Atlantis Online
December 01, 2020, 08:34:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

God's Emotions: Why the Biblical God Is So Human (Part 1)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God's Emotions: Why the Biblical God Is So Human (Part 1)  (Read 217 times)
Hermocrates

« on: June 22, 2015, 07:45:11 pm »

I've always believed that God exists, but we lack the capacity to understand what God is, and also that organized religion has it all wrong. How could it?  In just what capacity and to what prophet did God appear and reveal how the universe was actually created? The Bible dose not say.  Also, a lot of the stories read like lessons and metaphors. Local tales or folk legends, like the world wide flood.  In other words, made up.

And yet, as advanced as a creation as we are (equally as able to love and create, as well as to hate and kill), I have a hard time believing that humanity, as well as all the other elements of nature were just the result of a cosmic accident.

Trent,
If you are still visiting and posting here, I have to tell you that you are believing on feelings and correct opinion. That is all that we, in our present state, are able to fathom by design. And to tell you the truth, I find it puzzling that no one has sought to understand the concept of the ONE, the Good, the Creator, the Father (God) by looking to the one storyteller that has all of us so intrigued with trying to believe and prove true his tale of Atlantis. After all, if one, after much studying of Plato, and other relevant philosophers, ever gets to the point of having a strong feeling of the reality and existence of the One, God, or whatever you want to refer to, the Supreme being, the self-mover, the Over-soul, then one understands all those seeming, ridiculous accounts in all religious texts, and not just the Bible. Therefore my question is this, why seek the wishful, reality of Atlantis and not the only reality in existence, the Creator of everything, as this was Socrates'/Plato's main purpose? All the myths (tales), including Atlantis, in Plato's writings are only secondary and supportive to the main topic; How man, to be truly happy in this life and the next, should conduct his life as close as possible to the nature of the Good, (God).

Therefore any true seeker of Atlantis should seek to be as close as humanly possible to our Creator and Father, as told us by Socrates'/Plato's philosophy. Atlantis is within all of us, therefore seek there first, then perhaps one may truly begin to understand where and when Atlantis will be found, surely.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: