Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:44:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Emma Stone Cast as Gwen Stacy in SPIDER-MAN!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emma Stone Cast as Gwen Stacy in SPIDER-MAN!  (Read 457 times)
the Green Goblin
Superhero Member

« on: October 07, 2010, 01:54:27 am »

Emma Stone Cast as Gwen Stacy in SPIDER-MAN!
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub    Posted:October 5th, 2010 at 6:11 pm

A few days ago we reported Emma Stone had been cast in director Marc Webb’s Spider-Man and she’d be playing Mary Jane Watson.  We got most of it right. While Stone is definitely in Spider-Man, Sony has just announced she’ll actually be playing Gwen Stacy!  Needless to say, she’ll either be dyeing her hair or wearing a wig as Gwen Stacy is blond.  Of course, it’s possible Webb is going to throw fandom a curve ball by making Gwen Stacy a red head and then Mary Jane Watson a blond.  But I doubt it.  No reason to anger the fanboys with something as trivial as hair color.

Either way, Emma Stone is a fantastic actress and her casting in Spider-Man shows me the studio is aiming to reboot this the right way.  With filming set to begin in December, I’m sure we’ll be getting a lot more casting announcements soon.

It should be noted the press release that Sony sent out says “Emma Stone to Play Female Lead.”  That means if Mary Jane Watson is in the movie at all, it must be a small part.  Hit the jump for the full press release:

SPIDER-MAN GETS HIS GIRL: EMMA STONE TO PLAY FEMALE LEAD

Stone to Play Gwen Stacy Opposite Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker

CULVER CITY, Calif., October 5, 2010 – Emma Stone has been cast as the female lead in the upcoming Spider-Man film from Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, it was announced today by Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Matt Tolmach, president of Columbia Pictures.  Stone has been tapped for the role of Gwen Stacy opposite Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker.  The film, to be directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt and produced by Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will begin production in December and will be released in theaters nationwide in 3D on July 3, 2012.

The casting continues an association between Sony Pictures Entertainment and the actress, who previously starred in Superbad, The House Bunny, and Zombieland, all for Columbia Pictures; she may currently be seen in Screen Gems’ hit comedy Easy A, and takes a cameo role in Screen Gems’ upcoming Friends with Benefits.

Commenting on the announcement, Tolmach said, “It’s been an incredible journey for us to watch Emma’s star rise as an actress.  She is extraordinarily talented and has a very special on-screen spark that is perfect for this role. Given her history with the studio, casting her in one of our most important franchises is a real thrill.”

Webb added, “The chemistry between Andrew and Emma was stunning and made Emma the clear choice.  At the heart of the story of Peter Parker is not only the amazing Spider-Man, but also an ordinary teenager who is wondering what he has to do to get the girl.  Andrew and Emma will bring everything audiences expect to these roles, but also make them their own. Much to my surprise, it was fun to find out that our choice for Gwen (Emma) is also a natural blonde.”

Emma Stone can currently be seen starring in Screen Gems’ hit comedy Easy A.  Next year, she will star in Warner Bros.’ Crazy, Stupid, Love opposite Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling and in The Help, the adaptation of Kathryn Stockett’s bestselling novel; she also takes a cameo role in Screen Gems’ Friends with Benefits and will voice a role in DreamWorks Animation’s comedy The Croods.  Stone’s recent credits include Paperman, Zombieland, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, The House Bunny, The Rocker, and Superbad.

About Sony Pictures Entertainment

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at www.sonypictures.com.

About Marvel Entertainment

Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 5,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in licensing, entertainment (via Marvel Studios and Marvel Animation) and publishing (via Marvel Comics). Marvel’s strategy is to leverage its franchises in a growing array of opportunities around the world, including feature films, consumer products, toys, video games, animated television, direct-to-DVD and online. For more

http://www.collider.com/2010/10/05/emma-stone-spider-man-gwen-stacy/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 01:26:25 am »

Emma Stone Talks ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot & Death of Gwen Stacey

Dec 22, 2010 by Ben Moore
Do you like this story?

Emma Stone was on ‘The Tonight Show’ and let slip that she’s contracted for several ‘Spider-Man’ movies, implying that she probably won’t die in the upcoming ‘Spider-Man’ reboot by Marc Webb.

The Spider-Man reboot, which may or may not be based on both the 616 Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man comic universes, is officially in full-production-swing.

Recently, we got our first look at a blonde Emma Stone, who will be playing Gwen Stacy, as she attended a dreary, rain-soaked funeral – perhaps for her dad, George Stacy, as played by Dennis Leary?

Speaking of Emma Stone, she was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night to debut her new look on television, to talk about her Golden Globe nomination for Easy A, and to discuss her much-coveted role in Spider-Man. For those curious about whether or not Gwen Stacy would be murdered in the reboot, as her comic book counterparts were, Stone says she’s under contract for several Spider-Man movies.

When asked if she was going to do away with the blonde ‘do’, Stone said:

“There’s a few [Spider-Man movies], so I may have to keep it for a couple of years.”

She also revealed that she and Andrew Garfield (The Social Network), who will play Peter Parker in the reboot, share the same physical trainer. When Garfield asked if it would be okay if he worked out with her, Stone said:

“I was like ‘No, that would not be okay.’ He said ‘Why? It’ll be a bonding experience.’ I said ‘Because you can lift a car and I am a weakling beyond belief.’ We’re on two completely different ends of the spectrum.”

What this says to me is that Emma Stone’s character, Gwen Stacy, definitely won’t die in the first movie. As for a second or third movie, one can assume that Sony would want her contracted for as many movies as possible, regardless of whether or not they’d utilize her for so many. My feeling is that, if the filmmakers decide to go the route of killing her – and really, why wouldn’t they? – they’d do it at the end of the second movie, where they could also introduce Mary Jane.

http://screenrant.com/emma-stone-spider-man-reboot-gwen-stacy-deat-benm-93520/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 01:26:29 am »

Emma Stone Talks ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot & Death of Gwen Stacey

Dec 22, 2010 by Ben Moore
Do you like this story?

Emma Stone was on ‘The Tonight Show’ and let slip that she’s contracted for several ‘Spider-Man’ movies, implying that she probably won’t die in the upcoming ‘Spider-Man’ reboot by Marc Webb.

The Spider-Man reboot, which may or may not be based on both the 616 Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man comic universes, is officially in full-production-swing.

Recently, we got our first look at a blonde Emma Stone, who will be playing Gwen Stacy, as she attended a dreary, rain-soaked funeral – perhaps for her dad, George Stacy, as played by Dennis Leary?

Speaking of Emma Stone, she was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night to debut her new look on television, to talk about her Golden Globe nomination for Easy A, and to discuss her much-coveted role in Spider-Man. For those curious about whether or not Gwen Stacy would be murdered in the reboot, as her comic book counterparts were, Stone says she’s under contract for several Spider-Man movies.

When asked if she was going to do away with the blonde ‘do’, Stone said:

“There’s a few [Spider-Man movies], so I may have to keep it for a couple of years.”

She also revealed that she and Andrew Garfield (The Social Network), who will play Peter Parker in the reboot, share the same physical trainer. When Garfield asked if it would be okay if he worked out with her, Stone said:

“I was like ‘No, that would not be okay.’ He said ‘Why? It’ll be a bonding experience.’ I said ‘Because you can lift a car and I am a weakling beyond belief.’ We’re on two completely different ends of the spectrum.”

What this says to me is that Emma Stone’s character, Gwen Stacy, definitely won’t die in the first movie. As for a second or third movie, one can assume that Sony would want her contracted for as many movies as possible, regardless of whether or not they’d utilize her for so many. My feeling is that, if the filmmakers decide to go the route of killing her – and really, why wouldn’t they? – they’d do it at the end of the second movie, where they could also introduce Mary Jane.

http://screenrant.com/emma-stone-spider-man-reboot-gwen-stacy-deat-benm-93520/?_r=true
Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 01:28:58 am »

The first set photos from Marc Webb’s ‘Spider-Man’ reboot have hit the internet, depicting Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) at a funeral. Also, Irrfan Khan talks about his role as the villain Van Adder.

Filming for Marc Webb’s Spider-Man reboot – starring Andrew Garfield as the titular superhero and Emma Stone as the blonde-haired, blue-eyed Gwen Stacy – is officially underway. Somewhere, Sam Raimi is wringing his fists toward the heavens and screaming, “Damn you, Sony, and your rebooting ways!”

Earlier this week, we brought you pictures from the red carpet displaying Emma Stone in her beautiful, natural blonde glory (as opposed to, say, the synthetic red hair we’re used to). And today, JustJared has pictures straight from the set of the Spider-Man reboot – depicting what appears to be a funeral.

Spiderman 4 Trailer
Find more sources/options for Spiderman 4 Trailer
www.webcrawler.com
Ads by Google
Gloomy cathedral? Check. Relentless rain? Check. Black umbrellas? Check. Black Cars? Check. Dark clothing? Double check. Yeah, it’s a typical movie funeral, all right.

There’s no telling whose funeral it could possibly be – after all, nearly 200 people die in New York City every day – but using context clues and the visual absence of Captain George Stacy (played by funnyman and star of FX’s Rescue Me, Dennis Leary), we can assume that it’s probably Gwen’s father in the casket.

Check out the photos of Gwen at the (funeral?) below:
Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 01:29:48 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 01:30:50 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Tick
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 01:33:08 am »

Gwen Stacy’s father – named George in the main 616 Marvel Universe and John in the Ultimate Universe – was a New York police captain. In the 616 Universe he appreciated Spider-Man’s work and tried to prove to the public that the red and blue wallcrawler wasn’t a menace. In the Ultimate universe, John admired Spider-Man’s vigilante justice, sort of, but was no fan of the hero nonetheless. In 616, he was old (ish) and had the white hair to prove it. In Ultimate, he was fairly young and tough, much like Dennis Leary. In both universes, he died sacrificing his life to save someone else’s.

Therefore, you can pretty much guarantee that the funeral is his.

Meanwhile, The New York Times recently talked to Irrfan Khan (Slumdog Millionaire) about his role as the villain Van Adder. His response was certainly…telling:

“Is that his name? These science-fiction names don’t mean a lot to me. He’s a character who, I think, was not in the comics or perhaps a minor character. I’ve read some pages, but the whole script hasn’t been made available to me.”

Well, it’s good to know that we’re not the only ones in the dark. I guess.

The Spider-Man reboot hits theaters July 3, 2012.

Sources: JustJared & The New York Times

Header image: John Romita Jr., Amazing Spider-Man #600

http://screenrant.com/spiderman-reboot-set-images-benm-91483/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: