Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 12:38:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Rand Paul Supporter Stomps On MoveOn Member's Head (VIDEO)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rand Paul Supporter Stomps On MoveOn Member's Head (VIDEO)  (Read 199 times)
Jenna Bluehut
Superhero Member

« on: October 27, 2010, 02:29:41 am »

Sam Stein
stein@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting

Rand Paul Supporter Stomps On MoveOn Member's Head (VIDEO) (UPDATED)

First Posted: 10-25-10 11:49 PM   |   Updated: 10-26-10 03:30 PM

Scroll down for video of the incident

An ugly scene took place outside the Kentucky Senatorial debate Monday night as what appeared to be a supporter of Republican candidate Rand Paul was captured by a local news affiliate literally stomping the head of a member of the progressive-activist organization MoveOn.org.

The MoveOn volunteer, Lauren Valle, went to the hospital after explaining what had happened to local press. As of 11:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time she remained there, according to another MoveOn official. According to a local Fox station, Valle had attempted to approach Paul before the debate took place, dressed in a blonde wig and with a "RepublicanCorp" sign mocking him as a stooge of special interests.

Attendees around Valle are heard screaming, "get the cops" as cameras captured her being dragged to the pavement by her red sweater. Once on the ground a man wearing white sneakers pushed the sole of his shoe down on her head.

There is no definitive word on who stomped on Valle or why they went to such lengths to stop her protest. A call to the Lexington police department was not immediately returned. The Kentucky Post, however, reported that: "Police say she refused treatment and later filed an assault report. Her identity is not yet released."

The paper also reported that a second fight broke out before the debate, with a Conway supporter stepping on the foot of a female Paul supporter. The Paul supporter, who recently had foot surgery, refused medical treatment but filed an assault report.

UPDATE: A spokesman for the Lexington Police Department, Lt. Edward Hart, tells The Huffington Post that as off 12:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time they have not yet identified the man captured on video stomping the head of the MoveOn volunteer. Hart said that the department would be reviewing news footage of the incident and that they "are hoping someone can identify who the person is." Until then, he said, it is a "pending investigation."
Story continues below
Advertisement

Hart additionally offered some details from the police report filed from the incident. There were, he said, roughly 300 protestors outside the debate and only a handful of officers. "We were not anticipating any issues," he acknowledged.

"The victim, apparently, was trying to run up and approach Dr. Paul with a sign reading 'RepubliCorp: Employee of the Month,'" he added. "She worked for MoveOn.org -- was a contract employee sent to the debate with MoveOn.org for the purpose of getting a picture with Dr. Paul with the sign."

Valle had been sent from Pennsylvania for the purposes of appearing outside the Paul event, according to Hart. "She had been attending multiple rallies with the same purpose. She stated that she was wearing a wig and as she was running up to Rand Paul she was either tripped on purpose or pushed to the ground." Following the incident Valle "complained of injury to the temple area."

Hart relayed that a fourth-degree assault report had been filed with the policy department -- as is customary when the result "is a minor injury." Once the suspect is identified it will be up to Valle "to file for warrant or the summons to bring that person into court."

LATER UPDATE: Mark Riddle, a senior adviser for the Conway campaign, tells The Huffington Post that Conway reached out to Valle after the incident took place to make sure she was all right. He did not get through to her at the hospital but was able to talk to a friend or associate who was there.

The Attorney General, Riddle relays, was inside the venue when the incident took place and didn't hear about it until after the fact. Police officials did, however, brief campaign officials in the green room during the course of the debate to alert them to what had transpired outside.

"Everyone is hoping she is okay and I don't think anybody believes this sort of behavior is tolerable," said Riddle. "We can disagree on issues and be passionate about them but I don't think there is any room for someone throwing a young lady to the ground and stomping her on the head no matter how much they disagree with her."

LATER UPDATE:: Paul aide Jesse Benton put out a statement after midnight calling the incident "incredibly unfortunate."

We understand that there was an altercation outside of the debate between supporters of both sides and that is incredibly unfortunate. Violence of any kind has no place in our civil discourse and we urge supporters on all sides to be civil to one another as tensions rise heading toward this very important election. We are relieved to hear that the woman in question was not injured.

LATER UPDATE:: A MoveOn official tells the Huffington Post that Valle suffered a concussion but was released from the hospital very early on Tuesday morning. She is leaning toward pressing charges, the official added.

In addition, Justin Ruben, Executive Director of MoveOn released the organization's first statement on the matter:

We're appalled at the violent incident that occurred at the Kentucky Senate debate last night. Numerous news reports clearly show that the young woman--a MoveOn supporter--was assaulted and pushed to the ground by Rand Paul supporters, where one man held her down while another stomped on her head. This kind of violence has no place in American society, much less at a peaceful political rally.

Our first concern is obviously Lauren's health and well being. She is recovering, and we will release more details as we have them. We are concerned that no arrests have yet been made, and we hope those responsible will be brought to justice quickly, and that Rand Paul will join us in condemning this horrible act.

LATER UPDATE:: Asked about the incident during an appearance on Fox News Tuesday morning, Paul acknowledged that there was "a bit of a crowd control problem."

We want everybody to be civil. We want this campaign to be about issues. I will tell you that when we arrived there was enormous passion on both sides. It really was something where you walk into a haze of lights flashing, people yelling and screaming, bumping up. And there was a bit of a crowd control problem. I don't want anybody though to be involved in things that aren't civil. I think this should always be about the issues. And it is an unusual situation to have so many people so passionate on both sides jockeying back and forth. And it wasn't something that I liked or anybody liked about that situation. So I hope in the future it is going to be better.

LATER UPDATE: Now Conway himself has weighed in with a statement sent from his campaign to reporters.

I was shocked to see video footage of a Rand Paul supporter stomping the head of a woman outside the debate last night. We can disagree on issues, and I don't know what preceded the incident, but physical violence by a man against a woman must never be tolerated. It is my hope that steps have been taken to ensure this kind of thuggish behavior never happens again in this campaign.

We will update this post with more information as it arrives.

Note: A photograph used on the front page of The Huffington Post depicting a "Don't Tread On Me" button worn by one of the men in the altercation was taken by Bob Layton at Blue Bluegrass.

WATCH:

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jenna Bluehut
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:46:29 am »

Republithungs!
Report Spam   Logged
Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:51:35 am »

Make all the excuses that you want on this one, Paul supporters.  This is how Hitler started. He sent his Brownshirt goons into the street to beat up anyone who disagreed with him.

This, coupled with Miller's people handcuffing and detaining a reporter last week should tell you one thing:

fascism is on the rise, and it is coming from the teabagger party. They want you all to live in a corporate dictatorship and they will attack anyone who disagrees with their warped worldview
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/
Austin Heller
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:06:11 am »

I wonder when our FELLOW AMERICANS are (finally) going to realize that we are IN the heyday of Nazi storm-troopers circa 1939…

-- Kentucky GOP Senator-wanna be, Rand Paul shown footage of a 23-yr old woman being CURB-STOMPED (thrown to the ground & assaulted by burly thugs) BY HIS CAMPAIGN supporters & just wanted to assure you that no private property was harmed.

-- Mentally unstable GOP supporting nutcases threatening liberal campaigners in Washington State, Illinois and Vermont.

-- A swastika-laden white-powd­er-terrori­sm attack on a Democratic congressman's offices.

-- Thugs hired by GOP Alaska Senate-hopeful (Joe Miller) roughing up & handcuffing a reporter for asking questions at a public event.

-- Violent gunmen targeting liberal organizations after being inspired by El Rush-bo and Fox News show hosts.

-- Republican congressional candidates who insist that a violent overthrow of the government is "on the table" if the 2010 Election fails to produce the desired right-wing takeover of Congress.

But of course, these are all "isolated incidents.” Not something we need worry about …
Report Spam   Logged

For a longer term solution to corporations buying our elections, see:  http://www.movetoamend.org
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:27:34 pm »

You have to wonder if the CIA is behind this, if they are undercover cops or just useful Re-thug-lican idiots.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 03:28:48 pm »

Of course Move-On.org is Soro's run so I'm thinking this could be staged.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:29:16 pm by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 01:31:32 am »

Sureeeee, Volitzer, never mind that the guy was one of Paul's county chairs, blame the victim! 
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 04:09:52 pm »

Did I call it or what folks.

See below !!!!

Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:41:54 pm by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 06:35:40 pm »

Lauren Valle - Rand Paul assaulter exposed as paid provacateur

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=190564.0;topicseen

I must first state that the way she was detained physically was uncalled for.

Watch the entire video of Lauren Valle running up to Rand Paul's vehicle, wearing a wig, shoving a sign at him and wearing a devilish grin the entire time.

Lauren and 6 others were arrested near N.O for criminal trespass and vandalism.
http://www.lpso.net/pressrelease.asp?id=927

She and other protesters were also arrested in 2008 in China.

She is clearly a paid for protester meant to grab headlines anyway she can. She described herself as a contract employee of MoveOn.org. She also had another arrest in NY for chaining herself to Citibank, acting as if they won't be the ones to benefit from carbon trading schemes.

http://bigjournalism.com/libertychick/2010/10/27/rand-paul-protesters-shady-past-from-beijing-olympics-to-ny-to-nola/ 

Did I call it or what folks.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »

You didn't call jack ****.  Maybe in your woman-hating world it is a good reason to assault a woman, not in the real one.  What was her "provocation?"  Your own post simply states she was "simply running up to Rand Paul's vehicle, wearing a wig, shoving a sign at him and wearing a devilish grin the entire time."

That's not an attack, that's not even close.  The response, of course, was jackbooted fascism at it's best and is worthy of an act of Hitler Brownshirts. Of course, since you have always been something of a misogynist and you love the Paul family, I don't expect you to ever see that.
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 09:27:32 pm »

Sam Stein
stein@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting

Tim Profitt, Rand Paul Supporter, Admits To Confronting Woman At Debate

First Posted: 10-26-10 03:36 PM   |   Updated: 10-26-10 04:32 PM

A volunteer with Rand Paul's Senate campaign has admitted to placing his shoe firmly on the face of a MoveOn.org volunteer outside a Senate debate on Monday night, but insisted that the camera angle of the footage that captured the altercation made the scuffle look worse than it was.

Tim Profitt apologized for the incident in a statement sent to a local AP reporter. But he also criticized the police for not stepping in to calm down the crowd and argued that other supporters had previously warned authorities about the MoveOn activist, Lauren Valle.

(See Valle's recounting of the event below)

Profitt is not, it appears, a random campaign volunteer. Almost immediately after admitting his role, a picture of him and Paul surfaced.

The local blog Barefoot and Progressive also noted that the Paul campaign once touted Profitt's endorsement in a newspaper ad.

A spokesman for the Lexington Police Department said on Tuesday afternoon that "Mr. Profitt is currently being served with a criminal summons ordering him to appear before a Fayette County District Court Judge."

UPDATE: On Tuesday, Lauren Valle spoke for the first time since being thrust into the center of an alarming campaign fracas. Valle said that she recognized the Paul supporters who went after her and felt frightened almost immediately after they claimed they were there to do "crowd control." Her treatment, she said, was "premeditated."

I have been at a bunch of events before, the previous debate, and the Rand Paul campaign knows me and they have expressed their distastes for my work before. What happened last night was that about five minutes before Rand Paul's car arrived they identified me and my partner, Alex, who was with me. They surrounded me. There was five of them. They motioned to each other and got behind me. My partner Alex heard them say 'We are here to do crowd control we might have to take someone out.'

When Rand Paul's car arrived a couple of them stepped in front of me so I stepped off the curb to get around them to get back out front. At that point they started grabbing for me and I ran all the way around the car with them in pursuit. The footage is after I've run all the way around the car and I'm in front of the car and that is when they took me down. One or two people twisted my arms behind my back and took me down... It was about two-to-three second after that that another person stomped on my head. And I lay there for 20 seconds or so and my partner Alex came and got me up and that's the point where there is the media clip of me speaking.

Valle, who is going on MSNBC's Countdown With Keith Olbermann Tuesday night to discuss the event, said that the closest she got to Paul was "about five feet away" and that was only because she was running from the crowd.

As for the notion that she was kicked on the neck, not the head, she replied: "My memory of them is sort of that of a traumatized person. I think it was my head. My head is in a lot of pain today, my neck is kind of kinked. But I distinctly remember a blow to my head."

Addressing the next steps that she will take legally, she offered the following: "I was questioned by the police for about an hour and then afterwards I did file an assault complaint... I think it's public, one of the people has been identified and he ... works for the campaign and there will be further legal action taken. I'm not sure what it is called, but the detectives are moving forward with the case."
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:28 pm »

Rand Paul Supporter Tim Profitt Wants Stomping Victim To Apologize To HIM

The Huffington Post   |  Nick Wing First Posted: 10-27-10 10:30 AM   |   Updated: 10-27-10 11:24 AM

Tim Profitt, the Rand Paul supporter behind the white sneaker that notoriously stomped on a MoveOn activist's head in Kentucky, sought to play down the importance of the incident Tuesday, and went so far as to ask the victim for an apology.

"I don't think it's that big of a deal," Profitt told WKYT. "I would like for her to apologize to me to be honest with you."

While the victim, Lauren Valle, said Tuesday that she believed the campaign workers' violent reaction to her presence there was "premeditated," Profitt told WKYT that he thought Valle was following a strict protocol with the intent of creating controversy.

"She's a professional at what she does," Profitt said, "and I think when all the facts come out, I think people will see that she was the one that initiated the whole thing."

He then blamed the forceful downward motion of his foot on the head of Valle as a function of chronic back pain, a claim he has made before:

"I put my foot on her, and I did push her down at the very end, and I told her to stay down. I actually put my foot on her to -- I couldn't bend over because I have issues with my back," Profitt said.

Profitt, who was once touted proudly by the Rand Paul campaign as its Bourbon County coordinator, has since been cut off from the Tea Party-backed Republican Senate candidate.
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:50 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Janilee Wolff
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 12:52:07 am »

The Rand Paul Stomp

http://www­.youtube.c­om/watch?v­=NmEQs58tO­hs&feature­=player_em­bedded
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 08:56:48 am »

It was excessive on Tim Proftt's part with the stomping and he should be charged for it that I don't disagree, however the rest of the crew that grabbed her and tossed her to the ground was totally justified.  I mean how was anyone there to know she wasn't concealing a weapon when she lunged into Rand's car like that or maybe packing a viral weapon ?  She could have hid something right in the handle of the protest sign making Rand Paul too sick to continue his campaign.  It figures you guys here would defend a chronic trouble-maker funded by Soros.

I don't see where misogyny comes into it at all.  If anything it seems like any kind of feminist anti-hero that comes along gets a free pass by liberals and Democrats alike.

Feminists want equality until it refelcts bad on women.  You feminists should choose your idols more wisely.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: