus 35 to minus 40 ft there was only a 2% recovery of hard, thumbed-sized coral fragments, and between 40 and 44.5 ft, only 3% recovery of the same material. A roughly one-ft-long piece of Colpophillia breviserialis coral was encountered at minus 44.5 to 45.5 ft. Another shorter piece of Montastrea I-franski was encountered at minus 49.2 to 49.6 ft.

Hole 3. We recovered only uncemented sand in this core from minus 4 ft to minus 10.8 ft. From minus 10.8 ft to minus 25.8 ft we had 60% recovery of weakly-cemented tan sand that became more whitish downhole.

From minus 25.8 ft to minus 40 ft light-tan, cemented sand with considerable solution channels was recovered (90% recovery). Cemented shell hash occurred between minus 35 to minus 36.4 ft. Note that this is quite probably the same layer encountered in hole 1.

From minus 40 ft to minus 45.8 ft we had 70% recovery of a fine white limestone matrix containing small to medium-sized white shells. And below minus 45.8 to 50.8 ft there was only 20% recovery of fragments of fine white limestone.

http://www.huttoncommentaries.com/article.php?category=5&article=86
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:52:05 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 02:49:24 pm »

Shocked  "Yumpin Bimini" with all this exactitude of where it is shouldn't someone post some pictures of what it is??  The Bimini Wall, (or Road) is one of my absolute favorite ancient artifacts, as is the late Charles Berlitz.  Here's what it looks like for the other readers who haven't seen this yet:

They actually have managed to bring some of the stones topside as in the next picture:

It goes on for quite a stretch, how much "B" 80 feet or so, by memory:

Here's one more look:

According to some of what Berlitz has written, (I love him, but he doen't do a very good job of quoting his sources, so this one is hard to trace down), parts of Atlantis have risen above sea level, only to disappear again before they can be explored.  Given that the Atlantic is the most geologically active area of the world, (despite the Pacific Rims reputation), this shouldn't be surprising. 

In deference to the author:

Please come back and list your sources.  Lots of us would like to pick up where you left off, LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 03:01:15 pm »

Sungate:

I practically copied every word of Charles Berlitz's "Atlantis, the Eighth Planet" for this section.
You'll find the threads that have my name, by different headings.  It's pretty well all here.

Those were the days when I didn't know how to transfer articles and pictures.  I typed all my
contributions from books in my possession and Berlitz was, of course, my favourite source.

Even so, I don't have a scanner, and I'd still have to copy and type from his books.

Love and Peace,
b
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:51:20 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 10:20:23 pm »

Nice find, Bianca! 
Report Spam   Logged
mdsungate

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 01:18:10 pm »

Smiley  The Bimini Road, (or wall as I prefer to think of it), was discovered just about when Cayce said that we would discover parts of Atlantis.

Of course he also said the the whole continent would rise again as part of his omonious Earth Changes.  As Berlitz and others have pointed out in their writings, If the mid atlantic chain of undersea mountains were to be at sea level, the plateau at their base and the mountains would comprise a true continent.  The mountains would have twin peaks and be the tallest mountains in the world, surpassing Mt Everest by far. 

The fact I find entriging here is the twin peaks.  To the viewer these mountains would reach high into the clouds, and so it would seem that the sky itself rested on the twin peaks, which whould resemble the shoulders of a giant as viewed from his back.  And if I were the one to name this mountain, I would definitely call it MT. ATLAS, (the true one, not the one in Africa). 

So then Bimini would be fairly high up on a plateau at this point.  So I don’t think it was a road, or a sea wall.  At this altitude it would more probably be the wall of a temple or citadel, would it not?
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 02:17:18 pm »

SunGate:

Re Cayce & Prophecy.  This is what the man cautioned:

HOWEVER, CAYCE HIMSELF STATED THAT THE FUTURE IS NOT FIXED AND THAT HUMAN FREE WILL

MAKES VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING POSSIBLE.

Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 11:09:53 am »

Smiley I too believe that about prophecy and the future.  I take note however that people like David Hatcher Childress has his residence in Steele, Illinois, (one of the places that Caycee had said would be a save haven from the earth changes), LOL.   

Personally I think Caycee’s earth changes are quite a ways down the road from today.  I’ve read a lot of “doomsday” criers and having grown up just outside New York City, and having gone to graduate school at the Juilliard School if Music there, it’s been a common sight to see some one on a street corner crying, “repent now, the end is near.” 

However I do also believe that Atlantis WILL rise again.  Like many I’ve read the book of Revelations, and I take those prophesies seriously.  Some of what it says is:

“I saw a great beast rise out of the sea” and “there were seven heads with seven crowns, and one of the heads was mortally wounded”  (I’m paraphrasing here, too lazy to cut and copy, sorry).  And then it says the “the whole world will be amazed because this mortally wounded king was dead, but he will rise again, and that the seventh king is actually and eight king” or something to that effect.)  It is all very cryptic and confusing. 

But then it defines it’s own symbolism.  It, (Revelations), says that the heads are actually hills, and the kings are actually kingdoms.  So to be logical, (if that’s even possible with this kind of wild symbolism), … If the heads are hills, then what is the body of this beast?  Would not the body be a landmass? A continent?   And which continent and which “king” or kingdom was mortally wounded?  But the whole world will be amazed when this ‘king” or kingdom, rises again.  “I saw a beast rise out of the Sea?”  Some have taken this to be a poetic illusion, and the sea is actually the “political sea”.  But in my understanding of dreams, (which is basically what John is having here in Revelations),

Now the Roman Catholic Church has taken this to mean that the “Roman Empire” (could they be more jaded in their conclusions?) will rise again… and much of this is all about the anti-Christ, and all that “omen” nonsense.  But I personally believe they have it wrong.  A hill, (a head) which was mortally wounded?  Could we assume this hill, or should we say this mountain, was a volcano?  Could this not be Mt. “Atlas” of Atlantis? 

Would not all the world be truly amazed if this mountain, which, “existed once, but now exists no more, but will exist again”, should rise again to be the tallest mountain in the world?  I believe as Cayce prophesized, Atlantis WILL rise again someday.   Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 01:56:34 pm »

Well, I personally don't believe in Revelations.  On the other hand, let's say that I do and this is
what I get:

If it has not yet occurred - the Fall of the Roman Empire - then it is ROME (the Seven Hills):

i.e. the VATICAN  that will fall.

THIS prophecy has been pronounced by many, including Nostradamus (although I am no fan of his
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 01:14:28 pm »

Smiley  LOL, yes I've heard that too.  Cursuades to murder people just to reclaim the land that Jesus walked on?  Popes that waged wars and had mistresses?  No one could say they didn't have it coming!

Nostradamus?  A good businessman and a "clever" prophet to jumble his quatrains and let the future decide what he ment by it, LOL.

Revelations?  Well if Atlantis does rise again, I'll get to say I told you so, LOL.  Other wise, just what kind of peyote was this guy John somking?   That was one crazy dream! Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 11:45:22 am »

Sungate,

Let's consider now that Atlantis did rise from the depths:

Some people expect to see circles and pretty well what Plato described......

Nobody seems to want to stop and consider what the place would look like after 12,500
under a turbulent body of water like the Atlantic Ocean....

Ya, Peter Pan and Never, Never Land......
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 04:28:25 pm »

Smiley  True, true.  I’d hate to clean up that mess, LOL.  But the pyramid is among the most stable shapes you could devise.  If that was still there, well then you’d have an Atlantis you could well present as evidence for the entire world to see.  And let’s say nothing was left at all, even the presence of just a large land mass, would be proof enough for many.  I think of Atlantis as more than a legend or fairy tale.  We must remember until they found the remains of Troy it too was as mythical as Peter Pan.  To me Atlantis is more of a “race memory” I’ve been told by more than one physic that I’m a very old soul.  I think somewhere, somehow in the back of my mind, I remember it.

Wink 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 06:54:21 pm »

Oh, Sungate, believe me: ATLANTIS did exist.  I have personally had enough proofs of it!

But I meant that, if it did rise, it would be so eroded that people who are looking for "three

rings/circles" would never accept it as such.....

Also, pause to think, it would take a new cataclysm for it to rise.....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: