Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:37:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ron Paul Talks 2012 Presidential Run: “I am Involved In A Revolution”

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul Talks 2012 Presidential Run: “I am Involved In A Revolution”  (Read 26 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« on: January 04, 2011, 03:28:37 pm »

Ron Paul Talks 2012 Presidential Run: “I am Involved In A Revolution”

All other potential candidates represent the status quo

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
Tuesday, Jan 4th, 2011

Texas Congressman Ron Paul has once again spoke of a potential Presidential campaign for 2012, declaring that is is very seriously considering running, given that all other potential candidates from both parties do not represent any real change.

The Congressman appeared alongside his son, Senator elect Rand Paul on CNN’s Anderson Copper 360 show.

The Congressman again described the odds of such a development as 50/50, but supporters will take great encouragement from his words:

“People ask me if I think about it a lot and I do because I get asked it all the time. But yes. I am giving it very serious consideration, and I know all the pros and cons.” the Congressman said.

“I do listen to many supporters that seem to be so sincere and interested in what I’ve been doing over the many years. They have responded to the monetary issues and the policy issues and the personal liberty issues.” Paul added.

“Because the young people are responding and giving the encouragement, I am really thinking very seriously about it, but at this time I cannot give an answer.” he told viewers.

When asked who Paul believed would be his most formidable challenger if he ran again, the Congressman noted:

“I would consider everyone of them a pretty big challenge because I am involved in a revolution, I want revolutionary ideas, I want to return our country to the original roots of individual liberty.”

“Everyone that I know of, Republican and Democrat, in many ways they represent the Status Quo.” Paul continued.

“They don’t get excited about the Federal Reserve, they don’t get excited about bringing troops home from Japan, they don’t get excited about reducing the government by 50, 60 or 70 percent, and letting college kids get out of social security. No, they would all fit the position of the status quo, and the supporters I have know that we’re talking about something quite different.”

The two Dr Pauls also discussed cutting military spending and ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq:

“I’d come home from Iraq, Afghanistan, the middle east, Germany, Korea, Japan. You could have a transition period for some of these entitlement problems we have at home, I want to get rid of those too, but I would start with all this overseas spending.” Ron Paul stated.

Responding to comments made by Vice President Biden that the US will fully withdraw from Afghanistan within three years, the Congressman did not mince words:

“It should happen right now, it’s not going to happen then, they’re always telling us that. They are not going to leave Iraq – why would they be building all these military bases and building billion dollar embassies in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq? They have no intention on leaving and the people know that – that’s why they hate our guts, that’s why they are disgusted and that’s why we’re bankrupt.” the Congressman urged.

“War is the health of the state. Anyone who wants small government – conservatives, constitutionalists and libertarians – if they want small government they have to understand that war is the health of the state. When you have war you can justify just about anything.” he added.

The Congressman and the Senator elect also spoke about how they are preparing for the convening of the 112th Congress this week.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/ron-paul-talks-2012-presidential-run-i-am-involved-in-a-revolution.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: