Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:25:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Mid-Atlantic Ridge

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge  (Read 20997 times)
Sphere of Influence
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2009, 04:39:54 pm »

I am in total agreement, Bianca.  In fact, I have been a member of this forum for nearly a year (though I don't post much) and I don't think I have ever seen any member do what Qoais has suggested.  The links are included with most articles, as are pictures, and it is just common sense to just follow the links, back to their original source. That is a common practice in all internet forums and those who are unfamiliar with it haven't been around.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2009, 05:00:11 pm »

I can't remember what thread I was in yesterday but whichever one it was, Lonestar also noticed no link.  I do remember however when Dhill posted at AR and I realized it was Mr. Leonards work - not because it was linked, but because I had just finished reading Mr. Leonards web site.  I even e-mailed him and asked him if he posted in forums as Dhill and he said absolutely not. And Bianca, I brought it to your attention at the time.  I'm glad to see that the thread Archangel linked us to now has the references for the original author.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2009, 05:06:30 pm »

quote:

"And Bianca, I brought it to your attention at the time.  I'm glad to see that the thread Archangel linked us to now has the references for the original author."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not take it for you to mean there was no link, when you mentioned it.

Nobody went back to correct the original!

The link can be either at the beginning or the end of the post.

I don't really remember YOU posting many links in YOUR thread, BTW...

BUT, LET'S DROP IT, SHALL WE?  THIS IS STARTING TO SOUND QUITE CHILDISH.......
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Archangel
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11:42 pm »

I can't remember what thread I was in yesterday but whichever one it was, Lonestar also noticed no link.  I do remember however when Dhill posted at AR and I realized it was Mr. Leonards work - not because it was linked, but because I had just finished reading Mr. Leonards web site.  I even e-mailed him and asked him if he posted in forums as Dhill and he said absolutely not. And Bianca, I brought it to your attention at the time.  I'm glad to see that the thread Archangel linked us to now has the references for the original author.

At the risk of belaboring this point, I take it, Qoais, that your inference now is that the thread you read at AR that referenced Leonard's work now supposedly contained no links.

Well, here is a link to the entire original thread from AR so nicely reproduced for us here (in it's entirety) by Bianca:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,5655.0.html

Once again, you see posts 4, 5 and 9 reference Leonard's work and that even in the original thread (back in 2004), the links were included.  So, your accusations are entirely groundless. 

This IS a big deal, and I think it best that in the future that people get their facts right before making these sorts of accusations.
Report Spam   Logged

Beware the All-Seeing Eye. It watches you even as you sleep. The power touches every corner of the earth.
Gwen Parker
Superhero Member

« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2009, 10:20:23 pm »

I am in total agreement with everything that Bianca and Archangel said, I would also like to add that dhill is one of he best researchers when it comes to Atlantis in the Atlantic Ocean, which, let's face it, is the most accepted theory among most Atlantologists.

And Lonestar, if you are just going to simply accept the word for mainstream academics, geologists and historians, you may as well not be looking for Atlantis in the first place - they don't believe in it.

If, on the other hand, you are genuinely interested in a way that Atlantis could have existed by the MAR, I would suggest studying, in detail, the work of the late Christian O'Brien.  He has, we all know, charted a sunken landmass around the Azores about the size of Spain.
Report Spam   Logged
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2009, 10:44:35 pm »

The job of a researcher is to gather as much research as one can to form a conclusion.  The researcher need not even come up with the conclusion himself, just gather the research, and leave it for others.  This is a study forum, a place where people with questions can come here and perhaps find the answers to what they are seeking.  If people are looking to profit from it, or receive some type of recognition for their thinking, than perhaps this isn't the place you'd be best off.  Here is a simple exchange of ideas.
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2009, 11:54:49 pm »

If I am mistaken, then I do apologise. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2009, 08:04:45 am »

Why don't we get on back on topic?  one piece of advise Qoais... nevermind!
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2009, 08:53:21 am »

Posted by:

Mario Dantas 

"Why don't we get on back on topic?  one piece of advise Qoais... nevermind!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mario,

It is obvious that the conversation here bores you to tears.....

Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject.

Some of us would rather prevent any sullying of the reputation of a long-time, well respected member
of this community and AR's, who cannot be here to defend himself!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:42 am »

Helios

Re: the Mid-Atlantic Ridge
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 11:44:35 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a study forum, a place where people with questions can come here and perhaps find the
answers to what they are seeking. 

If people are looking to profit from it, or receive some type of recognition for their thinking, than perhaps this isn't the place you'd be best off. 

Here is a simple exchange of ideas. 
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2009, 06:29:10 pm »

I thought you said you wanted to drop it Bianca.  You know I would not deliberately sully someone's reputation and I don't know why you're implying that I would.  I have the old posts still in "my messages" where you and I talked about this before.  Perhaps you do as well?  It seems that sometimes, there is a post with no references, and then if one scrolls down, (or up) one may find the references in a next or previous post.  I noted at the time that I did check back to see if Dhills posts were referenced and it seems at that time I found some were and some weren't.    As I've said, I'm glad to see the work IS referenced and that's the end of that story.  I have apologised if I was in error.  There is no need to make the antagonistic remarks.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2009, 09:30:53 pm »

Posted by: Qoais 

"I thought you said you wanted to drop it Bianca."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply was for Mario.

No, Qoais - In our correspondence I thought that you were asking me if dhill and Leonard were one and the same person.  If you meant anything else, I really did not take it any other way.

For all I know, they might still be one and the same person.  It is dhill's work I appreciate, although I have been acquainted with Mr. Leonard's work for some time and I don't bat an eyelash when either dhill or others quote him.  I do quote him too.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:53:13 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2009, 09:50:05 pm »

On second thought, Qoais, what is it that has  enraged  you so much that you had contact Mr. Leonard
himself and to tell a new member about it and that's how all this came about?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE:

LoneStar 77

"That said, one of our fellow members reminded me of R. Cedric Leonard's wonderful site

(and also brought to my attention that several members are copying his work without attribution!)."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not linking is currently done right here, right now - and nobody blows a gasket  (maybe me at HFN,
only because I know him ).

Why pick on on dhill? 

He really did not quote Leonard half as much as I have and I really can't remember if I linked or not.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 11:04:05 pm by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Archangel
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2009, 11:39:45 pm »

It seems that sometimes, there is a post with no references, and then if one scrolls down, (or up) one may find the references in a next or previous post.  I noted at the time that I did check back to see if Dhills posts were referenced and it seems at that time I found some were and some weren't. 

Only the first three posts of the thread "Atlantis & the Atlantic Ocean" are not referenced as that is apparently dhill's own writing. Again, you, or anyone, is welcome to check:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,5655.0.html

I will chalk it up, Qoais, to your not noticing the links because they are at the top of the post, rather than the bottom, and we'll leave it at that. 

My problem is why such an emphasis was even placed on Cedric Leonard's work when only three posts were devoted to him out of a thread of hundreds of posts.
Report Spam   Logged

Beware the All-Seeing Eye. It watches you even as you sleep. The power touches every corner of the earth.
Archangel
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2009, 11:42:47 pm »

Mario is also right, the discussion over this has derailed the discussion with Lonestar concerning the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, but, as Bianca points out, he was the one to bring this up in the first place:

QUOTE:

LoneStar 77

"That said, one of our fellow members reminded me of R. Cedric Leonard's wonderful site

(and also brought to my attention that several members are copying his work without attribution!)."

I don't have any qualms about hashing this out to get at the truth, which apparently does not lie with Lonestar's original statement.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: