Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:01:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Alec Baldwin enter's politics?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alec Baldwin enter's politics?  (Read 41 times)
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« on: January 05, 2011, 05:41:07 am »

30 Rock star Alec Baldwin revealed he is 'very interested' in a political run.

The 52-year-old actor, a noted liberal who plays a staunch Republican in the US sitcom, has always been politically outspoken.

He had previously talked about running for office, saying he would quit the hit show in 2012.

Now, in an interview to be broadcast on Wednesday on CNN, he spoke about finally doing it.

'It’s something that I would be very, very interested in,' he said.

Baldwin said he would quit acting for politics because the leading elite have not solved the problems of the middle class.

'I don't want to say this in an anti-elitist way, but we've had men who are Ivy League groomed running this country since 1988,' Baldwin said.

'We've had 22 years of Yale and Harvard running this country right now, and the problems aren't getting solved.'

And he said the fact he is rich and famous does not make him equally disconnected from today's middle-class.

He said, 'Even though I've had a job which is a very, very interesting and unique job and there's fame and there's money and all this other nonsense that people equate it with, it's a job, it's work, and I think people in my business are very hard working people.

'But whatever I've accrued in my career, it hasn't changed me as a person.'

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1609433.php/Alec-Baldwin-to-enter-politics
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: