Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 08:58:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Congresswoman shot in Tucson

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congresswoman shot in Tucson  (Read 1479 times)
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 07:49:25 pm »

(I think people on Radio-social network forums) that rant hatred bigotry issues using free speech to there right to do so, are not fully aware of there consequences from there actions of what they say that may one day mortally kill innocent people. Or maybe they do? If there is anyone to blame in this Tuscon horrific killing spree its them irresponsible radio or media unsavory characters that spew bigot rhetoric to increase there ratings.

Keith,   
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 08:31:58 pm »

Jared Lee Loughner

Jared Lee Loughner

A hatefull Deadly statement perpetrated by a Fringie anti government gubber   

Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 10:20:48 pm »

Glock Handguns

GLOCK pistols are the perfect combination of reliability and accuracy. Their high-tech engineering and construction create a handgun that can stand up to more punishment than even the most unforgiving conditions can generate. When you investigate the individual advantages of a GLOCK, you'll see that it will outperform whatever you're shooting now.

Safe Action

The main advantage of the GLOCK "Safe Action" system is that is has no external safeties. Because of this, the user can fully concentrate on the tactical tasks required whilst being in a stress situation and does not need to think about any safeties to be deactivated.

The Glock is a series of semi-automatic pistols designed and produced by Glock Ges.m.b.H., located in Deutsch-Wagram, Austria. The company's founder, engineer Gaston Glock, had no experience with firearms design or manufacture at the time their first pistol, the Glock 17, was being prototyped. Glock did, however, have extensive experience in advanced synthetic polymers, knowledge of which was instrumental in the company's design of the first successful line of pistols with a polymer frame.

Despite initial resistance from the market to accept a "plastic gun" due to concerns about their durability and reliability, Glock pistols have become the company's most profitable line of products, commanding 65% of the market share of handguns for United States law enforcement agencies[5] as well as supplying numerous national armed forces and security agencies worldwide.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/Glock_Handguns.html

###

The standard magazine capacity of the Glock 20 is 15 rounds

Glock 17, was chambered in 9mm parabellum, with a capacity of 17 rounds. ...

Forensics Theory

9mm Glock pistol with a extended clip is the gun Jared Lee Loughner used in Tuscon political shooting rampage and 18 people were shot there is 17 rounds in a clip? He must of had two clips? Not unless bullets were piercing through bodies, or there was a second gunman involved in the shooting?

CSI

Keith,
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 10:38:37 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uRjwPWaxiY&feature=player_embedded

Jared Lee Loughner of Tucson, Arizona went on a shooting spree earlier today at a political meeting that included U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Giffords and 11 others were shot and Loughner was eventually taken into custody.

(Top Photo: From Jared’s MySpace account from SplashNews.com CLICK HERE for photos of Jared’s deleted MySpace profile and a picture allegedly of him at an event in Tucson.)

As if often the case in these scenarios, Jared Loughner has left an internet trail behind him that seems to clearly indicate he was mentally unstable. These five videos were uploaded to a YouTube account under the ID Classitup10 featuring only words.

I will begin with his profile information from his YouTube account and follow with the videos with Jared’s commentary underneath the videos.

About Me: My name is Jared Lee Loughner!
Hometown: Tucson
Schools: I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.

Interests: My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
Movies: (*My idiom: I could coin the moment!*)
Music: Pass me the strings!
Books: I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver’s Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

The first video is simply titled “Hello”

My introduction to the channel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHoaZaLbqB4&feature=player_embedded

This next one is called “Introduction: Jared Loughner”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnNx0WThoF0&feature=player_embedded

If you’re editing of every belief and religion reaches the final century then the writer for every belief and religion is you.

You’re editing of every belief and religion reaches the final century.

Thus, the writer for every belief and religion is you.

You control every — thought, action, and lifestyle — for the person or people as the mind controller.

I’m able to control every belief and religion by being the mind controller.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Gabrielle Giffords shooter Jared Loughner YouTube videos (5 total)
Jan - 08 | AUTHOR: Asa Hawks | Related : Jared Loughner, videos

Gabrielle Giffords gunman Jared Lee Loughner from MySpace

Jared Lee Loughner of Tucson, Arizona went on a shooting spree earlier today at a political meeting that included U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Giffords and 11 others were shot and Loughner was eventually taken into custody.

(Top Photo: From Jared’s MySpace account from SplashNews.com CLICK HERE for photos of Jared’s deleted MySpace profile and a picture allegedly of him at an event in Tucson.)

As if often the case in these scenarios, Jared Loughner has left an internet trail behind him that seems to clearly indicate he was mentally unstable. These five videos were uploaded to a YouTube account under the ID Classitup10 featuring only words.

I will begin with his profile information from his YouTube account and follow with the videos with Jared’s commentary underneath the videos.

Schools: I attended school: Thornydale elementary,Tortolita Middle School, Mountain View Highschool, Northwest Aztec Middle College, and Pima Community College.

Interests: My favorite interest was reading, and I studied grammar. Conscience dreams were a great study in college!
Books: I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver’s Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnNx0WThoF0&feature=player_embedded

“How To: Mind Control”

If you’re editing of every belief and religion reaches the final century then the writer for every belief and religion is you.

You control every — thought, action, and lifestyle — for the person or people as the mind controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Wr6AeZTCE&feature=player_embedded

“How To: Your New Currency!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhAx8WzNJT0&feature=player_embedded

“This Student At Pima Community College: An Unconstitutional Crime!”

Fraud
If I’m not receiving the purchase from a payment then I’m a victim of fraud. I’m not receiving the purchase from a payment. Therefore, I’m a victim of fraud.

All purchases for an educational course in The United States as of now are unconstitutional in the United States of America because of Section 10 in the United States of America’s Constitution. A student paying for a Pima Community College course is a purchase for an educational course in the United States as of now. Therefore, a student paying for a Pima Community College course is unconstitutional in the United States of America because of Section 10 in the United States of America’s Constitution.

If you’re receiving a grade from Pima Community College class then the grade you’re receiving is unconstitutional because of the United States Bill of Rights. You’re receiving a grade from Pima Community College class. Therefore, the grade you’re receiving is unconstitutional because of the United States Bill of Rights. The grading you purchase from Pima Community College is unconstitutional at tuition.

The United States Department of Education is allowing unconstitutional education facility’s to operate or the United States Department of Education is allowing free constitutional education facility’s to operate. The United States Department of Education isn’t allowing unconstitutional education facility’s to operate. Thus, the United States Department of Education is allowing free constitutional education facility’s to operate.

If the police remove you from the educational facility for talking then removing you from the educational facility for talking is unconstitutional in the United States. The police remove you from the educational facility for talking. Thus, removing you from the educational facility for talking is unconstitutional in the United States. This situation is fraud because the police are unconstitutional!

Every police officer in the United States as of now is unconstitutionally working. Pima Community College police are police in the United States. Therefore, Pima Community College police are unconstitutionally working. The police are unconstitutionally working!

All United States of America’s college programs are unconstitutional colleges that’s in accordance with the United States of America’s Constitution. Pima Community College is a United States of America’s college program. Hence, Pima Community College is an unconstitutional college that’s in accordance with the United States of America’s Constitution.

Every Pima Community College class is using free sources for education from the internet. Algebra is a Pima Community College class. Thus, Algebra is a free source for education from the internet. Every Pima Community College class is always a scam!

If you’re literate in English grammar then you know English grammar. You don’t know English grammar. Thus, you’re not literate in English grammar. Most of the teachers and students at Pima Community College are illiterate.

If I’m thinking of adding the 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system then I’m thinking of creating 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system. I’m thinking of adding the 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system. Thus, I’m thinking of creating 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system. You control the grammar!

Don’t be scared to know you can’t find the location of a subject: Most students can’t locate a subject! Most people know all the subjects are for mind control and brainwash! The students are unconstitutionally paying for free education! The students are attending a torture facility! You know the teachers are con artists?

You now know – every college’s unconstitutional crime! You shouldn’t pay unconstitutional money for free speech! Don’t trust the current government, listener!

(I believe this one may be his video as well. He posted it along with the others on a number of his MySpace friends’ pages. It was uploaded under the YouTube account Starhitshnaz)

“America: Your Last Memory In A Terrorist Country!”

=|
If there’s no flag in the constitution then the flag in the film is unknown.
There’s no flag in the constitution.
Therefore, the flag in the film is unknown.
Burn every new and old flag that you see.
Burn your flag!
I bet you can imagine this in your mind with a faster speed.
Watch this protest in reverse!
Ask the local police; “What’s your illegal activity on duty?”.
If you protest the government then there’s a new government from protesting.
There’s not a new government from protesting.
Thus, you aren’t protesting the government.
There’s something important in this video: There’s no communication to anyone in this location.
You shouldn’t be afraid of the stars.
There’s a new bird on my right shoulder. The beak is two feet and lime green. The rarest bird on earth, there’s no feathers, but small grey scales all over the body. It’s with one large red eye with a light blue iris. The bird feet are the same as a woodpecker. This new bird and there’s only one, the gender is not female or male. The wings of this bird are beautiful; 3 feet wide with the shape of a bald eagle that you could die for. If you can see this bird then you will understand. You think this bird is able to chat about a government?
I want you to imagine a comet or meteoroid coming through the atmosphere.
On the other hand, welcome yourself to the desert: Maybe your ability to protest is from the brainwash of the current government structure.
You might also like:
Gabrielle Giffords shooter Jared Loughner photos from ...
Big Brother’s Andrew Gordon evicted with guns blazing
PHOTO Fan gropes Lady Gaga’s ta-tas
George Rekers talks to Rentboy Lucien on speakerphone
LinkWithin
Related Posts with Thumbnails

* No items

Headlines from PopEater
          o William and Kate: A Fairytale Romance Fit for the Story Books
          o 'Home': Cutest Duet of 2011 So Far, By Far
          o Michelle Williams Plans to Watch 'Brokeback' One Day with Daughter
          o 'DWTS' Star Maks Chmerkovskiy Seeks Love on Ukraine's 'The Bachelor'
          o Marlon Wayans Wants People to Practice Safe Breath

Leave a reply

Click here to cancel reply.

Name (required)

Mail (will not be published) (required)

Website

Click to follow us on Twitter

Click to learn more...

Click for sexy bikini photos of Teen Mom Farrah Abraham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L1lsLU-kUw&feature=player_embedded

Click for mug shot photos of The Man With The Golden Voice Ted Williams

“This Student At Pima Community College: An Unconstitutional Crime!”

Fraud
If I’m not receiving the purchase from a payment then I’m a victim of fraud. I’m not receiving the purchase from a payment. Therefore, I’m a victim of fraud.

All purchases for an educational course in The United States as of now are unconstitutional in the United States of America because of Section 10 in the United States of America’s Constitution. A student paying for a Pima Community College course is a purchase for an educational course in the United States as of now. Therefore, a student paying for a Pima Community College course is unconstitutional in the United States of America because of Section 10 in the United States of America’s Constitution.

If you’re receiving a grade from Pima Community College class then the grade you’re receiving is unconstitutional because of the United States Bill of Rights. You’re receiving a grade from Pima Community College class. Therefore, the grade you’re receiving is unconstitutional because of the United States Bill of Rights. The grading you purchase from Pima Community College is unconstitutional at tuition.

The United States Department of Education is allowing unconstitutional education facility’s to operate or the United States Department of Education is allowing free constitutional education facility’s to operate. The United States Department of Education isn’t allowing unconstitutional education facility’s to operate. Thus, the United States Department of Education is allowing free constitutional education facility’s to operate.

If the police remove you from the educational facility for talking then removing you from the educational facility for talking is unconstitutional in the United States. The police remove you from the educational facility for talking. Thus, removing you from the educational facility for talking is unconstitutional in the United States. This situation is fraud because the police are unconstitutional!

Every police officer in the United States as of now is unconstitutionally working. Pima Community College police are police in the United States. Therefore, Pima Community College police are unconstitutionally working. The police are unconstitutionally working!

All United States of America’s college programs are unconstitutional colleges that’s in accordance with the United States of America’s Constitution. Pima Community College is a United States of America’s college program. Hence, Pima Community College is an unconstitutional college that’s in accordance with the United States of America’s Constitution.

Every Pima Community College class is using free sources for education from the internet. Algebra is a Pima Community College class. Thus, Algebra is a free source for education from the internet. Every Pima Community College class is always a scam!

If you’re literate in English grammar then you know English grammar. You don’t know English grammar. Thus, you’re not literate in English grammar. Most of the teachers and students at Pima Community College are illiterate.

If I’m thinking of adding the 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system then I’m thinking of creating 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system. I’m thinking of adding the 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system. Thus, I’m thinking of creating 1 new symbol and number to the current alphabet and number system. You control the grammar!

Don’t be scared to know you can’t find the location of a subject: Most students can’t locate a subject! Most people know all the subjects are for mind control and brainwash! The students are unconstitutionally paying for free education! The students are attending a torture facility! You know the teachers are con artists?

You now know – every college’s unconstitutional crime! You shouldn’t pay unconstitutional money for free speech! Don’t trust the current government, listener!

(I believe this one may be his video as well. He posted it along with the others on a number of his MySpace friends’ pages. It was uploaded under the YouTube account Starhitshnaz)

“America: Your Last Memory In A Terrorist Country!”

=|
If there’s no flag in the constitution then the flag in the film is unknown.
There’s no flag in the constitution.
Therefore, the flag in the film is unknown.
Burn every new and old flag that you see.
Burn your flag!
I bet you can imagine this in your mind with a faster speed.
Watch this protest in reverse!
Ask the local police; “What’s your illegal activity on duty?”.
If you protest the government then there’s a new government from protesting.
There’s not a new government from protesting.
Thus, you aren’t protesting the government.
There’s something important in this video: There’s no communication to anyone in this location.
You shouldn’t be afraid of the stars.
There’s a new bird on my right shoulder. The beak is two feet and lime green. The rarest bird on earth, there’s no feathers, but small grey scales all over the body. It’s with one large red eye with a light blue iris. The bird feet are the same as a woodpecker. This new bird and there’s only one, the gender is not female or male. The wings of this bird are beautiful; 3 feet wide with the shape of a bald eagle that you could die for. If you can see this bird then you will understand. You think this bird is able to chat about a government?
I want you to imagine a comet or meteoroid coming through the atmosphere.
On the other hand, welcome yourself to the desert: Maybe your ability to protest is from the brainwash of the current government structure. http://starcasm.net/archives/80529

Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 11:46:27 pm »

Sarah Palin under fire as Arizona sheriff blames political 'vitriol' for triggering 'unstable' Safeway gunman's massacre

Did political rhetoric such as Sarah Palin's inflammatory 'Don't react, reload' trigger the Safeway massacre?

It is not yet clear why a gunman, believed to be 22-year-old Jared Loughner, went on a terrifying rampage in Arizona yesterday, killing six people and wounding a further 12.

[/img]

But whatever his reasons, the local sheriff - who is coordinating the investigation with the FBI - believes it is time for America to do some soul-searching.
The power of speech: Vera Rapcsak, foreground, and others hold up signs outside Gabrielle Giffords office in Tucson after the shooting yesterday

The power of speech: Vera Rapcsak, foreground, and others hold up signs outside Gabrielle Giffords office in Tucson after the shooting yesterday

In this photo taken Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2011, Rep. Gabrielle Giffords
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin gives her resignation speech during a ceremony in Fairbanks, Alaska, Sunday, July 26, 2009. (AP Photo/Al Grillo)

Flashpoints: Left, Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot through the head at point blank range in Arizona yesterday. Right, Sarah Palin, who is under fire for using inflammatory political rhetoric

'When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government,' Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik told a news conference.

'The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous.

'And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry.'
Suspect Jared Loughner: Did the inflammatory rhetoric that characterises American politics today push this 'unstable' student over the edge?

Suspect Jared Loughner: Did the inflammatory rhetoric that characterises American politics today push this 'unstable' student over the edge?

The suspect in custody is refusing to talk to police and his motive remains uncertain.

But in his internet ramblings, Jared Loughner alluded to his hatred of ‘federalist laws’, a sentiment shared by many Americans who resent ‘big government’ from Washington.

Police believe U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords - who was shot through the head but miraculously is expected to survive - was the target.

Though Mrs Giffords owned a gun and supported Arizona’s lax weapon-licensing laws, her backing of President Obama’s healthcare reform bill attracted the ire of Sarah Palin and members of the ultra-conservative Tea Party.

In March, Mrs Palin released a 'target list' of Democrats she wanted to see unseated in the November mid-term elections. Mrs Giffords was on the list.

At the time Mrs Palin drew criticism for telling her followers 'Don't retreat - instead, RELOAD!'

Critics at the time suggesting her inflammatory words and use of a crosshairs image was inciting violence.

Mrs Giffords herself said in an interview that she did feel she was a target - and that Mrs Palin had to realise that such rhetoric 'has consequences'.

Yesterday Mrs Palin expressed her sorrow and support for Mrs Giffords in the wake of the shooting - and there has been no indication whatsoever that the gunman had even seen her target list or admired her rhetoric.
Incitement? Sarah Palin's 'target list' of Democrats she wanted to see removed in the November mid-term elections - including Gabrielle Giffords

Incitement? Sarah Palin's 'target list' of Democrats she wanted to see removed in the November mid-term elections - including Gabrielle Giffords

Beyond politics: Today Mrs Palin used her Facebook page to post her 'sincere condolences' to the victims of the shooting

Beyond politics: Today Mrs Palin used her Facebook page to post her 'sincere condolences' to the victims of the shooting

It was not even clear what side of the political spectrum Loughner fell on: in a YouTube profile he claimed to have studied both Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto, while his ramblings appeared to be anti-government in general.

Even so, Mrs Palin's online followers did not hold back.

'What a hypocrite you are,' wrote Kathy Henn.

'You targeted this woman - literally with a target on her district - one of your freaky Fox followers hunted her down - and now you try to distance yourself from blame.'

Kirsten Sherk added: 'A child was killed today by someone who can't tell the difference between 'inspiring' speech and a call to arms. I was appalled by your violent speech before, I'm horrified now.'

Mrs Palin was just one flashpoint as a debate raged over the darkening nature of American politics in the wake of the shooting last night.
Frustrated: Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik could not hide his anger at the 'vitriol' that he said may have caused the already-unstable gunman to react by going on a shooting rampage as he spoke at a press conference yesterday

Frustrated: Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik could not hide his anger at the 'vitriol' that he said may have caused the already-unstable gunman to react by going on a shooting rampage as he spoke at a press conference yesterday

And her target list was the least of the inflammatory political issues dividing Arizona - and on which Mrs Giffords had taken a stand - in the lead-up to the rampage.

Just hours after Mrs Giffords voted in favour of Mr Obama's healthcare bill – which introduced subsidies to enable Americans to buy private health insurance but stopped far short of the universal plan advocated by Left-wing Democrats – the door of her Tucson office was peppered with shotgun pellets.

She also was pilloried for supporting stem-cell research and abortion.

More...

* Safeway massacre: Astronaut husband at Congresswoman's bedside as she fights for life after 19 are shot in Arizona gun rampage
    * 'I define terrorist': The bizarre YouTube ramblings of the 'Safeway massacre suspect'

However, she alienated liberals by taking a hardline conservative position on other issues, notably gun control and lobbying for military personnel to be stationed on Arizona’s border with Mexico in order to stop illegal immigration.

A congressional insider said last night: ‘A lot of people hated Gabrielle. Her misfortune is that she lives in a country where, if you disagree with someone, you can go down to your local supermarket, buy an automatic, kill them and be seen as a hero.'

Even before the shooting yesterday, the state of Arizona was in the throes of a convulsive political year that had come to symbolise a bitter partisan divide across much of America.
Time to take a step back: A seven-year-old girl flashes a peace sign at a vigil outside Mrs Giffords' Tucson offices last night

Time to take a step back: A seven-year-old girl flashes a peace sign at a vigil outside Mrs Giffords' Tucson offices last night

After an acrimonious election in November that followed months of bitter exchanges, politics looms large in the wake of the shooting.

The spark in Arizona's political firestorm was the border state's move to crack down on illegal immigration last summer, a bill proposed by conservative lawmakers and signed by Republican Governor Jan Brewer.

The law known as SB 1070 'superheated the political divide more than I've ever seen it in Arizona,' said Bruce Merrill, a longtime political analyst and pollster at Arizona State University.

A majority of Arizonans supported it, but opponents and many in the large Hispanic population felt it was unconstitutional and would lead to discrimination.

As the law went into effect, U.S. Congressman Raul Grijalva, an Arizona Democrat and opponent of SB 1070, closed a district office in Yuma after staff found a shattered window and a bullet inside.

Mrs Giffords favored a softer approach to illegal immigrants and was expected to push for comprehensive immigration reform in the Congress that was sworn in this week in Washington.

Other issues divided Arizona.
Come together: Arizonans across the political spectrum were united in their condemnation of the shooting last night

Come together: Arizonans across the political spectrum were united in their condemnation of the shooting last night

There was also anger over the economic crisis. The once-booming desert state was one of the places hardest hit by America's mortgage meltdown and foreclosure crisis.

Add to that rage over policies by Democratic President Barack Obama, namely his healthcare reform passed last year.

Then top it off with fury over the rising national debt. Both healthcare and debt were issues that rallied conservatives in the last elections, especially those tied to the Tea Party movement.

'I feel huge sorrow, that's just been building in southern Arizona for some time, this hate, hate, fear, somewhat around SB 1070, somewhat around healthcare reform. It definitely heated up when President Obama was elected,' said Molly McKasson Morgan, 63, who participated in Tucson politics and knew Giffords.

Mrs Giffords narrowly won her re-election in November over a candidate backed by the Tea Party.

'It's never been this angry, it's never been this divisive,' said Alfredo Gutierrez, a former state lawmaker.

And then there are the guns - always, in America, the guns.

Weapons like the 9mm Glock semi-automatic handgun used in yesterday's killing spree are readily available in a state with relaxed gun control laws.

It is believed that Loughner was able to purchase the gun legally - despite having a criminal past.

'The number of guns and the angry people that have access to them is astonishing,' Gutierrez added.

'That combination of anger and guns in Arizona is almost an invitation to violence.'

Art Hamilton, who served 26 years in the state House and 18 years as its Democratic leader, said there is 'no question' that Arizona is at a low point in its governance.

'I do believe we see a point in the history of this state that we're practising the politics of division and subtraction, not multiplication and addition,' Mr Hamilton said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1345460/Sarah-Palin-Arizona-sheriff-blames-political-vitriol-triggering-unstable-Safeway-gunmans-massacre.html#ixzz1AVuoPpq7

Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »

Gabrielle Giffords about Sarah Palin's violent rhetoric and the Tea Party threats and attacks

Youtube Gabrielle Giffords predicts sarah Palin making violent hints to the public and teabaggers hillbillies..  is dangerous

Keith.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:56:40 pm by Δ K€ⅼTH » Report Spam   Logged
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 01:33:18 am »

The Palin website with a bullseye over Gabrielle Gifford's district is down now:
Sarah Palin Take Back the Twenty Election November...
158 comments | xenijardin started talk, became popular 11 hours ago

exaggerated    Dear @SarahPalinUSA: For God's sake, have some decency & take bullseyes off your Congressional map: http://ow.ly/3Avur #GabrielleGiffords
   hawkt    well, look at that: the palin site that put congresswoman giffords in the crosshairs is down. of all the luck. /
   suicidalzebra    @Immamoonkin I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that this sort of thing doesn't help: /
   nategardner    Tasteless.
   christyNHC    SarahPAC "target" map w/ Giffords seat as a target: /
   wrathofkang    They've removed Gabrielle #Giffords name from the Sarah Palin "Target" website. Job done, huh? /
   katelaity    Dear @SarahPalinUSA: For God's sake, have some decency & take bullseyes off your Congressional map: http://ow.ly/3Avur #GabrielleGiffords
   sparkorama    Palin's target site is already down. Traffic or coverup? / #giffords
   cutiepi300    ohman .
   dimsumthinking    Isn't that a target that Sarah Palin put on the Congresswoman who was shot today. / Looks like a gun sight.
   SailingStNick    @colin_jones I'm sure it is.
   UnOrigMoniker    Seriously: Arrest @SarahPalinUSA NOW! She's a TERRORIST: http://bit.ly/fFVCCa #p2 #tcot #gop #sgp #teaparty #tp #gop
   xenijardin    / is still live, looks like it's periodically overloaded.
   TellDeBatz    RT
   laflaneuse    Gee, wonder why.
   tllanes    Chickenshit
   SusieFierce    Interesting.
   markbrownwriter    Sarah Palin made a "gun-sight map" including now-assassinated Gifford's 8th district. I wonder how Palin feels now. http://bit.ly/byxBT6
   JoeCoscarelli    #oops
   AspenDew    If won't load, Google it and click "cache" …the "crosshairs" graphic was on front page as of an hour ago.
   Fuschia_Goddess    @LauraBedrossian Better link: (still learning these Twitter Tricks) http://bit.ly/b9F4bQ
   ehs_wildcats    Sarah Palin's site that probably incited this bulls**t / NICE CROSSHAIR ICON... JUST SAYIN'.
   LaurieInQueens    @sarahrosehurt I guess they're redesigning it with a "SCORE!!" banner to put next to her name.
   TaosJohn    Giffords' name is said to be on Palin's "hit list" here (http://usat.ly/e7adQA) but not visible here (http://bit.ly/hmJwOO). Crosshairs are!
   threethirty    ♺
   OldMailman    This is totally sick! /
   MysticPriest    @SarahPalinUSA made a "gun-sight map" including now-assassinated Gifford's 8th district: ...conspiracy?
   MikeInKansas    Web site has crashed. /
   katzish    In light of Giffords's assassination, this Sarah Palin target list is utterly horrifying / ( @robspill)
   bujeeboo    Giffords was one of @SarahPalinUSA 's "targets" http://bit.ly/fFVCCa RT this and MAKE HER ANSWER TO IT!! #p2 #tlot
   spanishNY    Tea Party RT Flashback: @SarahPalinUSA made a "gun-sight map" including now-assassinated Gifford's 8th dist
   Anti_Intellect    Flashback: @SarahPalinUSA made a "gun-sight map" including now-assassinated Gifford's 8th district
   dasRupa    The Sarah Palin website targeting Giffords and other Democrats who supported the health care bill is /
   amymackinnon    She did: @RonCharles Dear @SarahPalinUSA: For God's sake, have some decency & take bullseyes off your Congressional map: http://ow.ly/3Avur
   BrooklynLinda    !
   kiwioconnor    This is shocking.
   RJasonCottrell    Rep Gifford among the 20 targeted with gunsights by @SarahPalinUSA's map: #p2 #TCOT #news / #rhetoricmatters
   colin_jones    I'm sure it is.
   sanbrunamo    Palin launched website with gunsights over 20 congressional dists a few months ago. Giffords' was on that map. /
   spanishNY    Tea Party!! @sickjew @SarahPalinUSA @SarahPalinUSA made a gun-sight map including Gifford's 8th district: #p2
   KTravisBallie    @SarahPalinUSA made a "gun-sight map" including now-assassinated Gifford's 8th district: #p2 #tcot
   MikeInKansas    Sarah Palin's web site still up. /
   modeknit    Interestingly, Palin's "Take back the 20" website with CROSS HAIR images, is down as of 8 minutes ago. http://bit.ly/gMfKbi
   FatimaDasNeves    ooof!
   MyMindEraser    I mean, sure, and Sarah Palin could have had no connection or influence in what happened. It's possible.
   Clarknt67    Rep Gifford among the 20 targeted with gunsights by @SarahPalinUSA's map: #p2 #TCOT #news /
   elyssaeast    @Kcecelia Since RTed @roncharles's tweet take back the 20 has been taken down http://bit.ly/byxBT6
   Lara_APN    Here is Palin site with crosshairs on Tucson http://bit.ly/hd7VqX Will anyone be held accountable???
   Annagain66    Terrifying site launched Thursday supported by Sarah Palin: /
   DownYonderFLA    @SarahPalinUSA website cross-hairs on Giffords' district http://bit.ly/b9F4bQ "We've diagnosed the problem...Help us prescribe the solution"
   semilshah    Sarah Palin's anti-healthcare map uses "targets" /
   msoleil_    Bravo. /
   ItsMeghanT    Disgusting.
   rsynnott    Ah, Palin's website with the crosshairs over the rep who was shot dead is now showing an nginx error: http://t.co/cbmBGem
   atavistian    / the Palin site targeting 20 Reps incl Giffords w/ bullseyes for their health care vote, is suddenly offline
   ryannewyork    Flashback: @SarahPalinUSA made a "gun-sight map" including now-assassinated Gifford's 8th district: #p2 #tcot
   1082229    Well done @SarahPalinUSA target signs on your / and now one of them gets shot dead.
   gabrielefarinel    Take Back the 20: http://bit.ly/gXyRFg
   lauraolin    As of just now Sarah Palin's target map (including Rep. Giffords) is still up: /
   cog2803    I wonder how the other 19 feel right now. / #congresswomangiffords #lunacy #beashamed
   apperceptions    Did Sarah Palin encourage targeting of Az congresswoman and others? / snap: http://twitpic.com/3o7h2s
   back40feet    Sarah Palin had Arizona's 8th district in her "gun sights". / Make popcorn?
   noeta    Palin website with CROSSHAIRS on Giffords district???/
   seanAE    @SarahPalinUSA put a gun target symbol on Rep Giffords district before the last election... /
   MackReed    Goddamnit
   reynaldomacias    @jasoninthehouse Get off of #twitter. Do something abt this http://yfrog.com/h37vip + this http://usat.ly/gHPuY9 + this http://bit.ly/byxBT6
   TaosJohn    Repeating this: Sarah Palin's hit list: http://yfrog.com/hst7xrj (from here: http://bit.ly/hmJwOO) Look at the gunscope crosshairs...
   CharlesMRyan    One down, nineteen to go I guess.
   supertamsf    @SarahPalinUSA published a target map w/ CROSSHAIRS, tell me 1 reason she shouldn't be prosecuted for inciting violence? http://ow.ly/3AvhY
   bujeeboo    @GottaLaff Remember this? Giffords was "in the crosshairs" http://bit.ly/fFVCCa
   bryandrenner    This won't be up long: Sarah Palin's map of target democrats, with gun crosshairs on Gabrielle Giffords: /
   shrikale    @KeithOlbermann @maddow @mommapolitico GOP #terrorism | http://goo.gl/zkK3E "We've diagnosed the problem... Help us prescribe the solution"
   kazooiedog    Gabrielle Giffords is Arizona's 8th District Rep. Who put a target on that district? Sarah Palin: /
   surlyF    NPR reporting that Giffords is dead, as are five others: http://bit.ly/byxBT6
   djhanks    Sarah Palin might want to take down this website now? / #giffords
   NWPainter    Palins Target Map should be removed from internet. /
   ProfAstrid    Gifford on Palin's "hit list:" / http://usat.ly/gvBQhB
   hawkt    site coming down in 10...9...8...
   dogunter    US Rep. Giffords shot point-blank in AZ this a.m. Hope someone isn't taking Palin's target map to the extreme. http://bit.ly/fmFgOA
   tallnoe    @grammercie “@CatherineBerg: AZ Rep Gabrielle Giffords was on Palin's infamous target map, complete with CROSSHAIRS http://ow.ly/3AvhY”
   AuntB    @grammercie / Look now before SarahPAC gets it down.
   treelobsters    Palin has a map with gun sights targeting Dem districts. I'm sure no one would take that as an incitement to violence. http://bit.ly/fd8EOu
   bujeeboo    I put blame for this shooting SQUARELY on that **** @SarahPalinUSA. Giffords' seat was "in the crosshairs" http://bit.ly/fFVCCa
   jeffstrater    PAC website continues to have gun target on Gifford's district. Funded by Sarah PAC http://bit.ly/byxBT6
   bricksoftruth    / Palin website with more craziness about "solutions". Yeah, pretty sure her gun toting followers did it now...
   rohinnn    Sarah Palin's website with literal crosshairs aiming at Rep Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Arizona /
   tomfoolery815    @DameLola_ Political rhetoric should not include crosshairs. /
   mksteele    @otoolefan
   lorion    NOTE: GIffords was on "PALIN's Target Map'.... we should accuse her as accessory!!! http://tinyurl.com/25bl4e5 #Palin #maddow #HCR #p2
   ATLSquirrel    "We've diagnosed the problem…Help us prescribe the solution" / #giffords #shooting @sarahpalinusa
   marquesphillips    Rep Giffords (AZ), shot at public event, marked with cross hairs on SarahPAC map http://bit.ly/b9F4bQ. @SarahPalinUSA please refudiate
   patrickdijusto    Grab screenshots of the Palin website while it is still up: /
   mksteele    Hmmm. Interesting.
   sewandsox    Congrats, @SarahPalinUSA One of your nutjob, brainwashed supporters went and shot a congressperson from your list: http://ow.ly/3Avns
   jenconlon    Congrats, @SarahPalinUSA One of your nutjob, brainwashed supporters went and shot a congressperson from your list: http://ow.ly/3Avnr
   WarmGingerTea    Gifford on Palin target list here http://tinyurl.com/2cvj5ce but not on current or cached vrsn website here /
   SpinDizzie    Keeping Rep. Giffords in our thoughts: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was listed in Sarah Palin's 'Target' site. /
   gmskarka    So when does the media point out that Palin painted a literal target on Rep. Giffords? /
   supertamsf    AZ Rep Gabrielle Giffords was on Palin's infamous target map, complete with CROSSHAIRS http://ow.ly/3AvhY
   powhida    This is disgusting. /
   poppymom    Nothing like putting cross-hairs on people & then having one of them publicly shot. Sickening! http://bit.ly/byxBT6 #giffords
   NeilBhatiya    maybe we can kindly ask sarah palin to take the bull's eyes off of this website? http://bit.ly/byxBT6
   PROTIPZ    @DCdebbie More chilling than that pick is this one: /
   TaosJohn    Sarah Palin's hit list: http://yfrog.com/hst7xrj (from here: http://bit.ly/hmJwOO)
   eileenconner    Rep Gabrielle Giffords D-AZ shot in Tuscon http://n.pr/gFGOuH She was also on the Palin "target map." http://bit.ly/b9F4bQ
   Bossman0187    Not jumping to any conclusions about this AZ shooting, but /
   allartburns    Did Sarah Palin's PAC have a "target" on Giffords? /
   robspill    For anyone questioning whether or not @SarahPalinUSA used targets in her Take Back the 20 campaign, see here: /
   _MelG_    @HUViolet @sistertoldja And the plot thickens...guess

http://www.talksy.com/83221/the-palin-website-with-a-bullseye-over-gabrielle-gifford-s-district-is-down-now
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 01:34:09 am »

So much for her political career.
Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 01:35:46 am »

Christina Taylor Greene: Arizona Shooting Claims Life Of 9-Year-Old Born On 9/11

First Posted: 01- 9-11 12:29 AM   |   Updated: 01- 9-11 12:29 AM

Nine-year-old Christina Taylor Greene was among those killed in a tragic shooting in Tucson, Ariz. on Saturday.

The incident occurred at a public event held by U.S. Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords in her home district. Local NBC affiliate KVOA reports that family members say Christina, who was a student at Mesa Verde Elementary School, went to the event because she wanted to learn more about the world of politics.

The Arizona Republic reports:

A neighbor was going to the Giffords event and invited Christina along because she thought she would enjoy it, said her uncle, Greg Segalini.

Christina had just been elected to the student council at her school. The event, held outside a Safeway supermarket north of Tucson, was an opportunity for constituents to meet Giffords and talk about any concerns they had related to the federal government.

Featured in the book Faces of Hope: Babies Born on 9/11, Christina was described by family members as a vibrant individual and someone who was excited about life, according to KVOA. The local outlet reports they called her "the best daughter in the world."

Segalini told the Republic that his niece was involved many extracurricular activities ranging from ballet to baseball. KVOA notes that she loved the sport, as well as horseback riding and swimming.

"She was real special and real sweet," he said.
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 01:38:19 am »

Arthur Delaney
arthur@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, Target Of Previous Political Threats, Known For Magnetic Personality

First Posted: 01- 8-11 05:33 PM   |   Updated: 01- 9-11 12:07 AM

Gabrielle Giffords, 40, has represented Arizona's 8th District since 2007 after serving in the Arizona legislature from 2001 to 2005. She took the seat of moderate Republican Rep. Jim Kolbe, who retired from the U.S.-Mexico border-area district in 2006.

While generally considered to be a swing district, John McCain easily carried Arizona's 8th in 2008 with 52 percent of the vote, and Republicans held the seat until Giffords was elected in 2006.

Giffords, a third-generation Arizonan, ran a Tucson tire business she inherited from her father before entering politics. She's the only former tire dealer in Congress.

An up-and-coming Blue Dog Democrat, Giffords was barely elected to a third term in her Republican-leaning district, aided by a magnetic personality and fractures within the state's Republican party. In 2010 Real Clear Politics listed her as one of the "Top Ten Rising Power Players in the U.S. Congress."

Giffords is known for a cheerful and energetic disposition. "I just read the First Amendment!" she said -- "gleefully," according to The New York Times -- after stepping off the House floor during the first-ever reading of the Constitution on Wednesday. "Reflecting on the Constitution in a bipartisan way is a good way to start the year."

Her husband, Cmdr. Mark E. Kelly, 46, is a NASA astronaut. Giffords married Kelly in 2007; they have two children. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi told HuffPost she liked to talk to Kelly about the cosmos.

Giffords serves on committees for armed services, foreign affairs, and science and technology. She's the chairwoman of the Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics.

"Gabby is a friend," Rep. Brad Miller (D-N.C.) told HuffPost. "We serve on the Science and Technology Committee together, and both chaired subcommittees. She is a conscientious member of the committee and of Congress, and her company is a pleasure."

First elected in 2006 in a mid-term that gave Democrats control of the House of Representatives, Giffords has voted with Democrats on health care reform, Wall Street reform, and the 2009 stimulus bill. But she has also showed an independent streak, opposing, for instance, the auto bailout and cash-for-clunkers legislation.

Giffords is a strong supporter of gun-ownership rights under the Second Amendment. In 2008, when Arizona Democrats were divided over the landmark DC gun ban case District of Columbia v. Heller, Giffords, who reportedly owned a Glock handgun at the time, called gun ownership a constitutional right and an "Arizona tradition," according to spokesman C.J. Karamargin.

Giffords has been the target of political threats before. In the wake of the health care vote, health care overhaul foes threw a brick through the front door of her Tucson district office, shattering the glass. A protester at a summer 2009 event -- similar to the meet-and-greet where she was shot Saturday -- accidentally dropped a gun on the floor. "We have never felt the need before to notify law enforcement when we hold these events," her spokesman said.

When asked if she had any enemies, Giffords' father reportedly wept. "'Yeah,'" he told The New York Post. "'The whole Tea Party.'"

Giffords has also been active on immigration issues, backing increased border security measures as well as creating a path to legalization for undocumented workers. (Democratic Rep. Raul Grijalva, who represents an adjacent district and has also been outspoken on immigration issues, closed his district office this summer when someone shot a bullet through his office window.)
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 01:39:58 am »

Gabrielle Giffords Town Hall: Gun Left Behind

Rachel Weiner First Posted: 01- 8-11 11:30 PM   |   Updated: 01- 8-11 11:30 PM

Town hall disruptions around the country have led to some outbreaks of violence. Unions participating in town halls have received death threats. At an event held by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) last week, the threat of violence led her aides to call the police after one attendee dropped a gun.

"Yelling and screaming is counterproductive," she told the Sierra Vista Herald at a Congress on Your Corner event last week. There, one visitor dropped a gun at the meet n' greet held in a Douglas Safeway, her staff says.

That has aides, who called police to the event, concerned for her safety.

"We have never felt the need before to notify law enforcement when we hold these events," said spokesman C.J. Karamargin.

One of the callers to the Service Employees International Union said, "I suggest you tell your people to calm down, act like American citizens, and stop trying to repress people's First Amendment rights... That, or you all are gonna come up against the Second Amendment."
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2011, 01:41:29 am »

Sheriff Clarence Dupnik: Arizona 'Mecca For Prejudice & Bigotry'

Posted: 01- 8-11 11:18 PM

After Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head and number of others were wounded or killed in a shooting in Tucson, Ariz. on Saturday, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said that the state has "become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Addressing the tragedy at a news conference, the sheriff said that law enforcement had reason to believe that Giffords was specifically targeted in the attack. He added that evidence suggests one suspect -- 22-year-old Jared Loughner, who is already in custody -- likely did not act alone.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," said the sheriff. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

When asked by a reporter if Giffords being shot could have been motivated by "prejudice and bigotry," Dupnik responded, "All I can tell you is that there's reason to believe is that this individual may have a mental issue. And I think that people who are unbalanced are especially susceptible to vitriol."

While speaking, the sheriff said that himself it included, "it's not unusual for all public officials to get threats." However, he said the sentiment doesn't come without consequences.

"And that's the sad thing of what's going on in America," he explained. "Pretty soon, we're not going to be able to find reasonable, decent people who are willing to subject themselves to serve in public office."
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 01:42:53 am »

Ryan Grim
ryan@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting

Grijalva: Tea Party Must Look At Their Own Behavior

First Posted: 01- 8-11 08:06 PM   |   Updated: 01- 8-11 11:29 PM

Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), who represents a district adjacent to Gabrielle Giffords's, said that Saturday's shooting is a consequence of the vitriolic rhetoric that has arisen over the past few years among extreme elements of the Tea Party.

"The climate has gotten so toxic in our political discourse, setting up for this kind of reaction for too long. It's unfortunate to say that. I hate to say that," Grijalva said in an interview with The Huffington Post. "If you're an opponent, you're a deadly enemy," Grijalva said of the mindset among Arizona extremists. "Anybody who contributed to feeding this monster had better step back and realize they're threatening our form of government."

Grijalva said that Tea Party leader Sarah Palin should reflect on the rhetoric that she has employed. "She -- as I mentioned, people contributing to this toxic climate -- Ms. Palin needs to look at her own behavior, and if she wants to help the public discourse, the best thing she could do is to keep quiet."

Grijalva said that his family has been provided with protection and that he expects further precautions will be taken by Capitol Police when he returns to Capitol Hill.

"Her whole future's ahead of her," Grijalva said of Giffords. "She's a moderate; I'm not. She's my friend. Our difference of opinion did not interfere with our friendship."

"This is a very sad day for the nation."
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 01:44:28 am »

Jeff Biggers

Author, "Reckoning at Eagle Creek: The Secret Legacy of Coal in the Heartland"
Posted: January 8, 2011 06:16 PM

Lock and Load and Lost in Tucson Today: What's the Matter with My Arizona?

Tucson, Arizona--I was 8-years-old in Tucson when I first had a firearm pressed into my hands at a summer camp, and I locked and loaded and fired.

I thought about that strange first gun experience when I heard the initial confusing news reports of the shooting of US Rep. Gabby Giffords and 17 other Arizonans at a Safeway supermarket on the northwest side of town I have frequented often. I immediately headed for the university hospital.

On the drive over, I was reminded by a Tucson friend that it has been less than a year since Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer made her state one of three in the nation to allow citizens to possess concealed weapons without a permit for those over the age of 21.

The alleged Tucson shooter is 22. According to the New York Times, "a witness to the shootings and a former emergency room doctor who now works at a hospice. 'I think it was a semiautomatic, and he must have got off 20 rounds.'"

A nine-year-old bystander has been listed among six confirmed dead; 12 others, including the beloved Rep. Giffords, are in critical condition.

One of the dead is federal Judge John Roll, who had received death threats over an immigrant rights case.

I don't believe this tragedy should be reduced to a debate over the disturbed shooter's motives.

But how on earth can we even have a discussion on decent gun control laws when guns and the gun lobby are woven into the fabric of life for those of us who grew up in Arizona?

I cut my political teeth as a 17-year-old intern with legendary Arizona US Rep. Mo Udall, who defied liberal Democrats with his opposition to gun control. Udall told a Harvard crowd during his presidential campaign 1976: "I don't claim total courage; I don't claim total wisdom."

In my 40-year relationship with this state, I have never witnessed such overt hatred on the level that has been spewed by politicians and talking heads over the past year or so. Earlier this spring, many of us warned of a tipping point of violence in Arizona--and around the nation.

When I first opened the New York Times this morning, I read about Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne's obsessive and near witch-hunt of the Tucson Unified School District's Ethnic Studies Program.

What's the matter with my Arizona, where I grew up as a redneck transplant from the southern Illinois in 1970s, and have continued to visit my family?

"As I write," says long-time author and social critic Gregory McNamee in Tucson, "it is not clear whether Representative Gabrielle Giffords has been killed or has survived being shot, along with at least a dozen and perhaps as many as twenty other victims." McNamee adds:

"What is clear to me, at this chaotic moment, is that no one should be surprised by this turn of events. The bullets that were fired in Tucson this morning are the logical extension of every bit of partisan hatred that came spewing out during the last election, in which Gabrielle Giffords---a centrist, representing well and faithfully a centrist district---was vilified and demonized as a socialist, a communist, a fascist, a job-killer, a traitor, and more.

Anyone who uttered such words or paid for them to be uttered has his or her name etched on those bullets.

With what we have seen today, the rest of us must declare that we will tolerate no more lies, no more hatred, no more violence---and that never again will we spend a single dollar on the wares sold by those who perpetrate them.

If not now, when?"

Now in Arizona--and the nation--do we have the courage and wisdom to deal with our gun laws? To stop the hatred from finding its all-too-easy expression through the barrel of the gun?
Report Spam   Logged

Thomas Jefferson
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 02:26:41 am »

This country is really going to hell.
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: