Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 05:10:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton Doing His Own Plant-Based Diet Experiment to Reverse His Heart Disease!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton Doing His Own Plant-Based Diet Experiment to Reverse His Heart Disease!  (Read 89 times)
Goddess of Love, Hate & Fury
Superhero Member

« on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:29 am »

Bill Clinton is Doing His Own Plant-Based Diet Experiment to Reverse His Heart Disease! Credits Esselstyn, Ornish & Campbell

Billclinton

Clinton Has Lost 20 Pounds So Far Following a Plant-Based Oil-Free Diet

Looks like Bill Clinton is following Dr. Esselstyn's plant-based heart disease reversal diet.

Who would have ever guessed?  A reader from New Hampshire--who has been successfully following Dr. Esselstyn's diet after experiencing his own quadruple bypass three years ago--just sent me this recent post that appeared today on VegSource.   Good bye pulled pork--hello oil-free lentil salad!

Bill Clinton talks about going plant-based to reverse heart disease, so he can be healthy in the years ahead to see his potential grandchildren.

"I'm trying to be one of those experimenters," said Clinton. "Since 1986, several hundred people who have tried essentially a plant-based diet, not ingesting any cholesterol from any source, has seen their bodies start to heal themselves -- break up the arterial blockage, break up the calcium deposits around the heart. 82 percent of the people who have done this have had this result, so I want to see if I can be one of them."

Just hours ago, Ecorazzi received exclusive information from a friend of Clinton (who wishes to remain anonymous) regarding first-hand conversations with the former president about his vegan diet.

According to our source, Clinton decided to adopt the diet in the early part of May. While he does occasionally eat fish, the former president otherwise follows a strict vegan diet.

What made him go vegan? According to our source, Clinton has read many books on the topic, including books by T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Dean Ornish. Although losing weight was a benefit of the dietary change, the choice to go vegan was about more than just losing weight.

"I've never known him not to say what's on his mind," says our source. "And he knows quite a bit and likely has a lot to say about the benefits of a vegan diet. He has read The China Study, and he knows the issues. With time, I think it's likely he could become the most outspoken proponent of a complete vegan diet."

I certainly hope he can stick with it.  What better spokesperson for a heart healthy diet that can cut heart disease, cholesterol, and health care costs all at the same time?  Go Clinton!!

If you aren't seeing the video--click here for the link.

http://www.happyhealthylonglife.com/happy_healthy_long_life/2010/09/clinton.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: