Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 04:28:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

GREEN LANTERN Movie Swag: Check Out What WB Sent Over; Includes the Power Ring

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GREEN LANTERN Movie Swag: Check Out What WB Sent Over; Includes the Power Ring  (Read 1853 times)
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 04:26:51 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 04:27:13 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 04:27:34 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 04:28:03 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 04:28:20 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 04:28:59 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 04:29:13 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 11:55:38 pm »

Exclusive: Producer Donald De Line Interview GREEN LANTERN; Talks Parallax, Oa, the CGI Costume, 3D, Limited Sneakers, and so Much More
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:April 2nd, 2011 at 9:06 am

Producer Donald De Line Interview GREEN LANTERN slice

After Warner Bros. showed 4,000 WonderCon fans almost ten minutes of footage from Green Lantern (which was the same footage I saw at CinemaCon the day before), I went backstage to talk with producer Donald De Line.  While the buzz on Green Lantern has been low, by Monday night, everything will have changed.  That’s because the ten minutes of footage played huge and WB will be releasing almost four minutes of it online either later today or tomorrow.  So if you’re at home and wishing you could have been here, you’ll get a taste of it very soon.  Trust me, the footage looks so much better than I expected and Green Lantern has joined Thor, Captain America and X-Men: First Class as the can’t miss comic book movies of the year.

During the interview with De Line we talked about the 3D post conversion and how it’s been planned all along, who and what Parallax is, reveals there are 25 fully CG-animated Green Lantern characters besides Kilowog, Tomar-Ra and Sinestro, says around 25-30% of the film takes place on Oa and he talks about creating the planet, talks about his custom-made Green Lantern sneakers and shows them to the camera (they are really cool), and he explains why they couldn’t do Ryan Reynolds costume practically and reveals:

“When he’s brought to Oa for the first time, they map his body, he’s the first human being to be a Green Lantern. So they don’t really know what he’s made of, so we have this really cool sequence where they dissect and scan Hal Jordan and the ring creates this suit for the first time for a human being.”

Hit the jump to read or watch the interview.

donald_de_lineHere’s the time index of the interview along with some choice quotes.  If you’re a Green Lantern fan, I really suggest watching the interview as you’ll learn a lot about the movie and you’ll see an awesome collectors item.
Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 11:56:11 pm »

Donald De Line

* 0:14 How he feels after screening the footage at Comic-Con.
    * 0:41 How did they decide what to show? “Honestly, this is the stuff that’s the most finished so far. We have so many visual effects shots that are still outstanding that we’ve been really up against the wall, we’re racing to get the movie out June 17th, plus we’re converting to 3D. So really what we’re showing you is the stuff that are sequences that would hang together the most with the visual effects we have finished right now. So we have awesome stuff coming, we just didn’t have it ready to show. So this is really a good representation of what we had ready.”
    * 1:19 Will footage be put on Apple in the near future? “I believe tomorrow possibly there would be some version of what we saw here today that may be 4 minutes. Today’s was 9:55 [minutes long], tomorrow’s I think is 4. It’ll go out online.”
    * 1:37 Will the sequence with Parallax be shown in the Apple footage? “I think there will definitely be parts of it, I’m not sure if it’s there in its entirety, but there will definitely be parts of it.”
    * 2:15 Talk about Parallax in general and how they make him terrifying. “It’s a really interesting thing because Parallax is a creature who feeds on fear, and he sucks the fear out and the fearful souls out of beings, whether they’re human beings or alien creatures. So he’s kinda this amalgamation of all these horrible terrified souls that he consumes, so it’s almost like a living Dante’s Inferno if you will. And that’s a really complicated, bit of a heady kind of concept and the artists and the CG animators we have worked on it for months and months and months and we just started seeing finished shots, so we would have artwork that was supposed to represent it, but we really didn’t have the shots. And then finally it was this giant release, it was like three weeks ago and we got our first Parallax shot and it was like ‘Ah!’ we were so excited about it and we thought it worked so well. But it was a nail biter, you know you have to go on a lot of faith.”
    * 3:28 Talk about the costume. “Our concept is that the costume is created out of the green energy of will, just like the ring is powered by the green energy of will just like the central battery on the planet Oa is completely comprised of green energy. So the suit is green energy, and we didn’t want it to be a spandex suit that he hangs in his closet and puts on. When he wills the ring to become the Green Lantern, and he can do that through the willpower to create this suit and go into his powers, green energy from the inside out creates this suit. And he is, when he’s brought to Oa for the first time, they map his body, he’s the first human being to be a green lantern. So they don’t really know what he’s made of, so we have this really cool sequence where they dissect and scan Hal Jordan and the ring creates this suit for the first time for a human being.”
    * 4:33 Addresses rumors that Michael Clarke Duncan will voice Kilowog. Says they’ve talked about him “very very seriously” but they haven’t made their final decision on the voice of Kilowog yet. Says there won’t be any more big names announced for the cast.
    * 5:15 How many Green Lanterns will be featured? Says they featured 25 fully CG-animated Green Lantern characters besides Kilowog, Tomar-Ra and Sinestro. Besides that, there are 25 “key Lantern” characters featured throughout.
    * 5:58 How much of the movie takes place on Oa? Says around 25-30% of the film takes place on Oa. Talks about the detail going into creating the planet.
    * 7:07 Talks about his custom-made Green Lantern sneakers, New Balance 993s, and shows them to the camera. Features the oath on the inside of the sneaker and a Green Lantern logo on the back.
    * 8:43 What parts of the merchandising excites him most? Says the toys coming out of the Mattel line is fantastic.
    * green-lantern-abin-sur-image9:22 What about the ring? Says there will be versions of the ring that light up. There’s a replica of the lantern as well, and a special edition that lights up when a special version of the ring is held up to it.
    * 10:31 Are there Easter Eggs to other future DC character films? Says there aren’t for other characters, but there are “other kinds of easter eggs one might find,” relevant to the Green Lantern universe.
    * 11:10 Talks about casting. Says they knew Ryan was right for the role on the spot. Tested a bunch of different actresses opposite Ryan and his chemistry with Blake Lively was “brilliant.”
    * 12:12 Filming in New Orleans. Talks about the benefit of filming in the city and why they chose it. Being a city on the water, it was easy to create Coast City. They also have a brand new shooting stage, a screening room for dailies and 3 soundstages.
    * 13:15 Is this the most challenging film he’s done so far?
    * 14:09 Talks about using 3D. Says they knew they were going 3D before they started filming. Watched lots of conversion tests until they felt comfortable.
    * 14:57 Future projects? Says he’s still absorbed in Green Lantern at the moment, but they’re also working on a sequel script for the film already.
Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 11:56:29 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 12:06:26 am »

http://collider.com/donald-de-line-interview-green-lantern/83733/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 12:53:14 am »

Michael Clarke Duncan to Voice Kilowog in 'Green Lantern'
The Warner Bros. movie starring Ryan Reynolds is currently in post-production.
April

7:55 PM 4/12/2011 by Borys Kit

Michael Clarke Duncan and Kilowog
Getty Images; DC Comics
Michael Clarke Duncan and Kilowog

Michael Clarke Duncan is finally in negotiations to voice the character of Kilowog in Warner Bros.’s Green Lantern movie.

The movie, based on the DC Comics character and starring Ryan Reynolds, is deep in post-production. One of the facets of the process is the voice work; Geoffrey Rush signed on to voice the character of Tomar-Re, a bird/fish-like alien, two weeks ago.

Duncan’s involvement had been rumored for several weeks although no offer had been made. While studios sometimes end up moving on, sources say Duncan received his offer Tuesday and is now negotiating.

Kilowog is a drill sergeant trainer of new recruits for the Green Lantern Corps, the intergalactic police force that patrols the universe.

Duncan, repped by APA and Industry, did voice work in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda. He is also guest-starring on the April 21 episode of Bones. He was nominated for an Oscar for his work 1999's The Green Mile.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/michael-clarke-duncan-voice-kilowog-177501?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29&_r=true
Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 10:49:53 pm »

GREEN LANTERN Set Visit Video Blog
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:May 17th, 2011 at 11:00 am

When you visit a movie set, you never know how many of the secrets will be revealed.  Sometimes you leave without learning much about the movie, and when the trailer is released and it tells you the whole story, you wonder why everyone was so guarded.  However, every once in awhile, you visit a set and you’re told everything.  In the case of my visit to the set of Green Lantern last summer in New Orleans, it was the latter.  While I walked in thinking Green Lantern might be a cool movie, I left absolutely blown away by the scope and scale of Warner Bros. next comic book movie.  Trust me, while the first trailer for Green Lantern was lackluster, everything I saw and learned on set told me director Martin Campbell’s Green Lantern is a full scale space opera and it smashes open the door for future comic book movies to tell even bigger stories.  I’m truly excited to see the finished film and if it comes together the way I think it will, Green Lantern will show audiences and the studios that comic book movies don’t have to stay on Earth, or even in this galaxy, to tell their story.

But let me back up a second.

It’s August 2010 and I’m in New Orleans on the last day of principal photography on Green Lantern.  While it’s hot and humid outside, I’m standing in a large air conditioned studio being shown hundreds of pre-production images.  They’re lined up on a few walls and each image shows a scene or location in the movie.  Again, while some set visits are guarded, the Green Lantern production is confident in their story and they’re willing to show us everything.  As I walk from drawing to drawing, I’m imagining the movie in my head, and I can’t believe where they take this story.  Much more after the jump.

Before going any further, at this year’s WonderCon, Warner Bros. premiered ten minutes of footage from Green Lantern. Shortly after their presentation, they released four minutes of it online. If you haven’t seen the footage, I really recommend checking it out because it’s so much better than the first trailer.
Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 10:51:36 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cYOQKi39oI&feature=player_embedded

As most of you know, I’m often on set visits with Peter from Slashfilm and after we get back from set we’ll record a video blog.  Last summer we recorded what might be our longest and most in depth video blog about what we saw and learned on set.

However, I know not everyone has the time to watch such a massive video, so I’m also offering it as an audio file so you can play it while stuck in traffic or walking around.

Here’s the deal: the most important thing to know about Green Lantern is that I truly believe this movie is going to surprise you.  Unlike every other comic book movie that’s been released, Green Lantern takes place not only on Earth, but in outer space and on another planet.  The film is MASSIVE in scope and if the CGI comes together and looks believable (which I think it will based on the footage at WonderCon), Green Lantern is going to be a huge home-run for both Warner Bros. and comic book fans.  I’m genuinely so excited to see this movie.

As usual, I’ve time indexed the video blog so you can watch the parts that interest you.  Green Lantern gets released June 17.  For more coverage from the set visit, below the video are on set interviews with the cast and director Martin Campbell.
Report Spam   Logged
Green Lantern
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 10:52:39 pm »

Green Lantern Video Blog Time Index

* 00:00 Introduction
    * 01:30 The art department
    * 02:00 Spoiler Free Thoughts
    * 04:00 Huge Budgets
    * 05:00 Will Mainstream Audiences embrace the film, and more specifically, the Space Opera side of the story
    * 11:00 Open Discussion Begins
    * 11:50 The Art Department
    * 13:20 The Propmaster, Wearing the Ring
    * 16:00 Day 100 of filming
    * 17:00 Why We Weren’t Allowed to Watch Filming
    * 18:15  The Story/Characters
    * 18:25 The Prologue
    * 21:00 Abin Sur and his spaceship
    * 22:00 Hal Jordan – the character, comic book vs. the film
    * 23:00 Hector Hammond
    * 25:00 Oa
    * 27:10 The Green Lanterns featured in the Oa sequence
    * 30:30 The Green Lantern control center
    * 31:30 The balance of character and action
    * 32:15 The Costume
    * 34:00 Traveling to Sea World To Study Dolphins?
    * 34:30 The Screening Room
    * 35:30 Abin Sur in the Spaceship
    * 36:00 Hal in Caroll’s Office
    * 37:00 Hector Hammond’s new lab
    * 38:15 Render Tests Tomar-Re with Anthony Hopkins voice
    * 39:20 Very Hard to Make look Realistic in Largely CG Sequences
    * 40:15 Post Converted 3D
    * 44:00 Talking to Ryan Reynolds
    * 46:00 Talking with Mark Strong in make-up as Sinestro
    * 48:40 Talking with Director Martin Campbell
    * 50:00 Our Bottom Line Take-aways from the Set Visit
Report Spam   Logged