Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:41:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Your Worst Nightmare

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Worst Nightmare  (Read 1289 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2007, 09:46:48 pm »

Nice GIFS!  I especially like this one:

Should be the new Republican symbol.
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2007, 11:47:01 pm »

Yeah, isn't this cool?

Damn Republican bloodsuckers!
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2007, 01:00:19 pm »

Gates was in the process of returning back to his office to make some hasty crisis management phone calls when he heard someone behind him in the hall clear his throat, lumbering forward.  It was the Vice President, Dick Cheney, walking in his slow gait. In the abandoned hallway, his appearance was a bit ominous, putting it mildly.  "Bob, something tells me you're not exactly on board with this nuclear war thing. Can you tell me your concerns?"
    "Not on board with the U.S. starting a global nuclear war??"  Gates asked him.  "No, I'm not, are you mad??"
   "There are some positive benefits to a nuclear war, Bob," Cheney told him.  "If we hit China and Russia first and fast enough, and escape with little damage ourselves, we would be the unquestioned masters of the world for generations to come.  You can call me mad all you want, but I think the benefits far outweigh the losses, don't you?"
   "The U.S. can't win a nuclear war," Gates told him.  "We haven't even tested our warheads for years, we don't even know if they are operational!  Plus, just as some of our nuclear warheads are still targeted at Russia, their's are still targeted at us!  You are going to lose at least two major American cities, one of them will be New York, another of them Washington - where you live!  Do I have to explain things to you??
   "Well, you may be right, Bob," Cheney told him.  "I'll admit, thermonuclear war is not my favorite option as well, however, unlike you, I do see the benefits. It's important to me that we're all on the same page with this, though.  Can you think of a better option?"
   Gates realized once and for all then that he was dealing with a sociopath - there was no expression on Cheney's face but a wry smile, he wanted to see the end of the world!  But he also sensed, for some weird reason, he still had the Vice President's trust. "Give me forty-eight hours to work out a better solution.  In the meantime, the President can make statements warning the Russians of 'grave options' unless they pull back. We can do this militarily without resorting to the use of nuclear weapons!"
   Cheney kept smiling his crooked smile. "Very well, Bob, forty-eight hours before we do anything.  You have my word."
   'As good as that will do me,' Gates thought.  "Fine."
   The Vice-President shuffled away and Gates breathed a sigh of relief, slumped against a wall.  He couldn't believe the ease with which the Bush Administration contemplated the use of nuclear weapons, nor how quickly they appeared to be talked out of it. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2007, 01:01:17 pm »

Once in his office, Gates wasted no time - he called Putin.  After waiting some six minutes to get the Russian leader on the line, the phone was finally picked up. 
   "President Putin," Gates addressed him.  "I have a Vice President here who is ready to blow you to kingdom come if you don't stop your offensive against Iraq and Iran."
   "Secretary Gates," Putin said, amusedly.  "The offensive goes well so far.  American troops have done well holding their ground, they have superior weaponry.  However, we believe in time, our superior numbers will prevail."
   "You don't seem to understand, President Putin," Gates told him.  "American troops will not lose this battle.  If you persist, the President is prepared to annihilate not only the attacking force, but your entire country, too, and I think you know what our capacity is.  Pull your troops back, issue a statement that the whole thing was a misunderstanding."
   Putin raged.  "Bush has just announced that he will not relinquish his power, if the American people will not solve this problem, we will solve this for them!!"
   "Mr. President, the American people will not suffer an invasion, nor the loss of a war no matter who is President.  Your offensive is only giving the President more support!  Pull your troops back.  We will handle our internal problems, just in the same way that you have handled your internal problems."
   "Do you promise that American troops will not attack us during the midst of this retreat?"  Putin asked.
   "I am the Secretary of Defense here," Gates told.  "And no one wants World War Three.  You have my word, President Putin."
   Putin paused.  "Very well, Secretary Gates, we know you as an honorable man and will take your word.  Russian troops will cease their offensive immediately.  It is a shame that you are not in charge there, as opposed to the cowboys from Texas."
   As Gates got off the phone with Putin, he exhaled a deep sigh of relief.  There were still many things he needed to do to insure Russian compliance, and he was never sure what Bush and Cheney planned to do next, but this was a good first step. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rachel Dearth
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2007, 01:01:55 pm »

An assistant at FOX News was going through the mail when he came across a package addressed to FOX correspondent Bill Hemmer. It was from the Dennis Kucinich campaign. Losing no time, he opened it and he received the surprise of his life:  copies of all the documents showing the Bush Administration's involvement with the Septemer 11 attacks.  He brought it to FOX news chief Roger Ailes, who shouted, white-faced:  "Destroy it, destroy it!!"  Later in the hour, after the package was destroyed, he made a phone call to have the mail sorter killed.

At CNN, correspondent Wolf Blitzer received a similar package.  Hastily, he made a phone call to his handler in the Bush Administration, patiently waited for five minutes as he received his orders, only replying at times, "yes, sir," or "no, sir," then hung up the phone.  He then ordered all the mail confiscated that had a return address from the Kucinich campaign and brought to his office to be inspected only by him. 

The Newsroom at MSNBC and Keith Olbermann's assistants then received the same package from the Kucinich Campaign. "This will make the Bush Administration look bad!"  Said an overzealous staffer.  "We're in a time of war, we can't put this on the air."
   "It's because we are in a time of war that we'll be leading with this," Olbermann told him. "Who gives a flying fig if it makes the Bush Administration look bad?  Pack your things and get out of here - weasel!"
     And, in an hour's time, Olbermann started his show early, a special report:
   "Tonight, a dead man points from the grave at his murderer!  Stunning new evidence from the Kucinich Campaign that the Bush Administration was not only partly responsible for 9/11, that they framed the hijackackers said to be responsible, and that the specter of Bin Laden, the boogeyman said to be responsible for all the terrorism of Al Queda, might not well even exist."
   As the program progressed, showing a parade of photographs, documents and interviews from people in the Kucinich camp, suddenly, agents from the Department of Homeland Security burst into the studio.  "Stop that broadcast!"  One of them yelled.  Then, a few of them even got in front of the camera, pointing their guns at Olbermann.  "You are under arrest, you have been declared an enemy combatant, you are under arrest!"
   And Olbermann, raising his hands, said to the camera:  "Take back your country, America, from these fascist pigs that have taken it over.  Good night, and good luck!"
   And then, the cameras went dead.

A couple of hours later, Bush prepared to go on TV, live to all the major networks.  He got his nose powdered, his make-up put on, and his special translator (with Karl Rove's voice over the receiver) adjusted in the back of his jacket and ear.  Then, they went live:
   "My fellow Americans, we are in a time of great crisis. Not only are our troops under siege overseas, we are also under siege by forces that are working to undermine America at home. Special times call for special measures.  Therefore, I have decided to take control of all media outlets, seize the accounts of people engaged in nefarious activities, expand surveillance of people suspected of trying to undermine the government and detain the enemies of America.  I do this, again under the authority of Executive Directive 51, which was signed off on by Congress. 
   "These are difficult times, and we must face them together, with as little dissent as possible.  It is with great sadness that I take these measures.  God bless the United States of America."
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 01:27:28 pm »

Hi Rachel

Interesting storyline... did you here that the CIA just confirmed Iran ended their nuclear programs years ago. Amazing how they got all the talking heads to beat the war drums when their was nothing substantive about it. Kinda reminds me of Iraq in the early days... don't think.
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: