Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:01:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Treasure in Nova Scotia?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Treasure in Nova Scotia?  (Read 3515 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« on: January 09, 2011, 03:20:29 am »

Visitors from Overseas

I mention the above only to establish how I went from scoffing at many pre-Columbian claims of visits to North America, to believing it strongly probable that we had previous overseas visitors. We just need to find evidence, and I believe there are some highly suggestive clues

At one time much of the Viking Eirik‘s and Graenlendinga Sagas was thought to be legend… until Norwegian archeologists, Helge Ingstad and his wife Anne Stine Ingstad, found proof of a Viking settlement in l’Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland in 1960. As mentioned, I think it probable that others have visited North America, and that one of these was Prince Henry Sinclair, Grandmaster of Scottish Freemasonry.

The Italian geographer, Antonio Zeno, has documented how Sinclair made this voyage prior to 1400 with a flotilla of 12 ships. That this expedition ever occurred has been scoffed at by many historians, but let’s ask ourselves why Sinclair would care to fictionalize this trip. Sinclair was of Viking descent, and many of the small islands around Scotland were Norwegian territory at the time. Sinclair apparently held Norwegian titles (including Jarl of the Orkneys) and would have been well aware of the Viking expeditions to Vinland.

The Norwegians had an active colony in North America on the west coast of Greenland at least until the 1400′s, a mere stones throw from Baffin Island, and older existing maps (see cartographer Sigurdur Stefansson) show good representations of Baffin Island (Helluland), Labrador (Markland) and the Northern Peninsula of Newfoundland (Vinland). The Northern Peninsula was where the l’Anse aux Meadows settlement was discovered. Sinclair would have to been aware of this. Why would he bother to fictionalize a trip that was old hat by the end of the Fourteenth Century? His Norwegian confreres would hardly have been impressed.

Furthermore, the Rosslyn Chapel, built in the early 1400′s by his descendant, William Sinclair, incorporates plant motifs including Indian maize and aloe vera. These were supposedly unknown in Europe prior to Columbus. Skeptics say the motifs are merely variations of European plants. If so the artists must have been dining on ergot contaminated bread (a medieval precursor of LSD).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: