Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 12:50:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

David Lynch Releases First Electronic Single “Good Day Today” on iTunes

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Lynch Releases First Electronic Single “Good Day Today” on iTunes  (Read 113 times)
Mandy Esser
Superhero Member

« on: November 30, 2010, 12:52:10 am »

David Lynch Releases First Electronic Single “Good Day Today” on iTunes
by Matt Goldberg    Posted:November 29th, 2010 at 12:05 pm

david_lynch_good_day_today_album_cover_slice

Director David Lynch (Blue Velvet) has released his first original electronic single “Good Day Today”, backed with the narcotic blues track “I Know”, on iTunes.  Lynch has signed the track to UK indie label Sunday Best Recordings.  Sunday Best has commissioned a set of remixes of “Good Day Today” set for release in January.

While this is Lynch’s first original electronic single, the legendary filmmaker has been creating music for decades.  He composed bits of music for Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, Mulholland Drive, and Rabbits.  He also produced and wrote lyrics for Julee Cruise’s first two albums, “Floating Into the Night” and “The Voice of Love”.  Lynch recently collaborated on the album “Dark Knight of the Soul” with Sparklehouse and Danger Mouse.  Click here to go buy “Good Day Today” on iTunes and hit the jump for the full press release.

good_day_today_album_coverHere’s the press release:

FILM LEGEND DAVID LYNCH
CREATES AN ELECTRONIC TRACK FOR HIS MUSIC DEBUT ON
ROB DA BANK’S SUNDAY BEST RECORDINGS

SINGLE “GOOD DAY TODAY” / “I KNOW”
IS RELEASED EXCLUSIVELY ON ITUNES TODAY (NOVEMBER 29)
WITH A FULL RELEASE WITH REMIXES
TO FOLLOW IN JANUARY 2011

Legendary film director DAVID LYNCH has created his first original electronic single “Good Day Today,” backed with a narcotic blues track “I Know,” and has signed it to leading U.K. independent label Sunday Best Recordings. Both tracks materialize today, Monday, November 29 as an exclusive release via iTunes.

LYNCH’s creative output has long been an inspiration for countless electronic music producers. Now he draws on his seemingly endless creative reserves as he succinctly sums up years of musical experimentation into his first ever solo electronic production. With a stamp that is undoubtedly LYNCH, “Good Day Today” features the legend himself on vocals and on production duties. There can be no higher accolade for the electronic genre that LYNCH has chosen to launch a solo project in part inspired by electronic music.

“Good Day Today” was mistakenly credited to Underworld by Jason Bentley due to its warm synth sounds when it first aired on his hugely influential Los Angeles-based KCRW radio show “Morning Becomes Eclectic.” The debate about who created this track is still raging via the Underworld website and message boards—some testament to LYNCH’s first electronic outing. Bentley put the record into the hands of Sunday Best Recordings director Ben Turner at the International Music Summit in Ibiza. Turner played the record to label head Rob da Bank and the pair snapped up the release soon after, signing the track for the world.

“Good Day Today” is joined by the trippy blues track “I Know” for its exclusive digital release on iTunes today. Sunday Best has commissioned a stellar set of remixes of the single for full release in January which will feature artwork created by Vaughan Oliver, the esteemed graphic designer behind timeless album covers by Pixies, The Breeders and Cocteau Twins.

DAVID LYNCH comments: “In all my films, I have always been very involved with all that one hears. The creation of this record was a natural extension of my love of sound and music. I am very happy to be with Sunday Best with the songs ‘Good Day Today’ and ‘I Know.’ This feels like a good partnership and I’m looking forward to everyone having a good day today.”

“If I hadn’t just pinched myself, I’d swear I was dreaming that we’re actually putting out a record by David Lynch,” Sunday Best Recordings’ Rob da Bank adds. “It proves that not only is he a master director responsible for many of my favorite films, but he’s also a talented producer with an innate sense of how powerful music is and can be. I can’t wait to unleash this fantastic record on the world.”

Sunday Best Recordings: Founded in 1995 by BBC Radio One DJ Rob da Bank, Sunday Best Recordings was spawned from the popular south London clubbing institution of the same name. Introducing the world to new acts via the legendary Sunday Best compilations, the label is currently home to Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Beardyman, danlesac vs Scroobius Pip, David E Sugar and the Dub Pistols. The label is A&R’d by da Bank.

David Lynch: Arguably the most renowned avant-garde film director and visual artist of his time, David Lynch is known for his unflaggingly original cinematic projects including Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway and The Elephant Man, not to mention his cult hit TV series “Twin Peaks.”

This is not his first foray into the musical realm, as Lynch has a history of working with a host of musical luminaries. While making Blue Velvet, he needed a certain type of song for an important scene so Lynch and his film composer Angelo Badalamenti wrote the song “Mysteries of Love” to be sung by Julee Cruise. This led to Lynch and Badalamenti writing and producing an entire album with Julee Cruise, entitled Floating Into The Night.” The song “Falling” was the theme music for “Twin Peaks” and won a Grammy for Best Pop Instrumental. In 2008, having composed small sections for his other films and his musical ambitions growing, he became the eponymous creator of a record label David Lynch MC. More recently Lynch collaborated on the album Dark Night of the Soul with Sparklehorse and Danger Mouse. Lynch designed a 100-page booklet to accompany the album, which was initially delivered—after disputes with the record company—in the form of a blank CD-R on which fans were told to “use as you will.”

* 0diggsdigg

Tags:
David Lynch, Good Day Today, iTunes, Music, Sunday Best Recordings

Related Posts
# Behind-the-Scenes Look/Listen at the Music of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS – PART 1
# Official Release Date and Artwork Revealed for Daft Punk’s TRON: LEGACY Soundtrack
# Trent Reznor Releases Five Songs from THE SOCIAL NETWORK For Free; Full Tracklist Revealed
# DC Releasing THE MUSIC OF DC COMICS: 75th ANNIVERSARY EDITION Album
# Netflix Now Available for the iPhone and iPod Touch

« New Images from Lucky McKee’s THE WOMAN
Cyber Monday Giveaway: Free DVDs, Blu-rays, Toys and Video Games »

View Comments
Loading comments...

Problems loading Disqus?
Like Dislike

Community    
Disqus

Login options
          o
          o
          o
          o
          o
          o
    * About Disqus

Glad you liked it. Would you like to share?

Facebook

Twitter

* No thanks

Sharing this page ...

Thanks! Close
Add New Comment
Post as …
Showing 0 comments
Sort by   Subscribe by email   Subscribe by RSS

blog comments powered by Disqus

* Collider RSS Feeds
    * Facebook
    * Follow Steve on Twitter
    * Follow Matt on Twitter

Click here to find out more!
Recent Posts

Mary J. Blige in Talks to Star in ROCK OF AGES

VAMPIRE DIARIES Creator Kevin Williamson Developing Potential Companion Series: “THE X-FILES meets BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER”

Kevin Smith Finds his HIT SOMEBODY Lead in Nicholas Braun

New Poster for I AM NUMBER FOUR

Kirsten Dunst and Chloe Moretz Starring in HICK

News

Mary J. Blige in Talks to Star in ROCK OF AGES

VAMPIRE DIARIES Creator Kevin Williamson Developing Potential Companion Series: “THE X-FILES meets BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER”

Kevin Smith Finds his HIT SOMEBODY Lead in Nicholas Braun

Kirsten Dunst and Chloe Moretz Starring in HICK
      Movie Clips

3 Movie Clips and 19 Images from THE FIGHTER Starring Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Melissa Leo

New Clip from Darren Aronofsky’s BLACK SWAN

15 Minutes of Behind the Scenes Footage (B-Roll) from TRON: LEGACY Set to the Music of Daft Punk!

4 Movie Clips from TRON: LEGACY

4 Movie Clips from THE KING’S SPEECH
      Reviews

CHARLIE ST. CLOUD DVD Review

Blu-Ray Reviews of THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, MAD MAX, and the ROBOCOP Trilogy

ROBIN-B-HOOD Blu-ray Review

BEST WORST MOVIE DVD Review

THE LAST AIRBENDER Blu-ray Review

Trailers

New Trailer for HBO’s Epic New Series GAME OF THRONES

Awesome Fan Made TRON: LEGACY Trailer Called “Rerezzed”

First Trailer for HOP

Trailer and New Images for Disney’s Animated Film MARS NEEDS MOMS

First Trailer and Poster for MEAN GIRLS 2
      Video Interviews

Exclusive Video Interview with Bob Whitehill – Pixar’s 3D Stereoscopic Artist; Talks TOY STORY 3, CARS 2, BRAVE, and More

Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore Exclusive Video Interview TANGLED

Billy Bob Thornton Exclusive Video Interview FASTER

Dwayne Johnson Exclusive Video Interview FASTER; Plus Updates on PROTECTION and He’s Seen Part of His Fight with Vin Diesel in FAST FIVE

Exclusive: Billy Bob Thornton’s Next Directing Project is JAYNE MANSFIELD’S CAR; Plus a Sequel to BAD SANTA?!
      Interviews

Garrett Hedlund Exclusive Interview TRON: LEGACY; Plus Updates on COUNTRY STRONG and ON THE ROAD

Natalie Portman & Director Darren Aronofsky Interview BLACK SWAN

Director Patrick Hughes Exclusive Interview RED HILL

Kirsten Dunst Interview ALL GOOD THINGS

Director Tom Hooper Exclusive Interview THE KING’S SPEECH

Posters

New Posters for THE GREEN HORNET and FROM PRADA TO NADA

Alternate Poster for INCEPTION

Poster for UNKNOWN Starring Liam Neeson, January Jones, and Diane Kruger [UPDATED]

First Poster for APOLLO 18
      DVD

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN Cover Art and Info

Cyber Monday Giveaway: Free DVDs, Blu-rays, Toys and Video Games

DVD Deals: BUCK ROGERS The Complete Series $9.99! Plus THE INCREDIBLE HULK for $11.99 a Season

DVD Deals: MAD MEN Season 1-3 $9.99 Each (DVD or Blu-ray!) Plus Tons of Other Awesome Deals

Collider Giveaway: PlayStation 3 and SPARTACUS: BLOOD AND SAND on Blu-ray/DVD
      Blu-ray

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN Cover Art and Info

Cyber Monday Giveaway: Free DVDs, Blu-rays, Toys and Video Games

Blu-Ray Reviews of THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, MAD MAX, and the ROBOCOP Trilogy

DVD Deals: BUCK ROGERS The Complete Series $9.99! Plus THE INCREDIBLE HULK for $11.99 a Season

ROBIN-B-HOOD Blu-ray Review

Collider

* Home  | 
    * Contact Us  | 
    * About Us  | 
    * Advertising  | 
    * Privacy Policy  | 
    * Terms of Use  | 
    * RSS  | 
    * Site Map

Copyright ©2005 - 2009. All Rights Reserved. Web Site Development by topLingotopLingo website Development
http://www.collider.com/2010/11/29/david-lynch-music-good-day-today-itunes/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: