Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:07:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Anti-**** Crusader Christine O'Donnell is Master of Her Domain

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-**** Crusader Christine O'Donnell is Master of Her Domain  (Read 133 times)
Janilee Wolff
Superhero Member

« on: September 18, 2010, 08:09:22 pm »

The Media Consortium

Network of Leading Progressive Independent Journalism Organizations
Posted: September 15, 2010 01:03 PM

Weekly Pulse: Anti-**** Crusader Christine O'Donnell is Master of Her Domain

by Lindsay Beyerstein, Media Consortium blogger

Christine O'Donnell is master of her domain. The deeply conservative Tea Party darling won the Republican senate nomination in Delaware last night with a stunning upset of establishment favorite Rep. Mike Castle.

O'Donnell rose to prominence as an anti-**** crusader in the 1990s. Jillian Rayfield of Talking Points Memo has video of O'Donnell's 1996 appearance on MTV's series "Sex in the Nineties" in which she and her colleagues from the Savior's Alliance for Lifting the Truth Ministry. (SALT) O'Donnell warns teens that **** is adultery that will undermine their future marital sex lives: "You're going to be pleasing each other, and if he already knows what pleases him and he can please himself, then why am I in the picture?" she asks.

Lest you think the anti-**** ministry was a youthful indiscretion, O'Donnell was still listed as the contact person for SALT on a web directory last updated in 2009. Christina Bellantoni of TPMDC reports that O'Donnell remained an outspoken social conservative on the campaign trail.

Blessing in disguise?

Suzi Khimm of Mother Jones sees O'Donnell's victory as a potential blessing in disguise for Democrats:

Ultimately, though, the biggest benefactor of an O'Donnell victory could be the Democratic Party, as she has a significantly weaker shot against the likely Democratic contender, lawyer and county executive Chris Coons. [...] If the GOP loses Delaware, it could completely blow its chance at getting enough seats for a Senate majority.

Adele Stan of AlterNet reports that, as of 3 o'clock on Wednesday morning, former New Hampshire Attorney General Kelly Ayotte was still locked in a dead heat with Tea Party favorite Ovide Lamontagne for the Republican Senate nomination. Does Ayotte's name sound familiar? That's probably because she made a name for herself as the anti-abortion Attorney General behind Ayotte vs. Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, Beth Saunders reports for RH Reality Check.

If either of these Republican nominee proves too extreme for the voters of New Hampshire, the Democrats could pick up the senate seat being vacated by Republican Judd Gregg.

Urban coal pollution is deadly

In other health news, Michelle Chen reports in Colorlines that coal pollution will kill 13,000 Americans this year, mostly in urban areas:

According to the study, fine particle pollution linked to the coal industry is "expected to cause over 13,000 premature deaths in 2010, as well as almost 10,000 hospitalizations and more than 20,000 heart attacks per year." The estimated death toll clusters in certain industrial cities, namely New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C., affirming other research showing the racial and economic implications of these urban health impacts.

The bright side is that fewer people are projected to die of coal-related illnesses this year compared to last year. It's not clear whether we have tougher regulation to thank, or the economic slowdown, or both.

This post features links to the best independent, progressive reporting about health care by members of The Media Consortium. It is free to reprint. Visit the Pulse for a complete list of articles on health care reform, or follow us on Twitter. And for the best progressive reporting on critical economy, environment, health care and immigration issues, check out The Audit, The Mulch, and The Diaspora. This is a project of The Media Consortium, a network of leading independent media outlets.

Follow The Media Consortium on Twitter: www.twitter.com/tmcmedia
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Janilee Wolff
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 08:11:54 pm »

Sam Stein
Sam Stein
stein@huffingtonpost.com | HuffPost Reporting
Become a Fan Get Email Alerts from this Reporter

Christine O'Donnell, Delaware Tea Partier, Criticized **** On MTV's 'Sex In The 90s' Show

First Posted: 09- 2-10 02:38 PM   |   Updated: 09-15-10 09:47 AM

Long before she became the latest fascination of the political press and the cause-of-the-moment of the Tea Party movement, Christine O'Donnell (R-D.E.) was appearing on news outlets large and small extolling the sins of not just sex but ****.

The Delaware Republican, who is challenging Rep. Mike Castle in the state's Senate primary and has earned the financial backing of a portion of the Tea Party movement, made an appearance in the MTV series "Sex In The 90s." Entitled "The Safest Sex Of All," the episode was ostensibly geared towards understanding the importance of abstinence. But O'Donnell's guidance went a bit further. ****, she argued, is not a moral substitute for sex. "The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery. So you can't masturbate without lust."

"The reason that you don't tell [people] that **** is the answer to AIDS and all these other problems that come with sex outside of marriage is because again it is not addressing the issue," she extrapolated. "You're just gonna create somebody who is, I was gonna say, toying with his sexuality. Pardon the pun."

The president of Saviors Alliance for Lifting the Truth (SALT), O'Donnell was, at the time, just becoming a visible voice in the pro-"chastity" movement. Her organization, a youth-based group started in 1996 with a focus on establishing conservative Christian values in college-aged kids, made frequent appearances on television in addition to lobbying Congress. They did it all despite taking in just $2,000 in revenue.

SALT also helped mold and advocate a host of positions on sex education that, in the context of O'Donnell's current Senate run, seem a bit doctrinaire. In November 1998, for instance, she wrote a piece for an outlet called the Cultural Dissident, discussing why simply being abstinent was not a lofty enough goal.

Yes, I am a Christian. Yes, I do seek to surrender my entire life to the will of our Father. That is precisely why I don't talk about abstinence or secondary virginity when I am asked to speak about sex. Abstinence is a physical discipline, not a calling. It makes our physical condition the goal.

Years later, she was part of a group of outraged religious conservatives who criticized President George W. Bush for allowing continued research on 60 stem cell lines that had already been developed (Bush's position was considered restrictive in its own right). More recently, she suggested that age-appropriate sex education, even for kindergarteners, could convince children that strangers with candy were "not so creepy."

There is, indeed, an abundance of writing and television appearances from this time period of O'Donnell's life that provide a window into her personal beliefs and politics. The fact that they haven't surfaced is owed, primarily, to the fact that no one took her candidacy seriously until this past week. That's now changing. The Castle campaign pledged on Thursday to launch negative advertisements against O'Donnell -- a remarkable and undoubtedly unexpected use of funds from a candidate who was supposed to coast to victory.
Report Spam   Logged
Janilee Wolff
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:14:07 pm »

photo
lazercat2008   11:08 PM on 9/02/2010
1168 Fans
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but  Read More... he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
Report Spam   Logged
Janilee Wolff
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 08:18:53 pm »

I wonder what her position is on wet dreams?
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:46:54 pm »

I wonder what her position is on wet dreams?

she's looks to be probably a none stop master debater on the subject?
Report Spam   Logged
La Femme Nikita

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 05:53:09 pm »

Like all tea-baggers, she is an extremist nutjob.
Report Spam   Logged
nikas
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 06:59:25 pm »

deleted!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:31:11 pm by nikas » Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 09:48:24 pm »

Like all tea-baggers, she is an extremist nutjob.

You know what; just by telling people not too...she is making guys doing it even more...

Woman don't do it? or did she already outlaw **** for woman? her political hand shaking past is probably caked with body fluids  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 11:00:05 pm »

Bill Maher Digs Up O'Donnell 'Witchcraft' Clip

WASHINGTON (AP) ―

U.S. Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell speaks to her supporters after she won the Delaware primary election against Rep. Mike Castle on September 14, 2010 in Dover, Delaware.

Another unfavorable decade-old television clip of tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell has emerged, this time with the Delaware GOP Senate candidate saying she "dabbled in witchcraft."

The clip spread among websites as O'Donnell canceled appearances Sunday on two national news shows. Her campaign said she had to back out of the programs because of scheduling conflicts with events in Delaware.

Since O'Donnell's upset of nine-term Rep. Mike Castle, opponents have unearthed unflattering age-old television clips. The most recent was aired by comedian Bill Maher, who dug up one of O'Donnell's appearances on his "Politically Incorrect" show in 1999.

The context of what led to her comments is not clear, and O'Donnell is laughing while she talks.

"I dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven," she said. " ... I hung around people who were doing these things. I'm not making this stuff up. I know what they told me they do," she said.

"... One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," she said. "We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar."

Maher said on "Real Time with Bill Maher" that he has more clips of O'Donnell and will continue to air them until she appears on his show.

Her campaign didn't immediately return a telephone message Saturday, but she has in the past dismissed her previous comments.

O'Donnell had been set to appear on "Face the Nation" on CBS and "Fox News Sunday."

Campaign spokeswoman Diana Banister cited scheduling conflicts and said O'Donnell needed to return to Delaware for commitments to church events and an afternoon picnic with Republicans in a key county where she has solid backing.

"The priorities are back in Delaware," Banister said. "Those are people who supported her, who were very helpful to her in the campaign, and she feels obligated to be there and thank them."

Banister said she was unaware of the previous commitments when she booked O'Donnell for the shows. She said she canceled with Fox News late Friday and with CBS early Saturday.

"We felt really bad," she said, adding the campaign apologized profusely for canceling at the last minute. Banister said O'Donnell would be pleased to appear on any Sunday news shows in the future.

On Friday, O'Donnell made her first national appearance since her primary upset in Washington at an annual Values Voters Summit. Appearances on the news shows would have furthered her national exposure.

Fox News had booked O'Donnell on Thursday. Marty Ryan, executive producer of "Fox News Sunday," said in a statement that the campaign canceled late Friday, saying she was exhausted and returning to Delaware.

"On Saturday morning, O'Donnell called us and said: 'I got triple-booked. I had been invited to go to church and then a picnic. I have to keep my priorities to Delaware voters,'" Ryan said. "The invitation to have her appear on the show remains open."

Banister said the decision was solely a scheduling issue and not because O'Donnell wasn't prepared to go on the programs.

However, the cancellations reflect a campaign of about six staffers trying to keep up after being thrust into the national spotlight. Banister said many requests are pouring in and the campaign needs a scheduler and additional aides.

Separately, "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer said that program received an e-mail Saturday morning canceling O'Donnell's appearance without explanation. But the campaign later called to say that O'Donnell had some campaign events.

"I can't remember when anybody has canceled on us on a Saturday, but there's always a first," he said. "If she can work it in sometime, we'll be happy to have her."

http://wcco.com/politics/bill.maher.christine.2.1920304.html
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 11:07:32 pm »

Christine O'Donnell - I dabbled into witchcraft, there was blood on an altar (better audio!)

Bill Maher unlocks some old tapes...
+++
READ ALL ABOUT SARAH PALIN'S SCANDALS:
http://palingates.blogspot.com

Ha ha ha ha ... witchy pooh

Report Spam   Logged
Jenna Bluehut
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 12:35:34 am »

David Wild

TV Writer, Rolling Stone Contributing Editor and author of "He Is . . . I Say"
Posted: September 23, 2010 12:10 AM

'Season of the Witch': A Crafty Playlist for Christine O'Donnell

Like Christine O'Donnell, I was born and raised in the great state of New Jersey. As I understand it, Ms. O'Donnell eventually moved on in her personal journey, first towards Satan and eventually to God and politics. I, meanwhile, have for the most part kept a relatively safe distance from all three of those forces in our world. Even though I seem to share little common ground with the Republican nominee to be our next Senator from Delaware, here's a crafty playlist for a Jersey girl with big dreams, at least some of them not involving "Witchcraft" or "That Old Black Magic."

SEASON OF THE WITCH - Donovan
WITCHCRAFT - Frank Sinatra
ELECTED - Alice Cooper
LIKE A VIRGIN - Madonna
BUSTED - Ray Charles
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - The Clash
JERSEY GIRL - Tom Waits
ONLY GIRL (IN THE WORLD) - Rihanna
HOLLY HOLY - Neil Diamond
WHOLY HOLY - John Legend & The Roots
HOLY - My Morning Jacket
POLITICIAN - Cream
KEEPER OF THE CASTLE - The Four Tops
THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC - Louis Prima & Keely Smith
SPEAK OF THE DEVIL - Chris Isaak
MAGIC - B.o.B. featuring Rivers Cuomo
PENNYROYAL TEA - Nirvana
HOWEVER MUCH I BOOZE - The Who
NO DEPRESSION IN HEAVEN - The Carter Family
BROKE DOWN AND BUSTED - Todd Rundgren
VIRGIN - Majek Fashek
CALLING SARAH - Jellyfish
CHRISTINE SIXTEEN - Kiss
I TOUCH MYSELF - The Divinyls
PRAYING HANDS - Devo
OUT OF WORK - Gary U.S. Bonds
TEENAGE DREAM - Katy Perry
POOR HOUSE - Traveling Wilburys
SHE BOP - Cyndi Lauper
CHRISTINE - Luscious Jackson
WITCHY WOMAN - The Eagles

Please add your own songs to my unholy mix tape for Christine O'Donnell -- or even some tunes for Chris Coons, too. Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: