Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:28:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Justin Bieber Won’t Become U.S. Citizen: ‘You’re Broke Because Of Medical Bills

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Bieber Won’t Become U.S. Citizen: ‘You’re Broke Because Of Medical Bills  (Read 128 times)
Luke Hodiak
Superhero Member

« on: February 17, 2011, 09:52:57 pm »

Justin Bieber Won’t Become A U.S. Citizen: ‘You’re Broke Because Of Medical Bills’

Taking a break from hosting The Daily Show, impersonating the president, and buying the internet, Canadian-born pop star Justin Bieber decided to offer his insights into America’s health care system. In an upcoming interview with the Rolling Stone, the young pop icon insisted he never plans on becoming a citizen of the United States. Why? Canada has a single-payer health care system. Here, in the “evil” U.S., “you’re broke because of medical bills,” he said:

The Canadian-born Bieber never plans on becoming an American citizen. “You guys are evil,” he says with a laugh. “Canada’s the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don’t need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you’re broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard’s baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby’s premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home.”

Bieber’s comment highlights the fact that over 50 million Americans do not have health insurance, that 18,000 Americans die each year without it, and that Canadians do enjoy better access to care and “superior” health outcomes compared to Americans.

But a warning to progressives catching Bieber fever, in the same interview, Bieber admitted that he “really [doesn't] believe in abortion” even in cases of ****. “Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that,” he said.
Update Chagrined over his "belief in government-run health care," conservative news website The Daily Caller dubbed Bieber "The Enemy Within."

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/16/bieber-health-care/#
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 02:45:47 pm »

but hey he can still be President.  After all Obama still is.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Jennifer Murdoch
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:37:16 pm »

No he can't. See, Bieber was born in Canada, while Obama was born in Hawaii. Besides, Bieber is not presidential material.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: