Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 03:55:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Scott Walker Asked to Leave Local Restaurant Come looking for an article about

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Walker Asked to Leave Local Restaurant Come looking for an article about  (Read 138 times)
Chastity
Superhero Member

« on: February 26, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »

Scott Walker Asked to Leave Local Restaurant

Come looking for an article about Scott Walker being booted from a Madison restaurant? Yes, you came to the right place, but at the request of the restaurant owner due to abusive phone calls, the article has been hidden for the time being.

This raises a wonderful point. Why should a restaurant owner be afraid to refuse service to any person? Would the same people have started calling that restaurant and making threats if the person they asked to leave was Black? Muslim? Democrat? No. No they would not.

For those of you who know which restaurant it is, please, at the request of the owner, do not share this information. Not only are they getting TONS of supporter phone calls, but very nasty and threatening ones as well. This is their place of business, and as with any business they have the right to refuse service to anyone. When I have talked again with the owner, the content may be visible once more but while you are waiting, please discuss what YOU think about being able to refuse service to ANYONE, even if that someone is a government official.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Naomi Houser

*Update*
By ANY person, I don't mean discriminatory reasons. I had assumed that was given, but I suppose on the internet you never know. So yeah, NOT discriminatory reasons to refuse service...

*Update! 9:54am*
To respond, yes I have seen the other blogs out there claiming this is all a hoax. Since I have responded to those blogs and they have yet to get back to me, I will respond here because I believe in a certain amount of transparency.

On the "recorded phone conversation" to be found out there on the web, the blogger claims that the establishment denies this happened in their restaurant. From what I can make of it, it sounds to me like they don't want to give a statement one way or the other. I would assume that this is because of what I have already stated, which is because they are receiving threatening phone calls from crazed right wing people. Also on this "recording" you can apparently hear them pulling the blog post down. Well, that's just funny. I have been at this blog for more than a year, and before this no mention is ever made of this establishment because I have never been there. I don't live in the same city, or even county. What it sounds like to me is they are reading the blog for the first time, which is most likely the case. Also, there are bloggers saying that they spoke to Walker's staff and they said he was never at the establishment. Firstly, if it were my boss, I probably wouldn't spread that around either. Secondly, I doubt they reached any staff at all. Their phones have been ringing off the hook with more important questions than where the Governor is dining. As for this being a publicity stunt, it's not. I wouldn't have pulled the post and gone to all the trouble of trying to get people to remove the establishment's name if it was. It's because crazy idiots are threatening their well being. I think have said that three or four times now...

I share this blog with my friends. It's not something that ever gets read except by people who love and support me. That anyone else read it was quite the shock. Call that irresponsible journalism if you'd like, and that's fine. I did the responsible thing and pulled the post when I was asked to because of the threats the establishment is receiving. None of it is a hoax, none of it was or is a lie. For those of you who believe it is, it's not in my power or patience to pander to every question you have but I can try. This page links to my Facebook which I check most often. You can send me a message there, or leave a comment with your email address and question and I will try to get back to you. Because the comments are moderated, no one but me will see your email address or question comment, unless you would like them to.

In the meantime, it is looking like the only people actually posting the name and number are the crazed right wingers who are making the threatening phone calls. I wish they would give me the go-ahead to tell their name because they could really use the support right now.

Have a great day everyone.
Written with Love By Naomi Ho

http://mymindstain.blogspot.com/2011/02/scott-walker-asked-to-leave-local.html
Report Spam   Logged

"Man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity." - Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: