Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 04:30:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

First Footage from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Footage from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER  (Read 701 times)
Barrell of a Gun

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:10 am »

New Captain America Images From Empire

Chris Evans makes the cover of another magazine, sporting his Captain America outfit sans a helmet. Has Evans sold you on looking like the perfect man for ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’?

Chris Evans Captain America Empire cover

As we anxiously approach Super Bowl weekend and the unveiling of the first trailer for Captain America: The First Avenger, we spend our time excitedly examining the little details of the photos released from the film so far.

We’ve now seen what Chris Evans looks like as Steve Rogers after being subject to the Super-Soldier serum and what he looks like in full Captain America gear. We’ve also seen plenty of location shots and 1940s era vehicles, but fans still eagerly await the official unveiling of Hugo Weaving in costume and make-up as the villainous Red Skull.

Justice League The Movie
You can find it on Yahoo! More on Justice League The Movie
Yahoo.com
Ads by Google

Back in October the first major reveal of Chris Evans as Captain America came with the cover image on an issue of Entertainment Weekly and today a newer cover image from Empire which also reveals him in a similar stance, this time much more confident, and again sporting his iconic patriotic colors as the star-spangled Avenger, along with another image, albiet much smaller, of him from a still taken from the film.
Report Spam   Logged
Barrell of a Gun

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 01:00:49 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Barrell of a Gun

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 01:01:34 am »

With a fully formed idea now of what Evans looks like while in his army duds (and in action), all we have to go on for Hugo Weaving (post-transformation) is the low-quality Captain America Halloween movie tie-in costume images. These include the costume and a Red Skull mask which resemble concept art we previously reported on for the film.

We’re loving the costume designs and set pieces thus far, and this has helped place Captain America: The First Avenger into the top spot on our 20 most anticipated movies of 2011. We can’t wait meet the rest of the cast and see them in live-action!

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-empire-cover-image-rob-99156/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 05:45:53 am »

Joe Johnston Says ‘Captain America’ Will Surprise Fans
Jan 19, 2011 by Chris Schrader

After watching a rough cut of ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’, director Joe Johnston has decided that fans will likely be pleasantly surprised by the film.

Captain America Comic-Con banner

When any iconic comic book property heads to the big screen, fans typically track its development with equal measures of excitement and skepticism. That has certainly been the case with Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger - a film that has created divisive (and rather passionate) opinions in regards to its casting, costumes, and production design.

Many have decided to reserve judgment until the trailer debuts, but between all of the concept art and interviews with the cast & crew, there’s enough information out there to at least get a general sense of the film’s tone. I personally find the majority of what we’ve seen to be very encouraging, but I know there are some ardent Cap fans out there who are still on the fence about the movie.

It seems like one of the more controversial decisions Marvel made with Captain America was choosing Joe Johnston to direct the film. The bulk of Johnston’s filmography is comprised of films that are widely regarded as good, but not great. Sometimes his vision is bigger than his budget (The Rocketeer), sometimes it seems like there were too many cooks in the kitchen (Jurassic Park III), and sometimes it’s just an unmitigated disaster (The Wolfman).

Johnston recently spoke quite candidly about making The Wolfman and how different the production of Captain America had been. But would a better experience behind the camera translate into a better film? According to Johnston, the answer is a very enthusiastic yes.

Hero Complex caught up with him a few days after he’d watched the first cut of Captain America and it sounds like he couldn’t be happier with the film:

“I watched the movie for the first time a few days ago and I just looked at the first cut and there is so much entertainment value — it’s just flat-out fun to watch … Maybe I’m somewhat biased — I was there [when we made it] — but, seriously, it’s funny, it’s exciting and there’s great visual effects. The movie is going to be something more than people are expecting. This movie is going to surprise some people. It is the origin story of Captain America but it is also something rare — it’s a period superhero film but there’s great action in it. You don’t normally think of guys driving around in 1939 sedans in an action film but there are some great action beats in it. It’s just a helluva lot of fun to watch.”

Captain America Director Joe Johnston First Screening

Johnston also singles out leading man Chris Evans and praises his performance as Steve Rogers/Captain America:

“All actors bring something unexpected to the role because they have to translate what’s on the page and make a real character out of the black-and-white text that’s there in the script. I hadn’t worked with Chris Evans and I wasn’t really that familiar with his work and I didn’t know what to expect. I was blown away by the subtlety that he brought to the role. It was really exciting to watch him. He added layers to the character that were not on the page and layers that were not in the comic books. He made Steve Rogers into a real flesh-and-blood character and it was fantastic to watch.”

Granted, most directors aren’t going to make disparaging comments about their own film before it’s released, but Johnston has established himself as someone capable of giving his work an honest assessment. Of course it doesn’t guarantee that Captain America will be a great film, it simply signifies that he’s satisfied with the job he’s done. Since many artists tend to be harder on themselves than even their harshest critics, perhaps that’s saying something. Only time will tell.

Honestly, I can’t say I’ve ever truly enjoyed any of Johnston’s films – but I’d love for Captain America to be the one responsible for changing that. I’m really interested to see what direction the film goes in and how the character continues to evolve as part of The Avengers ensemble as well.

Captain America: The First Avenger hits theaters July 22nd, 2011. The Avengers is scheduled for May 4th, 2012.

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-joe-johnston-schrad-97189/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:47:59 am by Tick » Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 12:54:04 am »

Video & Photos Of After Credits Scene From 'Captain America' Filming
By Andrew Weymes on April 23, 2011    

Video & Photos Of After Credits Scene From 'Captain America' Filming Keeping it a secret from no one, Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Evans were spotted filming a scene for 'Captain America: The First Avenger' in New York City's famous Times Square. Both the video of them filming the scene and some photos are below. It was at first thought that the two actors could be filming a scene for the upcoming 'Avengers' from director Joss Whedon, but a keen eye commenting on the YouTube video spotted Joe Johnston, the director of 'Captain America.'

The scene between the two actors is most likely an after-the-credits scene that will be attached to 'Captain America: The First Avenger.' Chris Evans has the lead in the film as Steve Rogers, the initially weak man who goes on to become the powerful Captain America. Samuel L. Jackson plays S.H.I.E.L.D member, Nick Fury, who has had cameos in both 'Iron Man' films, and will appear in next month's 'Thor.' All of these cameos from Fury lead to 'The Avengers,' the Marvel superhero mash-up film.

Here's the synopsis of the World War II set film:

"Captain America: The First Avenger will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America. As Captain America, Rogers joins forces with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) to wage war on the evil HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving)"

For the patient bunch who don't mind waiting until after the credits, you should be able to catch the scene between Jackson and Evans when Joe Johnston's 'Captain America: The First Avenger' hits theaters on July 22.
Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 12:57:04 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOy4VUGMX-Y&feature=player_embedded

Captain America: The First Avenger Time Square End scene w/ Nick Fury ( Filmed with Nikon D5100 )
Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 12:57:27 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 12:57:51 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 12:58:21 am »