Atlantis Online
June 25, 2024, 02:50:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Mid-Atlantic Ridge

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge  (Read 22287 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2009, 12:30:16 am »

Oh dear.  I'm not enraged at all.  T'was merely a passing comment with me remembering that I'd discussed it with you B, a year ago.   If I've made the same mistake twice, then I do really deserve the thumping don't I?!?  I DO remember commenting to you way back when also B, about what a great researcher Dhill was, so somewhere in here, I've gotten totally confused.  Once again I apologise.  Here, this is me, cleaning up my mess  - again:

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2009, 12:51:59 am »

That poor dog, perhaps he was forced into doing community service.
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2009, 02:30:24 pm »

Dear LoneStar 77,

I picked up some Geoid imagery just to have a set for comparison, it it is to me pretty obvious that the MAR spread up when allowed Greenland to go through. Today's plate tectonics are a inertial remnant of these movements...

Again the crust is less dense and will float in case of a sudden molten floor. It is then possible for this Island in the Atlantic to have "sailed" up North as the Geoid imagery seem to represent. A gravitational anomaly that was photographed at the time of the immense Earthquake according to Plato. The red colors appears to represent stretching efforts and the blue colors also appear to be compression efforts. India is on the most "compressed" region on the globe, it looks like something (a meteoric body?) that either got completely in and simply smashed up the entire South of Asia including Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, and furthermore the American Continent,
or it happened to exit Earth's body, "tangentially"!

When Atlantis existed in the Atlantic Ocean further South, you indeed traveled West to reach the "Indies" ...

We know (can't quote right now) that the North Pole was once under Greenland. Greenland is already close enough to the North Pole, we can only guess that Greenland has indeed a strong magnetic field which could (if we think the North pole as the tip of a Greenlandic magnet) be responsible for the meteoric attraction "behavior" , towards the North (Patagonia, Madagascar, Ninety East Ridge, India, the Ural Mountains, Novaya Zemlyia Island...

The two upper red "blurs", on the first geoid, are one and the same event:
on the left geoid The MAR and Greenland look like a huge "swell" ;
on the right geoid the MAR in the complete image of Greenland in front of the Pillars of Hercules, where Atlantis should have been, it is clear that it was the initial location and afterwards "drifted" to the "depths of the Ocean" leaving a blanket behind

(by my little experience i know  it is not a long exposure type of Geoid, they tend to become clearer and less blurry as exposure time increases)

regards,
Mario Dantas
Report Spam   Logged

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Superhero Member

« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2009, 11:00:04 pm »

Imaginative work, Mario, but I get the feeling that Lonestar has fled the discussion.

One thing we all need to keep in mind about the Atlantic, though, and the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, it is a volcanic, explosive place that spits out and swallows islands all the time, geologically.  That should give anyone pause who tries and speaks about it with any kind of presumed expertise.
Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2009, 09:42:07 am »

Dear 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea,

Thanks for the tip, i hope i am not included in the "presumed expertise" bunch you refer. I am not an expert, i happen to have a theory, and that is just about it...

regards,
Mario Dantas

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2009, 12:11:03 pm »

Posted on: Yesterday at 12:00:04 amPosted by:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea 

"..................but I get the feeling that Lonestar has fled the discussion."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather strange that a NEW member 'drops a bombshell', then hightails it out of here.....

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)

http://www.CarlMartin.net
http://www.ancientsuns.com/ancient-earth/atlantis.php
http://www.EdgeOfRemembrance.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, 20,000 LUTS,

If not anyone has said so,

WELCOME TO ATLANTIS ON LINE!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Georgium Sidus

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:18 am »

Georgium Sidus, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the MAR, but there are a few facts that might change your mind.

It is not "enthusiasm," my new friend, my work is science, whilst yours is speculation.  All my work is sourced, whilst you simply type.

First off, let's clear up the terms. The MAR is a "spreading center" by definition. The magma pushes upward from the mantle (not the ocean floors) to create new ocean floor, spreading from the valley at the center of the MAR -- the actual boundary between tectonic plates.

Again, you are incorrect, the magma pushes upwards, as I have shown. Please review, once more, my graphics.

Yes, I understand that the ridge looks like a chain of mountains. That's exactly what it is. However, the tops of nearly all of those peaks are thousands of feet below sea level.

Once again, you are mistaken, the peaks of this undersea chain of mountains happen to form islands, the Azores, Cape Verde and Tristan de Cuhna.  Any geologist could tell you this.  Since you were apparently not aware of this, I wonder at the value of your assumed expertise at all..?

As others have speculated, we are not suggesting that the entirety of the MAR was above water during the last Ice Age, simply a greater section around the Azores.  Other trained geologists have suggested this to be a reasonable hypothesis.  Perhaps you are one of the many who choose to place Plato's story in the Mediterranean, though, Santorini, perhaps, which bears no resemblance to Atlantis.

Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2009, 01:44:53 pm »

I always thought either the Azores or Canary Islands were the foundation of Atlantis.  Neither is perfect, and it is hard to say which one is more fitting, but I am pretty darned sure that the volcanism around the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is what caused the destruction of Atlantis! 
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Autolocus
Superhero Member

« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2009, 03:25:04 pm »

Atlantis Massif

The Atlantis Massif is a prominent undersea massif, a dome-shaped region approximately 10 mi. (16 km) across and rising about 14,000 ft. (4250 m) from the sea floor, in the North Atlantic Ocean. It is located at approximately 30°N latitude just east of the intersection of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge with the Atlantis Transform Fault. The highest point of the massif is approximately 700 meters beneath the surface.
The massif was formed approximately 1.5-2.0 million years ago. Geologic studies of the massif have indicated that it is not composed of the black basalt typical of the ocean floor, but rather of dense green peridotite usually found in the mantle. The central dome is also corrugated and striated in a way that is representative of an exposed ultramafic core complex. It is believed that the massif was formed underneath the nearby Mid-Atlantic Ridge but was pulled underneath the ridge during the movement of the plates.
The Lost City hydrothermal field is near the summit of the ridge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_Massif
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2009, 12:44:10 pm »

The " CATASTROPHE" would be a Cataclysm"

However
if a meteorite Collision cause a Tidal wave/ Tsunami
in this LARGE area I think the effect would be Minor

BUT let me suggest that S-America and W-Africa
were still joined or the beaches were still connected

Than a Meteorite hitting the Beach Cleft/Rift would produce a Tsunami
But are you suggesting that the Mid Atlantic Rift
has little Changed since the Cataclysmic " Impact "

My suggestion is
that the Seafloor spreading of the Atlantic - Ocean
 started not millions of Years ago but exactly in 1055 bc

The other Seafloorspreading of The Indian Ocean started in 855 bc.

HOW do I know that ?

Simple

The Indian INDUS River Silt cone
was initially formed by the Upperlayers of the newly lifted Himalays !
So the base of that cone is indicative for dating the EPOCH
in which the  Mountaintop was washed away

In my opinion it was in the LATE Quartenary period/ Holocene/  Pleistocene/  Neocene.
Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2009, 12:47:54 pm »

I always thought either the Azores or Canary Islands were the foundation of Atlantis.  Neither is perfect, and it is hard to say which one is more fitting, but I am pretty darned sure that the volcanism around the Mid-Atlantic Ridge is what caused the destruction of Atlantis! 

WHAT about :
TWO MOON-Collisions with Earth,( at Antartica & Hawaiian Isles.)
in: 1055 and 855 bc ?

Please comment on my Subscript( At the Bottom of this Posting .)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:49:26 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2009, 10:50:01 pm »

Well, this topic sure took a turn for the worse.  Cedric Leonard, we wiish we had never heard of ya! 
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2009, 10:56:57 pm »

Oh, no!

Carolyn, I am a great admirer of Cedric Leonard.   It's not his fault.....

I think some character took a 'remark' made by someone else and maliciously ran with it here.

This person did it on purpose, HE is NOBODY'S friend.....
Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2009, 02:26:45 pm »

Dear...........................CAROLYNE,

I cannot say Off-hand,

( I forget )which one Author: Allan Elford, Andrew Collins,  Cedric Leonard, or whatever who
viewed the Latin American mountain Cities as renments of Atlantis
But he described cities on Alto Plato's like at the Titicaca lake as " Atlantis"

In my Theory, this Atlantic Ridge SEA-FLOOR SREADING IS A BY- PRODUCT
NOT the cause of the demise of Atlantis( as ' DESIREE ' seems to think.)

By aerial Photo's Crater lakes in Peru appear to show Street-Plans and were built with a resevoir lake
much the same as the modern city of New- Orleans, they were inundated by their own barrage lakes !

Now ,the Cataclysm dates of Lake Titicaca beiing raised from the Pacific Shoreline
and the submergence dates of these abandonned alto Plano Craterlake-City may be the same.

Plato Used his Atlantis Cataclysm Story to make a comparison with modern Athens' HYBRIS
Where he equates the ATLANTIS Kings Pro & Epimetheus with Athen'es Archonts: ALKIBIADES & NIKIAS
PLATO was NOT concerned with the FACT that 200 years AFTER the Cataclysm that he described,
the surviving CAPITAL, suffered another SECOND CATACLYSM that Turned Earth's Axis aside 90% Degrees

My Dates for the TWO Cataclysms that befell Atlantis
are quite differend from the regular ones that are used by the MILOS- Conference people.

In my THIRD RULE of THUMB

I explained that the Latin Compilers mistook the GREEK numeral of THOUSAND meaning Ten times TEN !
Condsequently to arrive at the original measurement
for Atlantis Capital Sections and Date we need to divide by TEN ! thus the LAST Major Cataclysm
AFTER the FIRST Atlantic FLOOD was around 900 bc and NOT around 9.000 bc
To pinpoint the exact dates of these TWO Cataclysms I mention: 1055 bc and 855 bc

After the FIRST CATACLYSM (in 1055 bc.)
the Atlanteans under the Name/Guise of MINOANS colonized Greece( around 1.000 bc.)
and the Explosion/ eruption of Mount THERA that ended Minoan & introduced Mycenan Cities was in 855 bc.

ABOUT the " Original " Atlantis location:

the 50 generic " Atlantis reference Points from the MILOS conference People
( Meaning HELIOTOPOS Publishing-House !!!) were barring the Forest from the trees.
So I narrowed them down to only THREE( as featured in the 'Personal-Message " I Sent you today !)

I cannot remember the exact Line/sentence  number fnor rom which translations,
But all Translations -variantly -must list that PLATO mentioned Atlantis Capital
also as the Capital of the Entire" KNOWN- WORLD "( = Oikumenos )

MID ATLANTIC ( Ridge.)
is a prolongued misconception.
Plato said that Atlantis Capital (" Poseidon-Polis")
was located in the MIDST of the World- OCEAN

Since  I HAVE ESTABLISHED THAT THIS WORLD " OCEAN " IS A COMPOSITE WORD,
for both the RED- SEA and the GULF of ADEN, encompassing ARABY
in the BENT at the STRAIT of Bab al Mandab is the" MIDST or " Middle-Section
of the TWO seas surrounding the " World "

But he also said that this was MID-INBETWEEN:
the TWO continents(= Shorelines.)of
LYBIA & ASIA( but NOT North- Africa nor TURKEY
because those are Roman latin names.

In Plato's TIME LYBIA was roughly Erytraea or by extend Ethiopia(= " LIBIA- AEGYPTO".)
And " ASIA-Major  " was the whole of ARABY excluding Turkey( = Asia Minor.)

EVERY ancient CARTOGRAPHER knew that
but our AO- Atlantis-FORUM-Members chose to ignore  my Factfinding here !

Elswhere( Not in PLato, ORCHOMENOS is mentioned as the Sole Capital of the KNOWN- World.)
Logic has it that, IF oneputs Two ansd2 Together the conclusion must be that:
ORCHOMENOS is capital of OIKUMENOS as " Atlantis City " is Capital of the Known-World " !

In Plato's time the " Known World " was ARABY and thus the OCEAN(="River")
that encompassed or surounded this " Known- World" (= of Araby !) must be the RED- SEA.

Other Cities in the World have sufferd from these TWO CATACLYSMS !
and it is generally known that present PORTS were built on top of older( Now submerged Harbours.)
but THESE are NOT" Atlantis " there can be but one" Atlantis " ( IN ADEN/Yemen South- Araby.)

The Yemenites themselves were never mislead by false Atlantis map-Locations

They have repaired ( with the aid of my hometown university )the MARIB- DAM, at SANAA,
that according to the" Locals" contained the original Hesperid-(Frankincense)Gardens.

With this knowledge I can safely say without character deformations
that Those AO-Forum Members that still persue Atlantis in America
are ( unwittingly-)" barking-up a wrong tree " with ignoring my THREE Rules of THUMB !
Just because I have an "attitude " ? Come off it !

Sincerely " BlueHue " dd 25 March - 2009 from Delft(Polly-University.)Holland.

Well, this topic sure took a turn for the worse.  Cedric Leonard, we wiish we had never heard of ya! 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:25:25 pm by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2009, 06:18:18 pm »

BlueHue

Va Piano, va sano, va lontano, sono Asino ?

TRANSLATION:

Go slow, go healthy, go far, am I  jackass?

YOU, Asino

ARE THE ONE

" barking-up a wrong tree " with YOUR THREE Rules of THUMB !

P.S.

I told YOU a long time ago that the saying is:

"Chi va piano, va sano e va lontano"

But even there you would not listen -

and you ask: "Sono asino?"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 06:25:09 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: