Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 11:13:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SPIDER-MAN Reboot On Set Pictures

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPIDER-MAN Reboot On Set Pictures  (Read 1025 times)
Green Hornet

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 03:16:25 am »

See SPIDER-MAN Run in Blurry Set Photo
by Matt Goldberg    Posted:January 18th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

spider-man-reboot-set-photo-blurry-slice-01

Everyone wants to get another good look at Spider-Man in Marc Webb’s upcoming Spider-Man reboot.  And when good looks aren’t available, sometimes you have to settle for blurry, out-of-context looks that make no sense.  Such is the case with a blurry photo of the web-slinging wall-crawler who is neither web-slinging or wall-crawling but ground-running.  Perhaps this new “gritty, contemporary” take on Spider-Man has Spidey foregoing his web-slinging-ways for conventional, foot-based transportation.  Or perhaps we have no context for this image whatsoever, but boy is it fun to speculate.

Hit the jump to check out the image along with a couple more set photos that are actually in focus and informative.  The untitled Spider-Man reboot stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Rhys Ifans.  It’s set to open in 3D on July 3, 2012.

Blurry set photo courtesy of On Location Vactions [via /Film].
Report Spam   Logged
Green Hornet

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 03:17:11 am »

In other Spidey set-photo news, The Daily BLAM! nabbed some good shots of a Daily Bugle van along with a tongue-in-cheek sign warning that animals will bite (it’s tongue-in-cheek because the villain is the Lizard, who would bite off your tongue and cheek).
Report Spam   Logged
Green Hornet

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 03:17:40 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Hornet

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 03:18:04 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Hornet

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 03:19:07 am »

Emma Stone Confirms That New SPIDER-MAN Costume Has Mechanical Web-Shooters
by Matt Goldberg    Posted:January 17th, 2011 at 7:49 am

Last week, Sony released the first official image of Andrew Garfield in Marc Webb’s Spider-Man reboot and sharp-eyed readers noticed gold-discs attached to the wrists of the costume.  Were these web-shooters?  Had the new film traded the organic web-shooters of Raimi’s films for mechanical ones?  MTV caught up with Emma Stone–who plays Peter Parker’s love interest, Gwen Stacy–on the red carpet of the Golden Globes last night and asked her for some clarification.  Stone told MTV, “It’s a device.”

Hit the jump for a close-up of the web-shooters.  Marc Webb’s 3D Spider-Man reboot is due to hit theaters on July 3, 2012.

Here’s a close-up of the web-shooters from the new movie:

Report Spam   Logged
Green Hornet

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 03:19:43 am »

And here’s what they look like in the comics (when they’re not covered up by Spidey’s gloves, obviously):

Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:42 am »

SPIDER-MAN Reboot Titled THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN; New Image Released (Updated)
by Matt Goldberg    Posted:February 14th, 2011 at 12:19 pm

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-movie-image-slice

Sony has announced that Marc Webb’s Spider-Man reboot will be officially titled The Amazing Spider-Man.  That’s not too much of a surprise.  I figured they would pull the title from one of the many Spider-Man comics and I assumed the title would either be “The Amazing Spider-Man” or “The Spectacular Spider-Man”.  At least we can now stop referring to it as “Marc Webb’s Spider-Man reboot.”

Sony has also released a new image of Spidey, this time with the mask on.  I have to say that I’m not crazy about it.  The bug-yellow eyes weird me out and the mesh-pattern feels too busy.  Also, the design of the gloves gives me flashbacks to the Spider-Man 2099 costume and that’s not a good thing.  The image also gives us a better look at the new web-shooters, which look fine.

Hit the jump to check out the new image along with a press release from Sony.  The Amazing Spider-Man stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Rhys Ifans.  The film opens in 3D on July 3, 2012.

Click on the image to see it in high-resolution. [Photo Credit: Peter Tangen]

Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 01:16:06 am »

UPDATE: Steve here. After we posted the image of the costume (which I like a lot more than Matt), I noticed the stuff on his hands.  Here’s a close-up image of that part of the costume.  While I have no idea what’s going on with his fingers, I love the attention to detail.  The only negative about The Amazing Spider-Man is that we have to wait over a year to see it.

And here’s the press release:

“THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN”

TO BE RELEASED JULY 3, 2012

CULVER CITY, Calif., February 14, 2011 – Columbia Pictures announced today that the title of the next Spider-Man film will be The Amazing Spider-Man.

The studio simultaneously released a photo of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, the first shot of Garfield in the famous full mask and suit.

The film, which is now in production and is being shot entirely in 3D, will be released on July 3, 2012.  The film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, Martin Sheen, and Sally Field.  The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt and Alvin Sargent and Steve Kloves based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.  Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad, and Matt Tolmach are producing the Marvel Entertainment production for Columbia Pictures.  The executive producers are Stan Lee, Kevin Feige, and Michael Grillo.  The film’s official website is http://www.TheAmazingSpiderMan-movie.com.

About Sony Pictures Entertainment

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation.  SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 140 countries.  Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.

About Marvel Entertainment

Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 5,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in licensing, entertainment (via Marvel Studios and Marvel Animation) and publishing (via Marvel Comics). Marvel’s strategy is to leverage its franchises in a growing array of opportunities around the world, including feature films, consumer products, toys, video games, animated television, direct-to-DVD and online. For more information visit www.marvel.com.

http://collider.com/amazing-spider-man-movie-image/76209/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:06 am »

8 Things We Learned About THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN From Our Exclusive Interview with Screenwriter Steve Kloves
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:July 10th, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Steve_Kloves_Amazing_Spider_Man_slice

Earlier today I got to sit down with screenwriter Steve Kloves for an extended video interview.  While some of you might not recognize his name, I promise that you’ve seen his work as he wrote all the Harry Potter movies except Order of the Phoenix.  And with the final Harry Potter movie arriving in theaters next weekend, in the coming days you can look forward to a really in depth conversation about bringing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 to life.

However, during the interview we also talked about another movie that he worked on that a lot of you care about: The Amazing Spider-Man. Hit the jump for more.

Even though I knew Kloves wouldn’t be able to talk about the specifics of the story, we still covered a lot of ground and I learned a lot.  And to make it nice and easy, I made a list.  So here’s eight things I learned followed by a lot of quotes from the interview.  However, if you have the time, scroll down to the bottom of the page and watch the video.  If you’ve been looking forward to the Spider-Man reboot, it’s worth watching.  Again, look for the full conversation in a few days.

Oh…and one last thing…the final Harry Potter movie was everything I hoped it would be and more.  Get ready to cry in the theater.

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-movie-image8 Things We Learned About The Amazing Spider-Man

* At first, Kloves turned down the job of doing script work for the film. But after speaking with producer Laura Ziskin, and reconsidering, he decided to acquiesce. He also said he really wanted to write for Emma Stone.
    * The bulk of Kloves’ work on the script was character and dialogue.
    * He says the tone is more realistic than the previous Spider-Man films. He wanted to make sure that the film was grounded in reality, because he said he can’t write cartoony dialogue. They told him reality was what they wanted, they wanted him to write Peter Parker as a real character.
    * He said he wrote very naturalistically. There’s a lot of humor, but it’s naturalistic humor, not jokes.
    * Since Sony is planning a trilogy, they asked him to write the sequel, but he declined, he said he dated the property, he doesn’t wanna marry it.
    * He said there’s a reason that their Spider-Man has mechanical webshooters as opposed to organic ones. Kloves says he wrote some really cool things involving the mechanical webshooters.
    * Marvel was very involved in the film, as they are will all movies based on their properties. They provided a sort of bible of things that were crucial to the character.
    * He says Mark Webb was really schooling himself in 3D, and wanted to shoot the movie in a sort of pure form of 3D, in a sophisticated way.
Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:39 am »

Here’s the time index and a lot of quotes from the interview.  The video is further down the page.

steve_kloves_harry_potterSteve Kloves

:18 – Was he hesitant to get involved with The Amazing Spider-Man?

“I still don’t know why I did it. I mean, honestly it was one of those things where they sort of asked me one day and I actually said ‘No,’ to my agent I said ‘No, I’m not doing that.’ I’ve only done that kind of work as a favor, and there were some people on that movie like Laura Ziskin, who sadly just passed, I knew pretty well and I knew her husband very well, Alvin Sargent. I knew Laura wanted the movie to be really good, and she lived with Alvin and Alvin brought such great depth to the Spider-Man movies. I mean if you watch the first one, you see Alvin all over it. I’m not comparing myself to Alvin Sargent, I’m just saying I knew that they wanted it to be really good. I also really wanted to write for Emma Stone, because I like to write for women and I particularly like Emma. So what I did basically was, I did basically character and dialogue, and that was enjoyable for me. So that was my hand in it. And I did a little plot work, but a lot of the plot was done. I enjoyed doing the dialogue and really concentrating on Emma’s character very much, and then doing a little bit for Andrew Garfield’s character.”

2:04 – Talks about how they’re approaching the reinvention of Spider-Man. Are they going for a more cartoony tone of the first three films, or are they grounding it more in reality like Iron Man?

“I think it’s really their game, but you actually hit on something that was my concern. I said, ‘I can’t do ‘shazam!’ dialogue, that’s not what I do. If you wanna do the Peter Parker I knew as a kid reading the comic book, I can do that, because it was grounded in exactly what you said, reality.’ So they said ‘Yes that’s what we want, we want you to come in and write Peter Parker as a real character.’ I have to say, I went back and watched the first 15 minutes of the first Spider-Man…what was impressive about Tobey’s take was, Tobey’s kind of a happy nerd. Like, he’s a nerd but he seems kind of happy about it, he’s taking pictures of Kirsten Dunst and he’s weirdly cheeky and kind of forward, and it kind of works in a way. But Sam Raimi has that style that I think dovetailed to that pretty well, but it’s a different time. I couldn’t have done those movies. So I don’t know how this is gonna turn out, but I wrote this very, very naturalistically. A lot of humor, but naturalistic humor, not jokes. But really trying to make them seem like real characters. I think Peter Parker’s a great character, and I certainly think Emma’s character is a fantastic character, Gwen. I wouldn’t have done it if they wanted me to do, ‘Hey look in the sky!’ I don’t know how to do that, I can’t do that. I realize that’s the wrong character but…
Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 02:02:29 am »

3:44 – Would he come back to write the sequel if Sony makes it into a trilogy?

“They had talked to me about doing the second one when I was doing it, and no I didn’t wanna—I sort of dated it, I don’t wanna marry it. I will tell you this though, Mark Webb, I saw some of his pre-vises, and what impressed me about Mark Webb’s pre-vises was that they were really coherent, you could follow the action. There’s sometimes guys who do that stuff and it’s like eye-candy, but you have no idea what you’re watching. With this, what I saw in the pre-vises, Mark had designed it in such a way that you were really following Spider-Man as he was engaging in these action sequences, and it made it much more thrilling because you felt you were with him. So I have some hopes for it. I mean look, you’ve got Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, it’s a really good cast, and I know they want it to be good. And it was a real reboot, that’s the other thing, when I came on I said, ‘I don’t wanna ape what Sam and Tobey did,’ and they said ‘No we’re really rebooting it.’ And so that’s when I came in and did what I did, which again was primarily character and dialogue.”

5:03 -  He talks about the mechanical webshooters

“There was a reason for it. It was about an organic thing versus a mechanical—making it. They had a whole complicated thing about it and as you know, it always involves Marvel because Marvel is very, very involved in terms of—they have a list of things, it’s like a bible of things, which are good things, most of them, because you don’t want someone just completely destroying this wonderful character, because it’s a really good character…I asked about that, because I can’t remember why, but it complicated things for me, and I had to ask why ‘Why am I doing this? Why do I have to do this?’ But I wrote some actually cool stuff for that, and I think Mark’s gonna do it. Mark had really good ideas too, he has some really cool ideas.”

the-amazing-spider-man-promo-poster6:26 -  Talks about 3D

“Mark was really, really schooling himself in the 3D of it all. He wanted to really shoot the movie in sort of pure 3D. I think he wanted to try and do it in a very sophisticated way. Mark’s a really smart guy, he’s a good guy, and he was really earnest about it. I have no question he was doing it for the right reasons.”

http://collider.com/steve-kloves-interview-the-amazing-spider-man/101453/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 02:03:34 am »

Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 02:04:12 am »

Report Spam   Logged
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 02:04:33 am »