Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:00:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The White Island: Antarctica

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The White Island: Antarctica  (Read 2009 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 01:39:27 am »

So why don't you believe Plato?  

I've already said why a number of times.  Because  as far as our modern sciences have shown so far the articles and technology he describes, didn't exist in the time frame he gives.

Reality is.  I can't add anything to it.
mumbo jumbo

The island of Atlas, holds the world on it's shoulders because Antarctica, the White Island Atlantis, is at the bottom of the world.

What does this mean?  Nothing.  In reference to Atlas, he held the heavens on his shoulders.

In fact it is.
Nope

Proving that there was an Ogygian flood as described by Plato in the relevant dialogues.

What has a flood in Attica got to do with the Antarctica?  Different authors have given different dates to the Ogygian flood.

According to Africanus, he lived at the time of the Exodus of the House of Israel from Egypt.[7]
The first worldwide flood of Greek mythology, called the Ogygian deluge, occurred during his reign and derives its name from him—though some sources regard it as a local flood, such as an inundation of Lake Copais, a large lake once in the center of Boeotia.[8] Other sources see it as a flood associated with Attica.[9] This latter view was accepted by Africanus, who says "that great and first flood occurred in Attica, when Phoroneus was king of Argos, as Acusilaus relates."
When this deluge has been considered global, a similarity is noticed with Noah's flood in the Bible. Various dates have been assigned to the event, including 9500 BCE (Plato),[10] 2136 BCE (Varro), and 1796 BCE (Africanus).[11]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogyges

If Ogyges lived at the time of the Exodus from Egypt, the deluge referred to by his name, certainly can't be before his existence.  Plato's Atlantis sunk long before the Exodus supposedly took place.

What do you claim caused the catastrophe and the shift of the South Pole 14 million years ago?

There wasn't one.

True polar wander
Main article: True polar wander
True polar wander, or the motion of the solid Earth with respect to a fixed spin axis that causes the spin axis to lie over a new geographic position, does occur. This is because of changes in mass distribution throughout the Earth that modify its moment of inertia tensor. The Earth consistently readjusts its orientation with respect to its spin axis such that its spin axis is parallel to the axis about which it has its greatest moment of inertia.[4] This readjustment is very slow. In 2001, historical evidence for true polar wander was found in paleomagnetic data from granitic rocks from across North America. The data from these rocks conflict with the hypothesis of a cataclysmic true polar wander event. This evidence indicated that the geographical poles have not deviated by more than about 5° over the last 130 million years.[18] More rapid past possible occurrences of true polar wander have been measured: from 790 to 810 million years ago, true polar wander of approximately 55° occurred twice.[4]

I'd sooner believe that Cinderella had invisible pink unicorns aboard Noah's Ark than believe Wikipedia.
Suit yourself.  As I said, perhaps you use Jstor to acquire your information, but I doubt it.

I think blind faith is what you offer to us.

I'm not offering anything except what modern science has shown to be true.  I did not see in the statement you quoted

"First glance intuition is often very helpful in coming up with a good hypothesis to explain a given phenomenon, such as the hundreds of thousands of layers of ice found in places like Greenland and Antarctica. It seems down right intuitive that each layer found in these ice sheets should represent an annual cycle. After all, this seems to fit the uniformitarian paradigm so well. However, a closer inspection of the data seems to favor a much more recent and catastrophic model of ice sheet formation. Violent weather disturbances with large storms, a sudden cold snap, and high precipitation rates could very reasonably give rise to all the layers, dust bands, and isotope variations etc. that we find in the various ice sheets today." -- Sean D. Pitman, doctor, December 2006

where it says that humongous ice sheet was laid down all a once.  What is Sean D. Pitman a doctor of, and why don't you link us to his information?  There are no high precipitation rates in Antarctica. It is considered a desert because there is very little precipitation.  So it sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about.  

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: