Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 04:32:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Top ten reasons why liberals are better than conservatives

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top ten reasons why liberals are better than conservatives  (Read 79 times)
Chastity
Superhero Member

« on: February 25, 2011, 01:23:18 am »

by Joe

Several weeks ago I read an excellent article that made the argument that conservatives had successfully made a bad word out of the term “liberal” over the course of the past thirty-plus years–despite the fact that liberalism was responsible for many of our societal advances in the mid-20th century. The article argued that it was time to fight back against that perception and to show the world just what a bad word conservatism can be. Unfortunately I did not bookmark the article and have not been able to find it despite my best effort to Google for it–if anyone knows the article I’m talking about then please reference it in a comment.

While some of my politics are centrist, I identify far more with the Left than the Right. In keeping with the spirit of taking back the word “liberal” as a good thing, I present the top ten reasons why liberals are better than conservatives:

10) Liberals prefer to be sensitive to the issues of various groups of people, while conservatives deride sensitivity as “political correctness.” (“Macaca,” anyone?)

9) Conservatives prefer cutting taxes on the wealthy even if it creates deficits. Liberals believe in paying for what you spend.

Cool Conservatives prefer to thumb their noses at the rest of the world. Liberals remember that America is the leader of a community of nations.

7) Conservatives prefer to shoot first and ask questions later. Liberals prefer to ponder the long-term consequences of their actions before using force.

6) Conservatism cares most about what is best for the individual, and is therefore inherently a selfish philosophy. Liberalism cares most about what’s best for society and the environment as a whole.

5) Conservatives prefer to prey on the environment for the sake of industry. Liberals understand that without a healthy planet and environment there can BE no industry.

4) Conservatives want to legislate morality to other people who may not share their views. Liberals prefer to live and let live.

3) Conservatives believe that majority rules. Liberals understand that the Bill of Rights was crafted to protect minorities from the predations of majorities.

2) For conservatives, religion and politics are like bread and butter. For liberals, they are like oil and water.

And the top reason in my mind why conservatism is backwards and Luddite:

1) Conservatives prefer looking to the past for guidance on solving today’s problems. Liberals understand that times change and often require new approaches to problems not envisioned by our forefathers.

I also can’t help but toss in one last one for the sake of humor:

0.5) Have you ever known anyone “hip” who was a conservative? Smiley

http://centerblue.org/159/top-ten-reasons-why-liberals-are-better-than-conservatives/
Report Spam   Logged

"Man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity." - Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Chastity
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:24:19 am »

Liberals live their daily lives with optimism for the future. We know that the world can be very harsh, an "every man for himself" place. But we do not succumb to the temptation to simply "give up" our dreams of making the world better, like Conservatives do, and succumb to greed and selfishness. Liberals fight each and every day to change the world for the better by making their own little piece of the world better. Liberals hold the door open for strangers. Liberals find a wallet on the ground and turn it into the police intact. Liberals don't mind paying their fair share of taxes (although like all Americans, we don't want to overpay or have them raised if at all possible). Liberals think of others rights instead of just their own.

Conservatives are nothing more than Liberals who have lost their hearts. People who have abandoned hope in humanity, surrendered to their baser emotions, and lost their purpose for living. They are defeated people, defeated spiritually and emotionally. They have no dignity, no self respect, no honor, and no morality other than "Do what is best for me, because that is what the other guy is doing."

There is a saying I've heard Conservatives use, that goes: "If you are young and not a Liberal, you have no heart. If you are old and not a Conservative, you have no brain." If you read that carefully, you'll notice that the Conservatives have, unwittingly, admitted that they have no heart. It is very telling, psychologically, that they should use this saying as an attack on Liberals. Because what they are really doing is attacking their own past - a past when they WERE optimistic, when they DID believe in the good of humanity, when they FOUGHT to make the world a better place - a past that they then betrayed when they tossed those notions aside in favor of simple greed. When Conservatives lash out at Liberals, they are lashing out at their own past failure to live up to the ideals they set for themselves.

I pity Convervatives. And I welcome them back as Liberals whenever they decide to forgive themselves.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2841094
Report Spam   Logged

"Man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity." - Ecclesiastes 3:19-20
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 03:22:42 pm »

by Joe

Several weeks ago I read an excellent article that made the argument that conservatives had successfully made a bad word out of the term “liberal” over the course of the past thirty-plus years–despite the fact that liberalism was responsible for many of our societal advances in the mid-20th century. The article argued that it was time to fight back against that perception and to show the world just what a bad word conservatism can be. Unfortunately I did not bookmark the article and have not been able to find it despite my best effort to Google for it–if anyone knows the article I’m talking about then please reference it in a comment.

While some of my politics are centrist, I identify far more with the Left than the Right. In keeping with the spirit of taking back the word “liberal” as a good thing, I present the top ten reasons why liberals are better than conservatives:

10) Liberals prefer to be sensitive to the issues of various groups of people, while conservatives deride sensitivity as “political correctness.” (“Macaca,” anyone?)

Yeah like getting CPS to run the lives of the American family by creating a nanny-state because they are so sensitive to women who make bad choices with relationships.

9) Conservatives prefer cutting taxes on the wealthy even if it creates deficits. Liberals believe in paying for what you spend.

Conservatives love military & prison industrial complex redistribution of wealth while liberals love welfare/nanny-state re-distribution of wealth

Cool Conservatives prefer to thumb their noses at the rest of the world. Liberals remember that America is the leader of a community of nations.

Wink

7) Conservatives prefer to shoot first and ask questions later. Liberals prefer to ponder the long-term consequences of their actions before using force.

Lips sealed

6) Conservatism cares most about what is best for the individual, and is therefore inherently a selfish philosophy. Liberalism cares most about what’s best for society and the environment as a whole.

True but they can go to far at times, implementing assinine agendas

5) Conservatives prefer to prey on the environment for the sake of industry. Liberals understand that without a healthy planet and environment there can BE no industry.

Liberals get sucked into too many phony environmental movements based on fraud.

4) Conservatives want to legislate morality to other people who may not share their views. Liberals prefer to live and let live.

Yeah it's done wonders for places like NYC, Detroit, LA, Seattle where there are such rampant drug cultures, prostitution, STDs and other issues that society shoulders the costs.

3) Conservatives believe that majority rules. Liberals understand that the Bill of Rights was crafted to protect minorities from the predations of majorities.

Conservatives understand this when liberals are the majority but forget when they are the majority.

2) For conservatives, religion and politics are like bread and butter. For liberals, they are like oil and water.

Until liberals need to know where to go for food stamps, welfare checks and housing assistance.

And the top reason in my mind why conservatism is backwards and Luddite:

1) Conservatives prefer looking to the past for guidance on solving today’s problems. Liberals understand that times change and often require new approaches to problems not envisioned by our forefathers.

Tho true, liberals too often want to modify the US Constitution and Bill of Rights to do so which are considered sacred by conservatives and libertarians alike.  It's when liberals want people to give up or go without and start becoming intrusive on the lives of Americans that liberalism looses favor.

I also can’t help but toss in one last one for the sake of humor:

0.5) Have you ever known anyone “hip” who was a conservative? Smiley

Not lately, many of the are NWO funded by the CFR media complex as are many liberals.  Many on both sides have fallen out of favor due this little fact.

http://centerblue.org/159/top-ten-reasons-why-liberals-are-better-than-conservatives/

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: