Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:22:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

EXPLOSION AT THE TWIN TOWERS: For 17 Kindergartners, 5 Hours in an Elevator

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EXPLOSION AT THE TWIN TOWERS: For 17 Kindergartners, 5 Hours in an Elevator  (Read 204 times)
Kristin Moore
Superhero Member

« on: April 10, 2011, 02:49:28 am »

Danielle Cancelleri had come to school in search of her 5-year-old son, Danny, who was in Miss Perri's class. But hours after he had returned safely and been sent home to the care of his father and relatives, Mrs. Cancelleri was still at the school to lend her support, unwilling to leave the other parents. "I know how I would have felt if my son was still there," she said. Many of the teachers also lingered long after working hours. "We'll stay until they all return," said Denise Cascini, a foruth-grade teacher waiting in the school lobby.

After all the children were safely back at the school, it was clear that one ritual was likely to be abandoned -- the annual World Trade Center trip. Said Ms. Russo, who had made the trip annually for about 10 years, "I will never go there again."

Photo: Kindergartners from Public School 95 in Queens recovered after being trapped in an elevator for five hours. (Edward Keating/The New York Times)
http://www.nytimes.com/1993/02/27/nyregion/explosion-twin-towers-children-for-17-kindergartners-5-hours-elevator.html?ref=worldtradecenternyc
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: