Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 02:09:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Old Chicago - Bolingbrook, Illinois

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Chicago - Bolingbrook, Illinois  (Read 16555 times)
Desolate Angel
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2010, 11:51:58 pm »

Many rock bands, musicians and other celebrities appeared at Old Chicago during its five-year history.

Former employee Greg Eischen remembers....
"The entertainers would often go on a few rides and getting autographs while working was not allowed. In a lot of cases, employees were asked to become temporary roadies and help load and unload the equipment. I often volounteered to help roll the cases and pianos off the truck and to the stage area.

They perfomed in an area called the Old Chicago Stage, which was added in 1978.. The stage was placed where the Paratrooper ride stood (next to the Haunted House).. The Paratrooper ride was not moved, but removed and sold off for some reason.

On one of my first days working at Old C, 20 employees were asked to help hold the guy wires for Karl Wallenda, a 70 year old famous tight rope walker. I was one of those lucky 20. We had a two hour training class given by his sons on how to hold the wire and steady it as he approched our zone. In this class we actually got to meet Karl.

With the wire crossing inside the building from one side to the other, he crossed the park successfully with no mishaps. It was an interesting sight to see him suspended over the log ride. Sadly, his next tight rope walk between two buildings in Michigan was not successful and he fell to his death."

http://lisawebworld1.tripod.com/oldchicago3.html
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: